Does Veeky Forums count the bar or is that just pussy shit?

Does Veeky Forums count the bar or is that just pussy shit?

It's weight you faggot. It weighs 45 pounds.

I rest the weight of the bar so, naturally, I warm up with negative weights. That's the norm, right?

counting any weight at all is for pussies

I count everything above the shoulder joints. It's kind of a bitch to weight your forearms every week but it's worth it for the precision.

yeah i spent 45 minutes on the only bench press in my gym calculating the weight of cells in my hands yesterday, a couple people asked to work in with me and i just moved my calculator in front of their face and ignored them

The bar weighs 45 lbs, why the fuck wouldn't I count it?

It depends where you're at. Gravitational force decreases with increased elevation above sea level, so if you're a Denver faggot you have to add weight to equal anybody lifting along the coast.

i thought the bar was 50

It's 45.

Too pretentious
>sceiswan sauce

No i do 135lbs by putting 2 pl8s on one side and 1 pl8 on the other.

Because youre stupid

If you want to be real with yourself/your results, you have to count it.

I used to not but it matters when I switch bars.

I thought it was 35..

There are girl bars that are 35

There are people in this thread who count plates. LOL.

You dont count the fucking bar, jesus christ.
If you count the bar you might aswell count your arms, same idea

Typically 45 for an Olympic bar, but a lot of gyms will have bars that aren't. Womens bars are 35, a lot of 'standard' non-oly bars are 25 or so (those can vary wildly) and there's a ton of specialty bars that are anywhere from 20 to 65+.

You don't count the bar for 1 rep maxes. It's fine to include for sets of 5 reps and up.

>the way he grinds out the last rep

this webm will always be one of my favorites

3pbp

>he counts the bar
lmao you don't know just how wrong you are

I"ve been lifting for 2 years now, what difference does it make to count the bar?
It's not "like counting your arms"
It's pound-for pound what the palms of your hands are acting upon.
135 isn't 90. 225 isn't 180. It's all the total weight. Obvious exceptions matter when adding up weird bars but about 90% are going to be 45lb's.

Do you also count your arms, bitch nigga? How about the weight clamps?

>not counting the clips

I count only the bar. Feels good to have uniform lifts across the board.

count it or not, it really doesn't matter as long as you are getting bigger or stronger pushing your limits
only powerlifters care about that shit

No because arms are part of you and the clips are negligible weight... The bar legitimately weighs 20kg/45lbs.
If i asked you to randomly add lmao1pl8 to all of your lifts on any given workout you'd struggle.

Why imply that your body can tell the difference between an elongated 45lbs and a plate 45lbs?

TL;DR ,Count the fucking bar.

I lift in 5lb increments, so if the clamps weighed 5+ pounds I would count them

It just boosts numbers an extra 45lbs.
Ignoring it is a tough guy meme.

this. I though this was the norm?

I count the locks on the oly bar too, they're 5lbs each but I count them as 2.5 kilos anyway which is 200 grams more. Deal with it.

what utter fucking mongoloid doesn't count the bar, no seriously what stupid shit eating retard even asks that question? You should be euthanised and your brain used for something more useful like being turned into dog food or something

Congrats you've invented shovel deadlifts

I'll be honest I hadn't ever really thought about the weight of the bar. I always just thought it was pretty light.

The only argument I've seen for counting the bar is that your lifting it so you should count it but I don't see the point because it's a constant that everyone is lifting and therefore doesn't make it anymore impressive.
It's just easier to look at what you're lifting on one side and record/remember that and if anyone wants to see how much you're lifting total they can double it and add 20kg themselves.

>t. dyel

You have to count the bar if you're doing % work, for anyone itt that isn't a troll

The only ones who cares are internet tough guys. Who cares what to count as long as you can measure your progress?

Unless you're in a PL meet, then yeah, they count the bar

I don't even use a bar. I just take a plate, put in on my chest, and have my spotter add more plates after that.

And then bounce them using only your pecs?

Only if I am super setting to failure. No, I get my hands underneath the bottom plate and start lifting.

in my gym there is a huge thick bar that weights 70lbs, first time lifting there after doing dumbells i went to do 2pl8 there and thought i was getting weaker, could do two reps only while on my older gym i could do 5, then i realized how thicker and bigger it was

really, i always thought the bar was 20

Nobody counts the bar but dyels who want to feel better about themselves. It's just lying to yourself bro, don't do it.

I dont understand why you wouldnt.
Ive started with dumbell press, with no-bar logic my transition to a bench press would be suicidal cause id attempt to lift an extra 45lbs more than normal

>arms are part of you
Listen to this retard. The bar is also part of the weight too isn't it? Point is, don't count your arms, the bar, or gravity. But you do have to count for the holes in the weight.

fat bars are usually 80 or 110lbs

It's 20 KILOGRAMS

There's a difference between lifting 0lbs and lifting 45lbs, so yes you do count the bar.

Counting doesn't make you stronger. I put weight on the bar, pick it up, and then put it back down repeatedly. If you want to be an autist and say you lift the weight minus the bar than go ahead.

I only count pl8s so it doesn't matter

One standard olympic bar = 20 kg.(45 lb)
One standard olympic plate = 20 kg (45 lb)

As one olympic plate is the same weight as an olympic bar the two are interchangeable, and therefore 1pl8 = 20 kg.

>Squat time
>Load up 3 pl8
>Pick up bar
>Instantly tips over because there are 2 weights on one side and 1 on the other
How am I supposed to avoid this problem?

My bar only weights 10 kg.

Guys really?
"what's your squat?" = don't count the bar.
"how much weight can you squat?" = count the bar

Lol

nigga weight is caused by gravity don't try to be smart when you aren't

But 3 pl8 is two 45s on each side.

Did you really think 1pl8 is 90lb?

3pl8 is THREE 45s on each side
Veeky Forums is full of mongtards jesus christ

kek