1 glass before bed every night

give me one fucking reason why you don't have a glass of scotch before bed Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/sleep-disorders/news/20130118/alcohol-sleep#1
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257708/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm not an alcoholic

Cause I don't like the taste of it

Alcohol lowers protein synthesis significantly, also decreased sleep quality, it's probably the dumbest thing you could do.

>drinking before bed

Why do all that damage to your body if you aren't going to stay conscious and enjoy it?

I'm allergic

I like Whisky but I don't drink during the week usually.

I drink cheap Irish whiskey instead

>1 glass
>damage
Its great before bed and makes you feel comfy.

>1 glass

...per day. That's 365 glasses per year. You can't tell me that that does NO damage.

Why do I get the feeling you have never stepped foot in a gym nor have ever worked out.

reduces testosterone, increases that hormone that kills hair, makes you feel worse next day, look worse every time because my liver is trying to process the poison, dehydrated mornings, lowered immune system which will make me very susceptible to cold, bad sleep...

you are fucking gay, scotch is amazing. it's like honey when it touches my tongue.

I do a little bourbon sour with grenadine every Sunday for me and the wife. It’s a good ritual

Because I have a tendency to drink like a sailor once I start. Also, muh gut

Not a big scotch person, I normally have a couple of glasses of bourbon or an old fashioned or two.

>be OP
>be "Veeky Forums"
>drink every night
>look like pic related

Why the fuck are there so many threads with people trying to justify their drinking habits on Veeky Forums? Shit if you want to drink then go for it, but don't kid yourself.

Because im not a faggot like you guys

i drink bourbon almost every night. 1 glass to help me sleep or after studying.

>still skwatting 4 pl8 highbar for working set @ 178

I am the deathlord of insomnia and have tried every god damn sleeping pill there is. After years of trying all of the sleep drugs I have come to the ultimate sleep inducer... I drop 3-4 shots of vodka into 1 liter of water, I chug it in the dark silence of my kitchen, no computers or screens in sight, and then I hop into bed and close my eyes. And then I enter sleepy bliss. No hangovers, only dreams now.

because i am an alcoholic, and If I have one glass, it surely won't stop there

Because he's on Veeky Forums

Kys degenerate fuck

cause i don't have to make up for a lack of masculinity by forcing "manly" habits

faggot

Gays are known for their wild partying and rampant drug use, no thanks.

>not starting your day off with it instead
Why even live?

op didnt call it manly though

1 glass if 12 year old Glenfiddich every night before bed.

feelsgoodman

because i feel it the day after. when i'm off from work i have a bottle of ardbeg to nab a sip from though. makes me sleep real heavy.

it's poison

>reduces testosterone, increases that hormone that kills hair, makes you feel worse next day, look worse every time because my liver is trying to process the poison, dehydrated mornings, lowered immune system which will make me very susceptible to cold, bad sleep.

>1 glass

>that's not physical peak for performance

he cant tell you anything he's too drunk

Because i'm busy drinking a 12 pack of beer before bed and ruining my physique, sleeping pattern, health, mental health and gains hahahahaha SLOW REGRESSION TO DEPRESSION AND FATTINESS HAHAHAHAHAHA

Prost

if you put ice in your scotch you should kill yourself for being a shit taste normie

i really dont want to

I'm too busy rolling my spliff

webmd.com/sleep-disorders/news/20130118/alcohol-sleep#1

You are on Veeky Forums OP, get the fuck out of here faggot.

thats not a glass of scotch thats a glass of ice. Real men drink straight

I use a spike mat to pass out every night because endorphins aren't a meme

I used to drink one beer before bed for weeks, then it was 2 beers, and finally a glass of Vodka because I built tolerance quickly.

Now I stopped all alcohol because I don't have enough energy to continue lifting (after 10 months of alcohol almost everyday)...

Because i care about my health you degenerate faggot.

mah nigga im drinking that right now too

Because I used to not be able to sleep without alcohol and sometimes my job brings me to places where alcohol is illegal

>all these people acting like one glass is a lot
I guess Veeky Forums was full of twink manlets after all.

