QTDDTOT

Todd Howard edn.

So I know that calories burned counters on cardio machines aren't 100% accurate. But my question is, just how off are they? By 50cals or so? Is the calories burnt they give you still a close enough estimate?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/get-ripped-get-walking
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is water fast a meme or not? How do I make my body feel full on less stuff?

Depends on the person and the machine, but in general they should be ignored because of how variable their accuracy is.

Are visible abs guaranteed on a specific bf% or is it all dependent on the persons body/genes?

Dependent on the person. Ab hypertrophy plays into it, as does where that person tends to store fat.

Several ways. Eat less calorie dense stuff like sweet potato (only 103cals per medium potato), lean protein sources.

Intermittent fasting where you eat in certain time windows (12pm-8) for example, can also help.

And of course drinking lots of water throughout the day helps you feel full.

Thanks. So how do you personally measure calories burned then?

After my workout can I just search '20mins elliptical calories burned' on Google for a rough number?

Is rice a good thing or a bad thing? Should I cut (wheat not white) bread out completely or use it sparingly?

Do you think running in a pool is a better alternative than running on land? I want to build cardio but I also want to preserve my knees for as long as possible.

Sup guys.
Doing GSLP, with the frequency method. For now, I'm at 9 sets of 6 chin ups, and 9 sets of 12 push ups. What is the endgame in term of volume for these two things? Like how many sets of how many reps should I aim for when increasing them?
Thanks!

Then cycle, or swim. Cardio isn't only running.

for GSLP, you wan to be aiming for a minimum of 3x5. Don't progress until you can do at least 6-8 reps on your final set. If you hit 9-12, consider doubling your progression.

Carbs are a scapegoat, there's literally nothing wrong with them. Bread, rice, pasta, and other carb-heavy food can easily fit into someone's diet as not only a side, but a staple.

That being said, stuff like rice and pasta is nutritionally-void so you need stuff to supplement it.

I wondered what the difference was once, so I tested it in a definitely scientific not at all shitty way. I ran it for an hour.
There was a several hundred calorie difference between the machine, the fitness tracker on my phone which was in my pocket, and my fitbit. Did the same thing a couple days later on a different machine, got a different total on the machine, roughly the same on phone/fitbit.
. I wouldn't trust them, personally.

Thanks but not talking about that. In the book the dude talks about what he calls the frequency method. The idea is to do a shit amount of body weight work each day. My question is related to this, the rest of the progression I understood.

What kind of finish should I use on my gymbag log?

I have a foreskin. How the FUCK do I wear a condom?

> 6'1"
> 310lbs
> Male
> 31

Was at 338 at the beginning of the year and started working at a job that was semi-physical, dropped down to 295 in a couple months without changing diet. Maintained there, had wanted to keep losing weight but kept bitching out, but I just started a job that is mainly sedentary for 10 hours a day plus an hour to commute each way. I've made it back up to 310 and want to change direction before I get back to where I was. Not sure what my goal weight will be, I just want to not look like a tub of shit when I take my shirt off.

I'm in the process of changing my diet (cutting out soda especially) and I want to start working out/weightlifting but gyms are intimidating. Can you just go in and get a membership and have a trainer show you how each machine works, or is it just assumed you should know what the fuck you are doing when you go in?

Fully retract your foreskin, then put the condom on. The tightness of the condom will keep it in place. Your foreskin should be able to retract completely over your erect penis, if it doesn't you need to see a doctor about phimosis.

Is there ever a point where I should stop doing kegels? I started a month ago and the results I'm seeing are so good that I don't think that I'll ever stop, I'm already doing them once a day and I think that I'm going to start doing even more.

still uncomfy as fuck though. I think I'll stick to emotionally invested sex with partners I've been dating for several months, or I have known them for quite some time, and not using condoms.

If you are both STI/STD free and she's on effective birth control (or you live near stairs) than rawdog it my man. Fucking a chick while wearing a condom on your dick is like eating a steak while wearing a condom on your tongue.

