Will 5x5/strength based programs make me manlet status?

Will 5x5/strength based programs make me manlet status?

Looking for a program to acquire aesthetics not pic related

yes user the heavy 5s will compress your spine and turn you into a manlet. Mark Rippetoe was seven feet tall before he founded Starting Strength

you fucking idiot stupid god damn retard

I meant is there a program focused on achieving a more aesthetic physique not if it will compress my fucking bones to 4"11 height.

b4 you fucking ree at first sight

Get a strong base through a strength base for a few months then switch to an aesthetic program once you can do high reps at a decent weight

thank you

what no's should i aim to achieve or should i just ride out 12 weeks til i miss weight

Probably.
Just do a general weight lifting program along with calisthenics.

You shouldn't do the 5x5 or typical bodybuilding program that's whored everywhere on the net by geared up retards.

It will only set you up for failure in the long run and lead to snap city.

is lyle's bulking routine ok?

yes

why does this guy look kinda weird? Is it the wide lats?

short manlet limbs
im about the same height as him but im 16 so I was looking for a leaner look as opposed to bulky since it looks comical on short ppl.
Him and Zac Efron are about the same height and you can see that even though Efron juices he looks more aesthetic than alpha destiny.

he's very short

Your routine doesn't matter, if you don't look bulky stay lean. Betamanlet looks that way because he's very muscular and fat

No, they won't. Me before Starting Strength

Me after not even 6 months of starting strength

>he doesn't do front squats
not gonna make it

op here
tf is that semen load of a decoration you have on your wall

good job tho i got genetically massive legs so i had a girl's lower body and a skinny fat upper body on 5x5 so was just looking for clarification.

Me too. Add chin ups to starting strength, and if you're not followed by an olympic weightlifter, ditch power cleans for rows
Also look up for similar programs, like SSF redemption. Apply the precepts of starting strength: progressive overloads, high intensity.
Add accessories like curls and lateral raises at the end of the program if you feel like you need them

what do you do about squats and deadlifts tho
i love doing them since they're my strongest lifts but tfw cant fit into jeans.

they make me look like a fucking centaur

>I meant is there a program focused on achieving a more aesthetic physique

people always ask this like there's a way to separate "strength" from "aesthetics". it's a surefire way to tell that someone is an extreme noob if they are asking this question. these people believe that you somehow dont gain muscle size if you do 1-5 reps, only strength, and you only gain size if you do 6-12 reps.

the reality is that it doesn't matter what the rep range is. all that matters is you are progressing forward. this might mean simply going from a 225x5 bench to a 275x5. this might mean going from 3 sets of 8 barbell curl to 5 sets of 10 with the same weight. you're increasing your workload, and therefore your muscles are growing. this is what people mean when they say strength equals size.

there isn't any specific program that will make you "aesthetic".
aesthetics is a combination of good muscle development, genetics, and bodyfat.
percentage. genetics is the wild card, only two factors you have control over is your muscle and bodyfat.

best way to maximize muscle development:get strong as possible in all rep ranges on a variety of exercises. in particular for aesthetics, you should priortize your OHP and rowing variations.

bodyfat: if you want that shredded look, cut to 10 percent. be warned that naturals look small as fuck at 10 percent.

the best range is 14-20 to maximize size while still not being fat

is 14-20 enough weight stimulus on the muscle tho?
thinking about sticking to lyle's bulking routine as opposed to 5x5 but i just want to avoid that thick waist look really bad.

Yes.
Any true full body program(compounds and isolation exercises) where you do 3-8 sets of 8-15(where you're pushing yourself to near failure on the lift)reps and have at least 1minute of rest between each set and exercise is how you get optimal mass gains.

Make sure you continue to put more weight on the bar every other workout.
It's about quality sets and fully exhausting the muscle but not killing the muscle.
It's not speeding towards the brick wall of strength plateau then severely injuring yourrself while trying to ego lift yourself over it like so many stupid noobs and older lifters who should know damned well better.

OP HERE

THANK YOU

If I'm a manlet, what should I focus on? which body parts will only emphasize my lack of height?

The only real difference between what people classify as a "strength" routine and a "bodybuilding" routine is exercise selection. You could literally just take any of the 5x5 programs out there, add direct shoulder and arm work + a movement for anything else you really want to emphasize and you'll be aesthetic as long as you aren't eating yourself into obesity.

Also anyone that tells you that there are 2 kinds of hypertrophy and you only get one kind depending on which rep range you choose is uninformed.

The "thick waist look" is like 98% genetics and bodyfat percentage.

You should focus on learning. You won't though

but Veeky Forums told me SS is a meme

>Any true full body program(compounds and isolation exercises) where you do 3-8 sets of 8-15(where you're pushing yourself to near failure on the lift)reps and have at least 1minute of rest between each set and exercise is how you get optimal mass

see

>is 14-20 enough weight stimulus on the muscle tho?

what are you talking about? did you really misread the post that badly?

14-20 is referring to bodyfat percentage....

looks like a 9th grader who took roids to make the jv football team

>That guy should not be generating youtube revenue.
He is literally a sub-par midget.

lol yes i did sorry about that

Are the arms photoshopped or manlet arms really look like that?

Would doing a strength routine on a cut be redundant? I'm 5'8" and about 173, so I'm still pretty flabby

I don't understand how you can go to failure and then only rest 1min. I feel like if I did this, I'd only be able to get half the reps of the previous set

Don't cut super aggressively, but as a novice you can definitely cut and still get stronger pretty easily.

Sweet. Just started SS last night. Gonna make it, brah

I've been seeing good newbie gains on phrak's greyskull LP. It's less squat focused as you deadlift on wednesdays

same. I feel like my work capacity definitely needs work, but I generally take longer rests (~3min) between heavy compounds because I'm afraid I won't get all my reps in

>high reps at a decent weight
what is decent?

80%RM and 8/10 reps

It's partially work capacity, partially just that higher reps don't seem to take as much time between sets. Assuming a roughly equal level of effort of course.

Does failure mean until you actually can't do another rep without exerting a shit ton of effort or is it like an AMRAP where you do reps with consistent effort

SS is a meme for aesthetics. For noob and strength gains, it's not. Though there are far better programs for novice strength gains.