Hit 1pl8 OHP 1RM before any other of the 1/2/3/4

>hit 1pl8 OHP 1RM before any other of the 1/2/3/4
Fucking kill me lads

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wce8d8SDvP8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's good. You won't have to worry about looking like a T-Rex.

>Lifting for a year
>Still can't hit 3pl8 squat

kill me...

In how long of time ? I hit 175lb after 7 years of lifting, by lifting I mean playing around with my genetic limits and trying to reinvent the wheel.

>Lifting for a year
>Can't even two plate
>One plate is my first set usually
I'm weak but I blame the cutting

it's about 50/50, me personally I hit 2pl8 much sooner as did most of my benchbro irl gymbros. Now fully focusing on press, at 1.5pl8 strict and 2.75pl8 bench

You want a 225 ohp after a year of lifting ?

>4pl8 DL
>barely 2pl8 squat

>3pl squat
>barely 4pl dl

Are you me? Been lifting for 6 months now, 300 1RM Deadlift and sets of five with 260. Squat lmao1pl8 with bad form which I somehow cant fix. Been squatting 1 pl8 for two months now in the hopes my form will improve but still hasnt.

>tfw 1/2/3
>1 year lifting total
>on a deficit
i dont do deads

How much do you need to db press before you can 2plate bb THE PRESS

I can do 90 once with no warmup (too lazy to take weights off db). But I want to put in some serious effort while my other wrist is broken.

Should I just start at 70 for reps and go up from there?

>can do 58kgx5
>can only do 60kg for 3

db press? probably like 60 kg per hand, seated is an advantage

>reach a goal
>upset about it

Yeah a couple of kilos make a big difference.

That seems way too high.

pic related was my breakthrough. Bought some weightlifting shoes soon after that. Went steadily from 1 to 2.5pl after that

iirc zyzz repped 50 kg dbs and couldn't do 2pl8, just as an example. 55-60 seems reasonable (such that the combined weight is a bit above the bb press weight), unless you're talking seated without a back support (z style)

Imagine being upset that you hit the goal for the hardest lift first.

What is the difference which one you hit first? You have to get all of them. Also everyone is different, different leverages, muscle insertions, length of bones etc. etc. These all factor your performance. If you had ape arms you would probably get diddly first, if you had short femur bone, you would most probably hit squat first...and so on, and so on.

>tfw 6plate deadlift 1RM but only 2pl8 bench 1RM

fucking arms longer than legs m8

1/2/3/4 is for reps, not 1RM
Shoo shoo dyel

actually it's for 10x10 german volume training, you dyel

I lifted for a year then slacked off for a year and now im back lifting seriously and about 2 months in
Hardest lift for me is squat, im almost 2pl8 bench and 3 pl8 deads but still at 1pl8 squat

Shit, I never knew Zyzz was that strong

the post was speaking with regards to a 225 squat silly goose

Fuck, well that's demoralizing. At least I have a fucking goal I guess

Daily reminder that you shouldn't be claiming 1/2/3/4 unless you can do that weight for a proper set (at least 5 reps).

Don't worry buddy you still have time to catch up on the other lifts.

that happends to everyone

youtube.com/watch?v=wce8d8SDvP8

rip shoulders. Good thing he died before his shoulders did.

more like daily reminder that every fitizen interprets this as they please

>mfw 50 kg OHP
>mfw 85 kg bench on the Smith but much less on flat bench
>mfw can't squat properly due to poor ankle mobility but I could go some 80 kg for reps when I tried
>mfw 110 kg deadlift
I'd probably hit OHP first too

>275x5 bench
>315x5dl

Bretty gud

just of of curiosity, how much more can you usually db press sitting vs standing?

give this a shot user, it makes a huge difference

yeah but 1RMs are so variable from day to day and are the shortest possible avenue to being able to say "I reached 1/2/3/4" I mean do whatever you want but I'd feel like I'm cheating myself if I didn't wait until I did these for full work sets.

Yeah I probably will. For now I'm doing goblet squats, can finally go all the way down without plates under heels, leaning forward and sumo stance.

also it's sad because it's not the strength that limits me, I'd say I have quite strong quads and could probably go over 100kg right now if I had better mobility.

I can grind out like 3-4 reps with 1 pl8 strict OHP but struggle benching 185 for 5

What does 1/2/3/4 in reps body looks like?

Does 1/2/3/4 for reps give you abs?

Probably not, you have to isolate abs. Do not fall for the "you only need compounds for abs" meme.

i hit 3 plate squat months before 1 pl8 ohp, for reps atleast not just 1rm

1/2/3/4 is a literal meme. Every hits it in a different order, no need to be upset just keep lifting. Personally I hit them 4, 2, 1, 3.

>a proper set (at least 5 reps).
No such thing as a "proper set" you fag. It's easy to be an elitist and move the goal posts, but if you can move the weight you can move the weight.

>he doesn't know 1/2/3/4 is 12RM

>Bench more than I squat

Depends more on your diet and how big you want the 'squares' to be. Basically you have to cut down to 10% and if you haven't done isolations the abs will be tiny. You also need diddly for that nasty obliques.

Holy shit are you me, we have the exact same lifts.
50kg OHP 1 rep
85kg bench 1 rep
80kg squat 3 reps
110kg deadlift 5 reps

same for me
and im built for deadlifting
bench is faaaaaaaaaaaar behind due to my ape arms

got it in less than 6 months, then i got squat and deadlift.
Rn after 1 year of liftinng im sitting at 1pl8 ohp for low reps (dont care for it), 2pl8 bench for single, 3pl8 squat for double, 4pl8 deadlift for reps

I don't even look like I lift. Mind you I never got the 4plate dead as I stopped.

