So I have a slouch, it's not bad but definitely noticeable and I hate it...

So I have a slouch, it's not bad but definitely noticeable and I hate it. I've just always slouched my life so i'm stuck with it now. I try to stand tall but it's hard to keep having to remind myself to do it. Could working my core/pecs help subside my slouch? I have no muscle really at all (im really skinny) and I don't know where to start.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kJjfle7CEwI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump for interest

Somebody post that yt clip of daily wall exercises

You have a slouch and you want to train your pecs and abs ?? You need to train your back, that way they will support your own weight

Get in the gym, slouches are created by weak muscles and poor posture unless you have a skeletal issue, which by now you would already know since your pediatrician would have told your parents and they would have told you and treated you for that.

yea to be honest when i sit up straight i dont feel anything in my torso, like my muscles don't even exist. this is why I thought it would be a good idea to work on that. pecs becauseif theyre more muscular than I could have broader shoulders. i'm all new to this

bumping for interest too
i dont slouch, but when i sit i always lean back really far. even while driving or at work

I went to a chiro for my sshit posture/back pain.

I have to visit once every 6 months to realign everything though.

Work on your back and rear delts.

Do pull ups/chinups, rows and face pulls and you'll be good in a few months.

If you don't believe me just search how to fix this shit on youtube

bump

Deadlifts and core work are a must, also.

Overdeveloped pecs can cause a slouch you need bigger back muscles to pull your shoulders back

Any anons here have experience with correcting their own posture problems?

I had this really badly, but fixed it over about 6 weeks or so. You just have to stand up straight and tall as much as possible. I'm about average height, so whenever I saw someone of a similar height I would stand up properly to see if I was actually taller than them.

Don't fit in the gym, fix it in the real world. After a week your abs and core will feel fucking destroyed (possibly because they aren't used to being stretched like that? Idk). Either way I grew basically 2 inches in 3 months just standing up straight and not looking at the ground all the time. Well worth it

I have a slouch, plus my gut is kinda bloated, and my hips are pushing it forward, so it appears as if I have more gut than I really do, how to fix?

bump for interest. I think i suffer from mild kyphosis and mild lordosis. Together they make my posture kinda wack (not much though). Wanna fix it.

Train your hips, glutes, hams, abs, and lower back.

Aka deadlift if you can

Lift weights (compounds lifts will be like a miracle for quick gains in the parts that you need)

Also start doing yoga. Here:

youtube.com/watch?v=kJjfle7CEwI

How to fix without going too far the other way and creating an ATP/bitchbutt

meme

Weak traps cause the slouch, I trained my mom and she had the worst old lady slouch so we did a strength routine when focusing on the back with shit like deads, upper back barbell rows, and shrugs. It fixed her posture within around 3 months.

There's another one that goes with the weak trap slouch which is forward shoulders caused by tight/strong chest and a weak upper back. Most people with one issue have the other, facepulls, wide grip lat pulldowns and upper back rows are the fix.

That's my problem. Delts are good on all sides but my traps are absolutely shit. I slouch and have rolled shoulders. Gonna start hitting traps hard.

Stretch quads, deadlift, supermans/reverse hypers, stomach vacuums

>stomach vacuums
Is this a joke or what

You never stand as straight as after some heavy ass deadlifts

Diddlies are the cure for everything.

I have the same problem with extremely overactive traps (at least they look good) and it really exacerbates my acid reflux/hiatal hernia, asthma, TMJ etc. I actually wore a back brace (cheap, stretchy one, not hospital grade) to work for the first time today and it definitely helps you 'figure out' what having your back straight feels like and relieves some tension. There are loads on Amazon at varying price points and degrees of efficacy. I chose an admittedly flimsy one because my movement can't be restricted at work (farm) but even that has helped somewhat. It's worth a shot for something in the $10-$50 range.

I guess this is as good a thread as any to ask this
I has a bad slouch/hunchback because of bad scoliosis, but it's "corrected" now so the hump is gone but I'm still diagonal from left to right and the bars go from about just below my neck to just above the bottom of my spine and I still get back pain
and also my legs are incredibly tight as fuck
My point is what kind of exercise should I be doing?
>19 male
>182cm about 75kg
>kinda skinnyfat
>can't lift because fucked up robot spine
>leg muscles tighter than a 10 year old catholic girl

It's Reddit

I used to slouch like a mother fucker. The key is constantly pushing yourself to sit up right. If you live with anyone have them tell you every time your slouching. If you're alone set a timer on your phone to buzz every half hour or so. Also if you're worried it's a lack of muscle which probably also contributes to it don't focus on anything specific. Improve everything and soon enough you'll see improvements

thoracic extension is what you want to do

front squat, deadlift, and make your back stronger. Your chest/arms/shoulders are overdeveloped (because we spend all day using them, even if you don't lift) compared to our backs, so naturally you will lean forward (especially when your core begins to exhaust)

tl;dr train your back