PPL 3 days a week

So, I can only workout 3 days a week and I've been doing an upper/lower routine for the last year. I'm starting to get tired of it and I was wondering if a 3 days a week PPL is good enough?
>Inb4 do a full body, I just don't like full body routines I feel they are too strenght oriented which isn't my goal

no

do a full body

only hitting each muscle once a week is not enough for hypertrohy without roids. You can do full body routines with a focus on hypertrophy.

This.

Some routine suggestion?

Strength should be your goal until your schedule frees up. You'll see your PPL working weight shoot up once you finally switch back.

Here’s what I do

AxBxAxxBxAxBxx

A day
Squats 3-4 x 6-8
Barbell/cable rows 4 x 6-10
Bench 4x 6-10
Arnold press 3 x 10

Accessory

B day
Overhead press 3-4 x 6-10
Deadlift (occasionally use a hex bar) 2x6-10
Chin-ups/lat pull downs 4x6-10
Dumbbell press 3x10
Accessory

If it’s the middle of we week and you have not recovered from the first day, feel free to go extra light or drop the leg workout for the day.

For accessories, just pick some isolation like curls, pec flies, lateral raises or leg press.
Tbh you don’t have to stick to a strict routine or work in a ridged program that makes you work with sets of 5 on every exercise. For a full body workout, just do compounds at a weight that you can comfortably work with and go for reps rather than weight. Make sure to vary the exercises and allow for recovery.

do icf 5x5 (maybe change the main lifts to 3-8 or what ever meme hypertrophy rep range)

I'm thinking of doing full body three days per week basing it around Back/Front Squats, Deadlift and Overhead Press. But I don't know what weight I should be using since I'm used to doing these movements only once or twice a week with a good 3 or 4 days in between if twice. Do I go for as heavy as I can for 8-10 or go with lower reps for strenght? I don't know which would be more benificial while allowing for adequate recovery, right now I basically write my body off on leg day, takes me days to recover then I do deadlifts.

Most decent programs are going to include multiple rep ranges.

You can usually go pretty hard on each exercise with full body because you're going to be doing fairly few per session (maybe 3 big movements and a couple of accessories, often only two big movements depending on how you do back work).

if you want a 3 day routine just do ss then tm with accesories, not easy to get proper hypertrophy going 3x without burning out

Is once a week on the main compounds alright if you hit them hard and use progressive overload and multiple rep ranges? I realise it's not optimal but as compounds the compliment eachother and good assistance will further tie things together, for instance deadlifts one day and weighted pull ups will both train your back.

>3 days a week
kek

Do you think your bench will progress if you bench hard as fuck for one day and not at all for the rest of the week? Why would you even want to train only once per week?

Natty, running 5/3/1 4 days a week, is this optimal?

So you're saying you think doing a full body with maybe 3 working sets per compound, three days per week, plus assistance, would be better than doing one day per compound even if you trained it very hard? I'm a novice so I'm genuinely interested. I know that this isn't going to work for hypertrophy but I'm talking more about strength.

Yes, for a lot of reasons.
Higher frequency teaches the movement to your nervous system faster
Muscle protein synthesis (gainsmaking) lasts for about two days, so you should train every bodypart 2-3 times a week. If you train extra hard, "until it burns bro, until your arms drop bro,don't be a pussy bro", all you're doing is making recovery harder.
Imagine two twins train chest. One does a fuckton of bench on Monday ant the other does 1/3rd the reps on Monday, 1/3rd on Wednesday and 1/3rd on Friday. Whose reps will be higher quality and heavier weight in your opinion?

alphadestiny novice program

>workout 3 days a week
so when are you planning to start lifting?

3x a week
squat or deadlift varient, 3-5 sets of 3-12 reps
bench or ohp varient 3-5 sets of 3-12 reps
vertical or horizantal pull 3-5 sets of 3-12 reps
add in 3-5 sets of 8-20 reps of biceps, triceps, abs, calves, lateral delts, posterior delts, or whatever else you want

OP here, thanks for the suggestions

Thanks for explaining with reasons.

A (Push):
-------------
Bench
OHP
Cable Pulldowns
Squats
Calves

B (Pull):
-------------
Deadlifts
Chinups
BB Curls
Reverse Flys
Cardio (LIT/HIIT)

AxBx; additional x when needed
?x6-15

>so when are you planning to start lifting?
3 days lifting, two days aerobic running, 2 days anaerobic hill sprints/spring and bodyweight HIIT circuit.
Take a rest day as needed but never a rest on a lift day.
Mobility/Flexibility work before each workout, stretch after. Further recovery work later in the day as needed.

So it's not as if I'm not training. Not going to lie though I'm ottermode, not anything impressive.

*sprints/sprints and bodyweight