I do both bent-over dumbbell rows (arms close to sides) and standing OHP. Are those enough for my shoulders, or do I need to add some rear/lateral delt work as well?

Add more rear and lateral delt work. You don't have much of anything for them.

How long did it take you to go from 20% bf to 12%?

I've been stuck using 50 pound dumbbells for my farmer walks for over a month and haven't been able to increase weight (its almost slipping out of my hands). How to get my weight up for them?

I presume you're doing grip work with farmers walks yes? If so just increase the time.

That's the problem, the weight is slipping out of my hands by the end of each set, so if I hold longer I'll end up dropping them. What gives?

Chalk

The question is kinda stupid since it depends on how much you weight. 1%bf is not the same for a 180 lbs 20% or a 250lbs 20%(this guy would prolly be huge though).
But I'd say between 4 to 6 month depending on how much you cut.
Lets say you're 200 lbs, 20%bf. You'd need to shred 20 pounds of fat to be at 12%bf. Cutting one pound per week would be 20 weeks, hence 5 months (well a tad less). But this is really a rough figure since you can't cut 5 months straight you'll need refuel days, so it'll take a tad longer probably.

Anyone have experience with chronic shoulder tendonitis in supraspinatus and possibly strained infraspinatus? I've made no gains in years because of this shit I just want to die. What do i need to avoid reinjuring it?

Alright so I got a two part question, Veeky Forums.

First, my problem.

I've recently realized that most of the problems I've been experiencing the last couple of months (back/knee/hip pain, shit squat form, etc), is probably originating from my hips being rotated out of place.

My right hip/leg sits "behind" my left while standing.

In addition, my left leg is much tighter than my right. Stretches are noticeably harder, it tires out faster while doing cardio, and during squats it gets tired much faster than my right... if I don't go super low with the weight (as in, lmao not even a pl8), I'll start putting more and more weight on my right side, which fucks up my form.

So, my questions:

1. What stretches can I do to fix this shit?

2. Can I still do lowweight bitchsquats while I'm trying to fix this shit?

How do I target my upper traps/back of the neck? I've been doing neck curls with weight, although I've seen increase in size from the front, from the side my neck is fucking childish.

I used to do 3 days at the gym mostly stuff like ss but switched to some hyperthropy workouts during the summer.
I'm starting a new job and 2 days in the gym seem more realistic for now.
I'm also a cyclist and spent my sumemr riding around 200km a week but I want to focus on the gym for the winter.

so hows this

Workout A

Barbell Bench Press – 3 x 6 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press – 3 x 6 reps
Military Press – 3 x 6 reps
Weighted Pull-Ups – 3 x 6 reps
Barbell Biceps Curl – 3 x 6 reps
Weighted Triceps Dips – 3 x 6 reps

Workout B

Barbell Back Squat – 3 x 6 reps
Barbell Front Squat – 3 x 6 reps
Leg Press – 3 x 6 reps
Walking Lunges – 3 x 6 reps

I'd like to add a thrid day hit training sprints on the bike, probably at home on the trainer.

How long does DOMS take to subside? Been away from the gym for a few months due to moving back home for a while, got my own place now so back into it. Think I pushed myself a bit hard on my first couple of sessions back and my arms are pretty stiff today. Not painful, but putting a shirt on this morning was a struggle. Think I will take the day off to recuperate

Using a lacrosse ball on sore muscles seems to help

This is more of a mental health thing but is there any way to figure out why people look at me? I always thought I was being paranoid but a few people I have known for a long time have noticed it as well. Its more than just a passing glance as I will be going about my business and I'll see someone just look at me for a bit. I'm kinda autistic so I've been just thinking about finding out by jokingly asking if I've got something on my face, is that a normal enough reaction?