I got to 195 ohp, 275 bench, 325 squat for reps (had to stop due to injury), and 366 I believe in deads for reps (had to stop because I didn't want to do them anymore).

Only now after stopping doing squats have my legs grown due to leg press almost everyday for 2 weeks. I was fat when I got my prs (besides ohp, that was bodyweight and when I was fat).

30-40 pounds of weight loss later and I still don't have abs. You have to isolate abs if you don't have good genetics

My current OHP and bench working sets are currently 50 kg and 72 kg, respectively. I feel I should be benching more relative to the OHP. Y/n?

yes, around 85 atleast

I started with 50kg OHP at 65kg bodyweight, progressed to 75kg for one rep in like 6 months and never progressed on it since then (2011)
just living the natty life

I just don't feel the move though - I had shoulder problems so I'm benching with a football bar and I tend to feel the press everywhere else, the triceps, the forearm and especially the anterior deltoid, but the chest.

just need to learn proper technique

I hit 1/2/3/4 within the first half of my year. :p
Been a plumber since i was 13 and im now 25 years old lifting for 10 months. :) 70kg OHP, 115kg bench, 200kg squat and 220 diddly

46kg OHP
84kg Bench
120kg Squat
180kg DL

I'm 5'6 and weigh 95kg, alot of fat to keep me strong on my natty journey to 100kg snatch

in order, i hit
405 deadlift
315 squat
135 OHP
500 deadlift
225 bench

literally super mario, make us proud

No shit. What would that be though? I tried the bend the bar queue and it has helped a bit, but it's still not quite right.

is this the power of manlet?

*cue

yes, literally

>What does 1/2/3/4 in reps body looks like?
Like a fat fuck. Abs are visible only on an empty stomach, flexed and in good lighting.

>lifting for 1.5 years
>start at 5'11"/115lbs
>Less Than Bar/Bar/115/135
>now 5'11"/133lbs
>70/115/135/225

Although I do front squat now instead of back squat

>footlet

Uncalled for

you have incredibly poor development for someone who can bench 225x8

I can only squat 195 1rm after a year of lifting
t. Alcoholic

hahaha that footletism

I've been lifting for 3 years and can't squat 3 plates. I'm 186cm lanklet though

i do 2x my bodyweight 150kg like this
fuck buying shoes.
works great.

3plate squat for 5x5 should give you abs

>

gorilla arms?

>330lb squat
>375lb deadlift
I blame my short limbs and long torso

how do u gains on a deficit? i have been too desu

Dude I'm on a deficit too all I've achied so far one plate for everything

Yes, you generally do hit one of the lifts first before hitting the other 3.

Be proud, user. OHP is usually the toughest struggle for people to hit a milestone on.

there is a vid of zyzz squatting 2pl8 for 8 reps or something on youtube

>tfw started meme lifts about a month ago
>tfw follow it religiously
>tfw Squat is 195lbs, deadlift 205lbs, bench 135lbs, OHP 85lbs and barbell rows 145lbs

A-Am I doing it right? I really struggle in going up in weight when it comes to bench press and OHP, I finally set a new PR with OHP today though, I'm hoping I can go up in weight on my bench this Wednesday

why is that bad? 1 plate ohp was the first i hit to

yo idiot, 1/2/3/4 is REPS not 1RM'S u THICK BASTARD

AHAHAHA how fucking small are your feet? you look like a size 6 womens

>165lb ohp
>430lb diddly
>185lb bench
>265lb squat

Help

Genetics I guess? I really don't know. I was pretty fat before. Around 260 lbs at 6'. Got down to 173 and felt my lifts getting weaker so I started eating more.

All dis bad form

If you struggle for long periods stalling at around 1plate military press, youneed to clean your form up, bring the grip in, tighten core and glutes, and push harder.

W T F
T
F

You're not the only one my guy.
I remember first hearing about 1/2/3/4 as a standard and was confused about it because I seated OHPressed 1pl8 fairly quickly.
I don't mind though, I like my delts in proportion to the rest of my physique, they're still stronger proportionally to this day, comfy movement IMHO.

I can OHP 135 strict for sets of 8 but my bench is 185 for reps. Chest looks good too but fuck mang where da strength at.

I pulled 500 like 3 months before I broke 300 on squat.
The secret is to not train squat enough and deadlift when you're bored.

What? His chest and arms are massive. He's just a bit doughy, but that's easily fixed.

COPE

Good work, lad.

Brother

> 77kg bodyweight
> 72.5kg 1RM OHP
> Probably could have went for a 1RM 75kg OHP at 77kg
> All other lifts around 1/2/3/4

What is the best compound movement and why is it OHP?

>strict press 88 kg
>bench 75 kg
I just don't like benching desu

> 600 squat, 410 bench, 650 deadlift

> Still can't strict press 2 plate

Weird thing is my shoulders triceps are strong, I just can't generate much power in the start position, maybe mobility issue?

He's talking about ohp. And 2pl8 squat isn't that heavy.

That's pretty normal family

no, his chest and arms aren't "massive"

he genuinely looks like a fat guy who doesn't lift

yes

fellow chestlet reporting, my ohp is 75% of my bench, people naturally have different ratios.