I finally one repped 1pl8 ohp

i finally one repped 1pl8 ohp

it was slow as fuck but i got it all the way up and locked out

i love you lads

But do you bench lmao2pl8?

2 pl8 is the easiest out of 1234

for me ohp was easiest by a huge margin. i could almost do 1pl8 when i started. bench was barely higher

>still ugly
was it worth it?

no, but i don't think i'm far off. i do 85kg for 8 reps so i reckon at least one rep of 2pl8 is within reach. i do enjoy ohp more than bench though. there's just something primitively gratifying about pushing heavy things above your head.

Post OHP tips? I'm stuck at 50kg

Diddlies were easiest for me. The guy who got me into lifting was a bench n curl bro, so that's all I did for the longest time. Then I discovered Veeky Forums, got into a nonfucktarded routine, and I was adding 20 pounds to my deadlifts per workout. I hit 4pl8 for reps on that, while my bench had stalled at 180, ohp at 130, and squat was barely higher than bench.

Not if you've done SS. You'll hit 3 pl8 squat much sooner

bullshit. OHP is the easiest by far. You wanna tell me, it took you more than one month ot get there ? What the acual fuck ?

everyone progresses differently, mostly due to genes but often due to training methods

Start microloading.

OHP is far easier, most 2pl8 fags half rep it with sloppy form

Is there a dictionary for this shit?

> (You)

>1 rep
That's like 3 months of lifting

>he counts 1 reps as actual weights he can lift

come back when you can do 1pl8 3x5 fuccboi

Lurk moar!
"One repped", "1RM", or "one rep max" is the weight you can use to do the exercice only once, and with good form
"1pl8", "one plate", is when there's a 20kg plate on each side of the bar, "2pl8" means 2 plates, etc..
OHP is Over Head Press
DL or diddlies is deadlift
1234 means 1pl8 OHP, 2pl8 bench, 3pl8 squatt and 4pl8 DL, it's a shitty golden standard that doesn't take your weight in account, but it kinda means you're now a beginner powerlifter

And "dyel" means Do You Even Lift?
And "kys" is for Kill YourSelf
You'll get that a lot if you start posting here...

not OP but my OHP 3x5 is weak, 40 kg.

I don't know about you guys but OHP even though it has been the hardest to improve, it is by far my favorite lift. Like, no other lift makes me happy doing.

With OHP the progress is slow, but it is there. If you do 4,4,4 reps of X weight today, I will do 5,4,4 of X weight next time.

Getting that extra rep just makes me happy.

I hadn't got diddlies or how much a pl8 was (although imagined 20), thanks. 1pl8 is 1 plate each side plus bar =~60kg then?
I'm mostly lurking but wanted some clarification. We all have to start somewhere.

no you dont count the bar

What? I meant total, you lift the bar too, why not count it? I'm not saying 2pl8 would be 120, just 100

it weighs different because the weight is all spread out so its best to not count it
most powerlifting events etc do not count the bar

I'm not sure I follow. Are you referring to the bar bending? Unless you're trying to swing it, weight spread doesn't matter. From a purely mechanical viewpoint and provided the weights don't shift/fall off/touch anything but the bar

I'm pretty sure that most events count the bar desu

>Someone who lifts 1pl8 on a 5kg bar lifts the same as someone who lifts 1pl8 on a 20kg bar

Week one: 5x5, work up to 75% of your 1RM but pump out 5+ on the last set.

Week two: 5x3, work up to 85% of your 1RM, 3+ on last set.

Week three, 5 reps at 75%, 3 reps at 85%, as many as you can fucking do on 95%.

Increment weight by 5lb, rinse and repeat. Enjoy your progression.

Pick up a physics text book and lrn2freebodydiagram you mong.

>got 1pl8x3 ohp today
>mfw I was halfway to 4 but couldnt make it

Good job bro keep it up

Squeeze your glutes and tense your abs.

Kill yourself, desu, baka. Lurk more.

Do you guys use the short bar with more weight or the long bar with less weight?

Pretend like the bar is a motorcycle handlebar, and you're twisting your wrists under the bar as if it was one while simultaneously pulling yourself under the bar
it should put you into the perfect racking position
also
>>>ramping sets

remember to count the weight of your arms

Was doing that every week until sharp pain around the collar bone.

Agreed, I was adding 5lbs to my OHP every week at 8 reps for like the first two months I lifted