Half of thumb is numb after using hook grip with lmfao 4pl8

>half of thumb is numb after using hook grip with lmfao 4pl8

how does one into hook grip?
I can use it pretty well because i can wrap 3 of my fingers around thumb and bar, but i didnt use it whole lot and tbf hurts like bitch

>can hold double overhand 210kg
>cant hook grip over 4pl8

it'll always hurt.

you just get used to it.

if you're just getting into hook gripping now then utilize it at lower weights for a few weeks. your thumbs will acclimate.

Chalk?

jesus christ are you trying to snap your back and bend over backwards? are you trying to get some air? why are you locking out with the force of a thousand suns. calm it down and your spine will thank you

You look dyel as fuck

Those are some weird good mornings there brother.

that's because deadlifts do fuckall for the muscle groups that matter for aesthetics (instead you get a solid posterior chain)

do sumo, at least you'll get some more of those ass/quad gains

fun fact
i was doing rdls like this with phone in my pocket in commercial gym.
I hit the phone so hard it got bent.
Still works, in fact im typing from it rn

that shit looks retarded

You just keep doing it until you lose sensation in your thumbs, there is no other way. Tape and chalk help if your hands are sweaty.

t. weightlifter
t. twinks with no horizontal punching power

R-E-N-A-N-A-S

>t. twinks with no horizontal punching power
I weigh 230lb though

fingers just slide of my thumb when doing hookgrip. Using straps, sweaty palms suck

Get some chalk and tape boyo.

But again, there's nothing wrong with using straps if you're not planning on competing in weightlifting or powerlifting.

What if you need to lift something out of the gum

It's called good hip extension. Back to your babby weights buddy

Come again? Gum?

Are you gonna use straps every time you have to lift something? Grip strength is a thing.

Barbell training won't do much for lifting odd objects anyway, and as load increases so does your grip strength, regardless of if you use straps or not.

Besides, it's not like there is any difference in grip strength gained between straps and hook grip.

Yeah, the gum. The pluce you gu to luft wughts, murun.

Gotta get those jaw gains

I never use hook grip for slow lifts.
I can C&J 160kg using hook grip without a problem by deadlifting with anything more than 180kg kills my thumb. I just use double overhand or straps for that.

my double overhand hold exceeds my dl one rep max(190kg) at the moment, but im sure as fuck it will change eventually

>why not use mixed grip
the memes are right in this, injury rate is higher and i dont mean bicep tears here

If i dont need to hold with hands ill use straps, but strapping up before 1rm attempts sucks dick and throws me off everytime

it helps with the sex muscles

You still get grip strength from straps which nobody believes for some reason. Hook grip is just a competition legal version of using straps that hurts like a motherfucker if you don't train it often. There's few objects in life you hook grip before lifting.

Last time I forgot my straps I went for lmao4.5pl8 hook and I could rip it up when ericmode but my thumbs hurt like fuck afterwards and I ripped a callous off. As a result of these findings I've just returned to straps knowing I can extremely painfully do hook grip at the same weight if I feel so inclined.

Hook grip does no more for grip strength than straps m8. It just replaces the straps with flesh and pain.

>It just replaces the straps with flesh and pain
>implying this is bad

hook grip works just like mixed grip

it prevents bar from rolling out of your finger making it much easier to hold on

it does hurt like bitch tho
il train it since mixed grip gives me issues