So, I stalled on 60 kg bench press for 1 month with SS

so, I stalled on 60 kg bench press for 1 month with SS

I switched to PHUL, and after only one month of training, I yesterday did 65 kg 3x5 with proper form.

How do you explain this?

you were doing SS wrong.

adding 5kg to a 60kg bench press in a month of training is slow progress

it's still progress

the only thing I did wrong was not drinking 5 gallons of milk per day, which apparently I did not have to do with PHUL.

You discovered the standard answer to any plateau: Throw more volume and slower progressions at it.

You made all the gains you could make on that program eating what you were eating

1) how long were you resting between sets
2) how much were you eating and sleeping
3) were you doing a shit ton of accessories

1) 5 minutes
2) I am more careful with that now
3) no I wasn't doing any

no, you did a lot more wrong. SS is known to work well, so when people stall at ridiculously low weights it's obvious that they are the problem, not the routine. by switching to a routine with more rest you haven't fixed whatever you're doing wrong, you've just delayed it. you're going to stall again at low weights, and then what are you going to do? hop on an advanced routine with a 80kg bench press and aim for adding 2kg every month?

>2) I am more careful with that now

There's your answer you stupid fucking faggot.

I won't switch, I love PHUL due to the amount of accessories that it has. I did SS for 5 months, my 3x5 bench was 30 kg when I started.

also

>5 minutes

try 6-9 dummy

If it takes him almost ten minutes to recover from a submaximal bench set, he has bigger fucking issues than his lifting progress.

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE, IM TRYING MY BEST

No, he really doesn't. A 3x5 is around 85-87% of your 1RM. It's going to take a while to recover from. He's training for strength, not conditioning.

Hey OP go fuck yourself fag

Not the same user.

OP is stalling at lmao1pl8. I can almost certainly gague it’s the case of OP not eating and/or sleeping enough.

>60kg
>stalled for a month
You should try literally eating anything and doing the program. There is no way you lift fucking anything if you didn't get noobgains in a month. Read the sticky.

Of course it is.

Regardless, the SS book recommends that you rest for as long as you need to to be able to complete the next set. Rip himself has said that anywhere from 6-9 minutes is perfectly acceptable.

correct.

you realize the weight you lift is relative to ones own proportions and body-weight right?

> Non-competitive (I assume) strength trainee
> Needing more than 5 min rest

Bruh if you're not peaking for a meet, you don't need 10 min rests, you need to improve your work capacity.

>lifting close to the absolute maximum amount of weight you can lift
>doing that four more times in a row
>doing that three times a week

you're gonna need to rest.

Speaking of rest and sets, I'm near OP's level of dyel but sometimes my second set of 65kilos goes much easier than the first one, and yes, I do warm-up sets before these and rest just 3-4 minutes.

warming up more honestly helps so much

even adding in one more rep during my final warm up set and one more set of the bar helped me push more weight. i use warm up reps dot com now and its helped tremendously with my bench

Pic. related. 1pl8 is not heavy enough to warrant 8 minutes rest for OP.

In the case of a male, 18-40 years of age, within the 99% CI of height, 60kg Bench Press is achievable on SS 95% of the time. That statement of differences is irrelevant.

You could argue that body weight is relevant, but if OP is 62kg, only 2kg up from when he started months ago, he’s not eating enough.

how much do you weigh and whats your height?

skinny dudes are generally done with starting strength around 135-175 on bench, and fatties about 175-225 just to give you an idea.

>you're gonna need to rest
For 6+ mins? Per set? Of fives? Jesus, lay off the load for a bit. Going full-on grindy @10rpe every set will fatigue you like mad. Yes, even if you're a novice.

>Stuck on 60kg bench for 1 month
>Had to move to an intermediate program at 60kg
Ahahahahahah what a genetic dead end. I feel bad for your kids