want to swim at the gym

> want to swim at the gym
> use the lap pool
> at first I'm scared of alligators but then I remember there are no alligators in my state that could crawl up a drain
> relief.jpg
> but then I think what if the pool opened up into this big bottomless pit with all sorts of scary fish monsters in it
> get scared and go to the kiddy pool (both are empty when I go)
I wish I was kidding guys. How do I get over this fear?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo57WKwg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was scuba diving in rough ocean at 11 years old
man up you fucking sea-shy pussies

>afraid of water
>yet he drinks it every day

How about you use your fucking eyes

I have the same phobia, sometimes I have the balls to go swim to the middle of a lake but often get anxiety and try to swim as fast as possible to the beach feeling that "it" is getting closer...
For a period I was able to not have fear swimming in a lake with a lot of alguas (scary), by going just a bit firther each time. But I lost it because of notvgoing in the winter.
My advice is get used to it, either with a friend or with alcohol/drugs at first.

Exposure therapy. Eat alligator burgers until you feel confident enough to do alligator barbecue. Work your way up to raw alligator. Then the next time you go swimming you will feel desire to see alligators so you fight them and eat one alive. Then alligators will be afraid to swim in pools because of you, user.

> be afraid of deep sea monster
> stop for a moment and think just how much oxygen and enormous amount of food they would need to survive
> realize entire fear is just retarded
damn bro

>Overcoming phobias: the autistic way.

Fuck it bro... I'm just gonna use the stairmaster lol

That looks cool as fuck

>OP difficulties swimming
>dude just get drunk and jump in the pool the fears will go away

Great idea faggot

Yeah, alligators are a bit of a pain. You wouldn't catch me swimming in a lake here in Florida. Although, I'm perfectly happy to surf and swim out into the ocean. No fear of sharks.

Same feeling, although my monther is responsible for mine

>be 5
>ask mom to tell a scary story
>5 children are playing on the street
>they see an abandoned house with a huge pool
>they enter it and jump on the pool
>pool is just huge and has a really deep spot in the middle of it
>everyone is afraid to go there
>cocky kid decides to swim to it
>ohno.jpg
>he stands there saying "see there is nothing here"
>girl decides to join him
>the rest of the crew is close to them, but one boy is fearful of that spot
>suddenly cocky kid gets pulled down really fast
>everyone panicks
>blood starts spreading through the water
>girl is next
>the last 3 surviving kids start swimming as fast as they can
>a megalodon is behind them and already ate the first two
>the giant pre-historical shark had swum to the pool by a giant pipe that came from the ocean to fill the pool
>everyone dies

Been scared to swim in deep pools till today

water gets spooky with DEPTH

>went to gym
>was a faggot

tl;dr

>'it' is getting closer

This spooks me so bad I get uncomfortable swimming across open water in video games, never mind for real.

Got me

You just gotta go and do it OP. Lakes and oceans give me mad anxiety and I even go scuba diving. The only to get rid of your fear is to face it.

Mfw boss man bout to catch the game on those flat screens

Gradual desensitization. Put yourself into a relaxed state (whatever makes you calm), and think about that scenario again. Keep doing this for a while, every couple of days or so. Then after that, introduce yourself to a body of water like a pool or kiddy pool, and try to relax. Make sure to be aware that there's nothing there and that you're ok. Now again, think about that shit that scares you, and when you start feeling panicked, look around in the pool and realize nothing is there.

Eventually, your fear will dissipate and you'll be at the very least, used to the thought. Best case scenario, you quickly develop resistance to the thought at all once you realize that it's just a public pool and all that's in there is other people's piss.

Here you go bro

youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo57WKwg

Why are man made objects in the water so scary.

t. my sister

All I got op, hope it helped.

Just take a speargun with you next time you swim

haha yeah nothing that big could survive at dept----

Not gonna lie, this is one of the fears in the back of my head.

That seems nice.

You would fucking shit yourself in open water.
This one time I saw a shark about a meter from my surfboard and got such a fright I almost fell on it.

OP is afraid that the gym pool is bottomless when hr can see the bottom of it?

straya?

OP here, I went swimming tonight and I just sang anime intros in my head and was fine.

this

looks like that mario 64 level

nigga you got the posts reversed

>Good luck getting any sleep tonight OP.

Not the same lad but my friend and I were at the beach last weekend and saw a shark coming towards us in the waves maybe 6 metres away. Was only 4feet or so long, so nothing to worry about but yeah shits common over here

> "it" is getting closer
I get this feeling when I'm in the dark. Like it's watching me. I never outgrew that fear.

Lmao

i recognize that gay blowjob

OP exposed

hey user the water well in the reservoir is jammed, how about you grab the scuba gear and go take a look?