They're looking at you for LITERALLY any number of reasons you fucking autist

Some of these reasons may include

>they're amazed at how ugly you are
>they think you're attractive
>they're laughing at how fat/weak you are
>they're mirin ur gainz
>they're watching you do something stupid
>they're watching your form because they're autistic and do that as a hobby between their own sets
>they're trying to not get caught staring at the hot thot who's also in the gym
>they're bored and are people watching
>they're zoning out and the empty space their eyes are directed at happens to contain you

Literally just stop thinking about it. Nobody cares about you. You shouldn't care about anybody else.

that's a very reasonable plan.
to make it extra funny ,say it quite loud, alsmost yelling.
maybe try looking them straight into the eye and pull up your upper lip to show some teeth.

Yeah? I'll give that a go, thanks user

Is StrongLifts a meme?

bump

Sometimes I get a dull pain in the centre of my ribs (right about where the lat ends) when I squat / deadlift (sometimes I get it and other times I don't). I also feel it when I hyperextend my upper back or bend to the side with the pain, but it comes and goes and only lasts a week max. I have no problems benching or doing other exercises.

I have gone to the doctor but he couldn't diagnose it and told me a physio was unlikely to be able to help. Has anyone had anything similar?

In your back or your chest? What do you mean by center of ribs?

Someone r8 my GSLP variant pls, routine thread is dead. I know it's fairly basic but I want to avoid any glaring flaws.

>move skwot and diddly to the very end of the workout so I can AMRAP with all my vigor and then go home? or leave it as is because doing all that fluff will make me lift less on them eventually?
>can I do hip thrusts on all three days (once injury clears up) or will this be too much then? I fucking love hip thrusts, and also having mirable gloots
>will my substitutes (see below) fuck me in the long run? got a nagging injury but still need to get big and stronk
>overall critique plox

warmups for main lifts are 1x5 bar (from blocks in case of DL), 1x5 50% of working weight, later on also 1x 75% of work weight but for now that shouldn't be necessary; "warmups" for fluff where applicable are first set = 50% of other two

Day 1:
2x5 1x5+ Overhead Press
2x5 1x5+ Neutral Grip Pulldown (injury prevents weighted chins, do bodyweight ones at home)
2x5 1x5+ Squat (Monday and Friday) or 1x5+ Deadlift (Wednesday)
3x8 Rope Hammer Curls
3x12 Lat raises
3x15 Kneeling Cable Crunch
Farmers walks for time on squat days, for distance on DL days, weight yet to be assessed

Day 2:
2x5 1x5+ Bench Press
2x5 1x5+ T-Bar Row (can't Yates or Bent Over cuz injury)
2x5 1x5+ Squat (Monday and Friday) or 1x5 Deadlift (Wednesday)
3x8 Skull Crusher
3x12 Facepulls
3x15 Leg Raises or Reverse Crunch (depending on injury and how much it hurts)
Farmers walks for time on squat days, for distance on DL days, weight yet to be assessed

fasted walks and grease the groove chins and pushups at home, occasional forearm work and neck work whenever (inb4 lel manletdestiny)

>Can you just go in and get a membership
yep
>or is it just assumed you should know what the fuck you are doing when you go in?
nope. helps to watch form vids and whatnot beforehand in case it is a commercial gym with trainers who have the knowledge of burnt toast, but generally, you're going there to improve yourself, not to show off of your skill (well, at least until later kek)

It's on my back on the red line (but on my right side). Thought it might have been the serratus posterior inferior but I don't have pain when bending down (but I do when bending back up)

>texture mod
>combat/realistic movement mod
>NPC and enemy AI mod
>like 20 other niche mods
skyrim is suddenly amazing

From what you've told me, that REALLY sounds like a bulging disc.

However, I'm not a doctor.

I did a similar workout for half a year and I think I never gained more.
however If you go at it hard you'll be fucking pooped.
squatting/dling heavy and benching/overheading really got to me.

No, I don't think so. The doctor checked and I don't have any of the symptoms but thanks.

