How do you get your abs showing, Veeky Forums?

How do you get your abs showing, Veeky Forums?

I've been swimming 45 mins around 2x a week for 5 months (pic related, me before starting and today), sometimes I'll jump rope at home and do some pushups for 20-30 mins in case I skip swimming or can't go.

I've been eating healthier, I don't count calories, but I avoid eating too much shit and getting more protein. I made these changes more due to mental health reasons and getting occupied than wanting to get big (I detest running and going to the gym, I love swimming however), but seeing these changes made me want to get a bit toned, my body overall got more toned but I want to see if I can get those abs showing, plus I'm going to get some weights to lift at home.

So, tips? Do I need to be more patient? Do I need to go harder at it? Or is this as good as it's gonna get? Thanks in advance.

You have to have some abs for them to show.

This.
The "abs are made in the kitchen not in the weightroom" thing is something spouted by idiots.
You have to train your abs to have them show.
No squats and deads are not enough to give you a six pack
Anyone who says that is a fucking imbecile or a lunatic.

Oops, I guess I fell for that meme. Thanks guys, I'll train them some more in that case.

>want to get a bit toned
shit normies say.

you get "toned" by getting down to 10% body fat. you will need to count calories normie, not just "eat healthier".

btw if you have big abs and that pathetic chest, you will look ridiculous. Lift some weights.

Hanging leg raises.

>i don't count calories
Unless someone is very experienced and eats the same thing day in day out, you have to track to get low enough bf%

and this is just bull shit. heavy compounds are plenty for big abs

>"abs are made in the kitchen not in the weightroom" thing is something spouted by idiots.
I have thicc strong abs, like you can feel them hard and every single square and separation is notable if you touch them but they are covered in a layer of fat and they don't show so I can attest your ideas are not true.

>and this is just bull shit. heavy compounds are plenty for big abs
LOL
Obese faggots with shit cores telling other people what they should do for their abs.

Oopsie daisy! Lol!

If you won't go to the gym, I'd recommend you buy one of those door frame chin-up/pull-up bars. Nothing like chin-ups to build biceps imo, and pull-up are also great. Plus you could do some abs shit as well with it.

projecting

You're about to realise that your definition of "big" and your understanding of how much effort getting "big" takes are way off. You swim because you don't want to get big at the gym, but what you didn't realise is that you're small. And you'll stay small unless you get bigger. Keep swimming but definitely start lifting dude, if you want to build enough muscle to look good you'll need to.
Hopefully in six months you can post a follow-up with your results from swimming + the weights you bought, and we'll see.

But the guy in the OP does not have abs and he's not a fat ass.

So no, abs are not made in the kitchen. They are made with exercise.

Dieting has no direct benefit when it comes to building the actual muscle.

This.

Abs = exercise
Ab visibility = diet

Jesus, why don't you retards try diet and exercise? Abs are only visible at a lower bodyfat, but they do need to be built too. Otherwise there's nothing to show.

This is what "abs are made in the kitchen" means you fucking retard.

No it's not you galloping fucktard.
Just because it's pithy and seems clever doesn't means it's correct.

It's what you tell fat asses who think they can tone their core's till they get a six pack or that flat toned and not manly tummy.

It's not something you tell people who have low bodyfat or are already athletic and want to know how best to get decent ab definition.

>It's what you tell fat asses who think they can tone their core's till they get a six pack or that flat toned and not manly tummy.
huuuuurrrrrrrrrrrr
>It's not something you tell people who have low bodyfat or are already athletic and want to know how best to get decent ab definition.
Duuuuurrrrrrrrrrrr

Most people who want visible abs but don't have them just need to lose weight, because working abs is the most basic bitch normie of all exercises. OP is uniquely retarded in thinking that swimming would give him abs.

Fucking stupid.
Why did I waste my time.

Tfw skinny fat, been stuck in this mode for months

>been stuck in this mode for months
you could just lose the weight

So you're honestly just fucking assuming that they naturally have well defined abs or do ab workouts.
Is that it?

The fucking OP has no abs even though he has low bodyfat.

Not OP but What exercise do you guys do for abs? Just Curious

Yeah probably a better idea, this recomp shit takes too long or I just suck at it

recomp is a meme

Have you tried targeting your abs

please tell me you arent that faggot who thinks that visible abs = fit/muscular. abs showing simply indicates you have low body fat. body builders dehydrate themselves so they can define their muscles even more

>he doesn't dehydrate his self everyday for extra sick cuts
kek are you serious brah

As a fatfuck who just picked up swimming (presently can only do 12 50s, but add a 50 every week) and am swimming 3x weekly, I'm inspired. I also lift 6x a week and run 3x or week, but someday hope to have the Adonis Belt your rocking.

Do you butterfly? Probably requires more abdominal effort than other strokes.

Please don't be one of those fags who thinks squatting 3 plate and being an 8 piece mcnugget away from being morbidly obese means he's strong/fit.

>It's not something you tell people who have low bodyfat or are already athletic and want to know how best to get decent ab definition.

Then why the fuck did you bring it up when no one said that? The only person who used it wrong is you by complaining that someone would use it here.

Yes, because OP is fucking retarded, and in an uncommon way. Even dipshit normies know to at least do crunches if they want visible abs. The expression "abs are made in the kitchen" exists to address the core problem most people without abs who want them have: they are not lean enough. You're acting like telling a skeleton to eat more is bad advice because NUH UH THEY COULD HAVE CANCER OR A TAPE WORM

we squeeze our pussies real tight and pray to Gaia

Post abs

>he's strong
Isn't that the definition of strong though? Or does being high bfat negate Eddie halls 500kg deadlift?

Have you tried working abs?

L Sits + Diet = abs

I've got an L for you to sit on

I have yet to see a credible transformation out of pic related into aesthetics. I don't think the low p-ratio skinny-fat problem has been solved by the fitness community yet.

meant OP pic

We got it, retard.

Hey, I'm thinking of taking up swimming. How do you stop your hair stinking of chlorine though? Swimcap?

Shave it

Have you tried targeting anything else?

Congrats user your retardism is terminal

How many days a week do you target abs?

You need to target abs and do high weight/high rep lifting. Engaging in that much endurance cardio is raising your estrogen levels as well.

Well and the other part of that is that you'll never get to 6-8% body fat and 6'2 230 and not have abs. Doesn't matter if you didn't do 3 hours of crunches a week.

According to who.

You just have to keep going OP. It's really that simple. You can see that you're closer because that v-Adonis is beginning to show but you still got more fat to lose

Well for one, it's impossible to do the work necessary to get to those levels without exercising the abs indirectly. This spot reduction bullshit is for stupid fucks that fall for infomercials.

Lot of folks here who think the "body weight only home workout" they've come up with is going to make them look like Aquaman so they're totally dismissing that A. Heavy squats are a better ab exercise than crunches and B. ab appearance is 95% about genetics and lack of fat on top of them.

That's cool though, keep doing crunches all day and thinking that's going to do anything but cause back problems.

Swimming wont make ur abs show, do weighted ab workouts.