Heavy drinking fucked me up. After having even one beer my liver starts to hurt and PAWS flares up for at least two weeks.

it's expensive

Alcohol doesn't mess with protein sythnesis unless you cross the 0.5kg of alcohol per 1 kg of body weight.

if you're 180lbs, this is about 3 drinks.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257708/

lol loser haha

I don't sleep well when I drink, I always wake up after like four or five hours

what the fuck are you on about? 0.5 kg of alcohol per 1 kg of body weight would mean that if you weigh 80 kg you can drink 40 kg alcohol without problems

He obviously meant 0.5g or something you imbecile

Sage grows in every field.
Me is "this one", make funny since people here sad and me need to stay humble and fast. No offense meant.
This one used to drink regularly. This one do keto, have less than 5 grams all day and reward self with 15 grams dark chocolate and splash of scotch nursed over an hour. This one treat dragon piss like single malt to pretend to be manly.

This one do many things pretend manly. When six this one walk uphill deep snow nearly mile before sun rise go bus. This one do stupid shit to pretend to be manly.

Ethanol is a poison. Please be careful. Once per day is actually not okay, especially if youre heavily medicated like this one. This one like having liver and kidney.

All vices in moderation, this one suggest. See doctor for the definition of "Moderation" since internet idiot premed give bad advice after misinterpret scientific study because Dr. Phil said so.

Just an idiot's opinion
Plz no bully

Acid reflux

Amerifag detected
kys

>how does the human body even work? hurr durr

I'm not 56+ years old yet.

So many pathetic alcoholics ITT

that fucking haircut and beard is terrible

What is a liver?

what he said is still true. the "moderation" meme is bullshit, the fact is ANY alcohol is bad for you, it's just made up to keep normies happy while they poison themselves

Thanks jar jar

>Alcohol fucks up fat metabolism causing you to burn less fat while it is in your system.
>Alcohol fucks with protein synthesis causing recovery to be delayed and gains to be made slower.
>Alcohol causes worse sleep quality further reducing gains and also messing with comfy sleep
>It is expensive and not even that tasty
>I am not a faggot

I'm not 80 or 15.

>getting a buzz from one glass

Bottle a day keeps the doctor away

my dude :^)

>whoops I accidentally included my homework
>look everyone I study chem wow aren't I like a super genius

What
a
faggot

ITT people encouraging alcoholics

Wat

because one turns in to 3

and I get sad

What is oral cancer?
Also, just because you have a liver does not mean you have to put it through shit. Take good care of yourself, and remember not to use mouthwash with alchohol

Alcohol kills gains

lmfao thanks for this comment, bud. Needed a chuckle

Different fag replying
>0.5g per kilo
>10g of alcohol per standard drink
>0.5 x 10 = 20
>one drink per 20kg
>someone who's 80kg could drink 4 standard drinks with no damage
this is blatantly normie science

i drink Mead that i made myself. post tits if you want my recipe

>1 drink
>Alcoholic

This.
Same reason I don't drink a mililiter of bleach every night. Sure that small of an amount of poison might not hurt me but I have no desire for it anyways.

>honey
>water
>yeast
>???
>profit

I have 3 gallons sitting under a towel in my living room aging, in a year it will be ready, since I kinda sort of added too much orange peel and its slightly bitter.

Great response here. I love scotch too, but nobody can seriously argue that it is a good sleep aid apart from actually knocking you out. Your quality of sleep in diminished by alcohol, something that has been rigorously tested and demonstrated.

Tbqh

>Maker's Mark
I see you enjoy watered down swill.

The quality of sleep IS diminished because it causes you to spend less time in REM sleep, but I'd rather spend 10 hours sleeping drunk than stay up with insomnia till 5 and wake up at 8. That said I don't drink then sleep, because its a habit that's easy to catch and hard to kick; meaning if you drink before bed often enough, you'll find yourself unable to sleep without alcohol in your system.

I prefer bourbon.

lmao this

tfw every drink makes the next one easier, hence why i stay away from the stuff most of the time

This desu

You joke, but I used to drink 12 a night between about 6:30 and 11.

1728 calories a day just added onto whatever else you ate.

This is easily the most frustrating and god damn stupid fucking meme I have ever seen. Keep doing it, you raging god damn faggot.

I don't like alcohol, and I have no problem sleeping at night.

Livers don't take damage?

If this is true get help OP - sort yourself out

t. kinesio major

>he puts ice in his scotch

Orgo chem ain't that hard my man. Alkene sythesis is actually my fav topic. Next up... how to make gear.

I enjoy staring at the orgo research on campus. Swarms of polycyclic molecules, something called a "non-innocent" ligand that makes me wanna vandalize it with "3lewd5me"

Both chemists I know got into it because they wanted to make drugs