>however If you go at it hard you'll be fucking pooped
I have amazing work capacity from playing sports on the side for a long time, the volume is kinda much but as long as I eat and sleep well I seem to survive just fine. So I get from your post that it looks good all in all? Any input on my questions at the top?

Is 20min of cycling twice a day good enough cardio?

it sounds fine then, thinking about it it started getting to much for me when I started playing tennis with a friend mostly twice a week so if you just focus on the lifitng I'm sure you'll be fine.

on your question , I thought about the same thing , but the general consens seems to be that you should put your compounds at the beginning for maximum gains , I allways started with either squats or dls did one accersior and then moved on to my second compound.
I didn't find mouch hard facts about this though.
however once you reach a certain intesity with the big lifts I personally would appreciate arms and legs that are as fresh as possible.

I don't do anything but bodyweight shit and fasted walks on the side so that should be gucci.

And yeah, an inherent part of GSLP is doing your squats and DLs last, so you can go balls to the wall on the amraps and because a heavy squat will influence your bench more than a heavy bench will influence your squat. He even does curls and skullcrushers before them, but I was unsure, because I do them for more volume and heavier than he meant them to. Hm. Ah, I'll leave it like this for the time being and play around in case I need to. Thanks for your insight!

I really don't know where else to ask but how do you activate the legacy captcha? Also what do the bracketed categories for the boards at the top indicate? It clearly has nothing to do with their sfw status, their hobby status, or the length of their tag.

Do you wear shoes to lift? apparently you're supposed to, but I'm /homegym/ and never felt the need.
I do 30 minutes each day, pushing it pretty much as hard as i can go. It's not enough at all.

I want to do t-nation.com/training/get-ripped-get-walking because I need something of the sorts that isn't jogging or biking or swimming (injuries stop me from the first two and my swimming technique is too atrocious to count for this), but I am eurofag, and thus must do it in km/h on the treadmill I have. Of course, no treadmill has like 4,7453 km/h as a setting, so is it better to round down to the nearest .5 or round up to the nearest full number? I don't want to go too hard too soon but also not shortcircuit my aerobic gains.

>inb4 t-nation
so what, I follow him wherever he writes
>inb4 just run
not possible
>inb4 min-maxing these details holy shit autism
well look around where you are

I've seen guys use lower and lower weights for an exercise e.g. Bicep Curls, start using 50s, 45s,..until eventually 5s and then stop. Is there a benefit to this over using your original weight only?

I've got a fuckin smoking hot girl coming to visit me this weekend.
I've been experiencing decreased libido lately due to stress and lack of sleep (and probably lack of cardio)
Where as before I could go 6-10 rounds with a girl lately I'm lucky if I get 4.
What can I do to improve my libido by friday?

drop sets or rest pause have their merits, you essentially stress the muscle more by going to failure with lower and lower weight again and again, stressing every last fiber and pumping it full of metabolites. that said, straight sets with enough weight will do the trick just fine, this is just sort of an advanced technique to bring up lagging body parts or movements

>Where as before I could go 6-10 rounds with a girl lately I'm lucky if I get 4.
HUMBLEBRAG HARDER, YOU CUNT

but, supplement zinc, maca and beta alanine, fap hard as fuck shortly before the first time you fuck her, keep her entertained with oral and fingering during your refractory periods and don't try again to early

Not intended as a humble brag. I still have a fast recharge time but my libido is drastically lower than it was a few months ago.

Thanks for the insight user

Sleep more, eat more, supplement what user said, do your kegels.

Thanks guys

How do I heal a bulging disk?
>fuck SS

I found a routine by a poster here that had great success and I modified it a little for me:

A
Squat 5x5
OHP 5x5
Bench 5x5
Incline bench 3x10
Calf Raises 3x10

B
DL 3x5
Barbell Rows 5x5
Lateral Raises 3x10
Weight crunches 5x12
Barbell curls 3x10

ABxABxx

Thoughts?

I went from 120kg to 90 over the course of this year. I've been hitting the gym for the last two months regularly.

