Tfw barbells make you gain muscle faster but you have to bench dumbells because no spot

>tfw barbells make you gain muscle faster but you have to bench dumbells because no spot

how do you even bench heavy with DBs with no rack or anything to hold them
I feel like you'd waste a like of effort just getting them into position

>Broscience for $1000, Alex

Use your legs to get them into position.

>tfw self-conscious about chads coming up and commenting on my form for barbell exercises so I avoid them

yea instead of commenting on your barbell form to your face, they just laugh at you among themselves about your form on everything else

Dumbbell bench is an objectively better mass builder.

This is how I do it

>barbells make you gain muscle faster

you have been brain washed by Veeky Forums

I do it like that too, and then sit up with them after the set, and imagine I am sneaking a little bit of core work in there mang. Also, I make those exact faces (cleft lip)

Holy shit my sides

I bench barbells in my lonely home-gym.
Don't fix the weights so you can do a roll of shame.

this. also use your legs to push the dumbells up

Barbell makes you gain faster only because progression is easier. If it was possible to microaument dumbells they would be superior in many ways. Even Rippletoe said that

Kek

Just take two sets of weights to the bench. I'm working up to dumbbell bench with 65s, I crank out as many reps as I can with 65s, the drop down to 55 or 60 and finish the set. Worked pretty well for me.

I prefer the possibility of death to motivate me to finish my set.

That's the only problem, I worked my way up to a 55lb DB bench, but now the DBs are going up by 5lbs instead of 2.5lbs. So progression wise I was thinking of working up to either 5x7, or 3x6 followed by 2x8 with 55s before moving onto 60lb comfortably. Thoughts?

dumbbells allow for a fuller contraction of the muscle. [pectorals' function is to bring arms across] In that sense dumbbells are better for muscular development.

Barbell's advantage is that there's less balancing and you use both arms so you can put a lot more weight on. More weight = more strength.

>he doesn't know how to roll