Should i maintain or lose some more. I don't have much muscle mass so i don't want to go full skeletor/lanket mode. I'm 190cm.

Also am i going to make it?

depending on your hight 90 can still be a lot.
and you don't look skinny right now.
I'd focus more on the gym but still try to keep calorie concious

Thanks, I'm 190cm so about 6'3. At 90kg i am at the upper edge to be considered not overweight according to bmi.

Bumping that! Anyone? How about a nice butt.

if muscles release growth hormone when damaged

and bigger muscles release more growth hormone

won't training legs the day after, say, shoulders, bring me more shoulder gains?

thats where she shits from

just wear the fucking condom bro. if not for yourself then do it for your partner.

What is the better way to do bicep curls

50lbs dumbell 2x5 with bad forms

40lbs dumbell 2x10 with good form

moar

100lb dumbbell with atrocious form

this is literally something you need to see a physio for. APT or PPT an image forum can help you with, but not asymmetric posture issues. Leave that to the pros.

Hey guys

I'm approaching the end of my cut down to 10% body fat and want to speed things up a little.

What is the maximum safest deficit I can get away with? 750cal definitely alright?

Keep in mind I'll be hitting my protein intake, lifting heavy too.

Always good form. Bad form won't do shit...

Anyone? I should note that I'm a beginner.

Sorry m8, can't share more. I prolly shouldn't have posted this already...

I started SS and am doing it for a week, but I'd like to lift for aesthethics, and it seems like SS is the worst choice for that.
Is there a different routine that I could do? I'm scared of a fat suit which is pretty inevitable with SS.

I have ADHD and take a pill to help me focus in school, but since elementary school this pill has killed my appetite and I would never eat lunch
Now I’m in college and since I started bulking I stopped taking it, but I’ve been doing pretty bad compared to high in terms of grades.
My question is should I keep taking the pill or not and if so how do I increase my appetite

only half of the asshole visible, technically sfw kek. gib imgur pls

liquid calories. blend up some milk/whey/peanut butter and you can easily get 1000 kcals in a shake.

For bodyweight i would suggest going for amap anf count how many you can do. Then set your sets/reps around that

Shiiiet guess I’ll make a shake tomorrow

How to lose neck and cheek fat so I can reveal a good jawline?

caloric deficit

Bought an ab wheel lads

What's a good progressive routine to get a pristine, nice, hard core?

But what %bf and I don't eat much right now. It feels rare to get 1000 calories

I’ve been thinking about doing a workout where I excicise 4 days in a row then rest. I’m thin of an improvised west side for skinny bastards but I’m still new so idk if it’ll work

maybe you just don't have a good jawline. you would know if you did even at 20%+, it would just be less defined.

roll forward then backward

Recommend me a good PPL routine also is it feasible to do it 2x a week(i.e. everyday)

Yeah, just do SS or GSLP. SL is trash

Thanks lad, gonna get shredded as fuck

Push ups, Sit ups or run first?

Sup anons several questions here.

I'm an overweight sonofa but I'm struggling with a few things.

- I'm tall 203cm or 6'8. I can't do squats without my knees passing my toes. When I adjust this my balance is off and I fall backwards while coming up from the squat. Any tips?
- I haven't been to the gym in over half a year, and even then didn't achieve much. I'm using the SS routine, but I feel like I'm too quickly done with my exercises or I have to wait for equipment to be free. Are there any ehh (I believe they're called accessory) exercises I can do to help me with the big compound exercises and fill up my training?
- Lastly, dear anons... I'm pretty insecure. Being a bearded, big guy doesn't help my case of being as unnoticed as possible. How do you cope with this when doing exercises while I'm not as fit, and not lifting as much as others?

Yeah but you're supposed to increase the number of set or reps each weeks. What I'm wondering is the max number of rep I should aim for (I can't do more than 9 or 10 sets in a day)
Because doing sets of 20 chin ups and 100 push ups is not really my goal, and it's kinda time consuming over a routine...