What was your first experience with fitness and working out that made you want to become the bro you are today?

What was your first experience with fitness and working out that made you want to become the bro you are today?

i saw a big boy on tren and i wawnna look like that guy hes even bigger then my daddy ;_;

>muh blogpost
I was a twink my first year of high school and I felt like changing. So I took advanced P.E. my sophomore year. Fast forward to the last few weeks of school. I realized I basically wasted that year and then when school let out I had no way to really keep those gains and I regressed to a shit diet. Took advanced P.E 2 my junior year and wanted to go hard. I relearned the form for all my lifts (football coaches are terrible) and gained back all my muscle from that last year. I started that school year with a squat at 275 and ended it with 400. By the end of the year I was around the top ten in my high school on clean, bench, pp, and squat. I feel like I wasted that year too. I could've gotten a lot stronger, but I was just a little bitch. So now after every workout I look back on it and try to go harder the next time.

played sports and hit puberty late so I was small af, needed to get bigger and stronger so I started lifting. Now i'm alpha af

My girlfriend was eyeballing someone who was significantly more fit than me and I could tell she was getting less interested in me the fatter I got. Started coming to Veeky Forums and started off on SS. don't lift for her anymore but definitely helped the relationship

Lonely freshman in college, got kicked out of the dorms for drinking (someone narked on me, was a toxic group)

Living alone off-campus with an autistic chemistry major and a trust funder english major, neither wanted to hang out with me.

Start hitting the gym and this crowd basically adopted me. The roasting was constant, but i felt at home finally for the first time in a long time had some friends.

I spent like an hour a day, every day, with these kids challenging each other to get bigger and pick up heavier shit.

Now we're all dispersed and I miss my original lifting crowd. Same shit is happening in grad school where I for some reason have this fucking difficult time making friends, and I wish I could find my snarky irreverent gym crowd again. Don't think I'll ever have that moment, and am now easily the biggest dude at my fucking weak ass grad school gym by quite a bit.

Most people would find the humor and dialogue to be mean, to each other and to others, but I've never felt more comforted and at home in a crowd. Still chasing that high man. We had awesome nicknames for everyone at the gym we went to.

Nice job not doing the disturbingly common thing-
"I'm probably smarter than him"
"He's probably compensating for his tiny penis"
"I make more money than him"

All of these things are just ways your mind tries to feel better without physically moving your body in the world.

You made the correction in the real world. Very rare these days.

I always played sports but couldn't keep up with my peers around high school. Started playing more video games and hanging out with more nerdy types. They introduced me to /b/ back in 2008 and then in 2010 (I think?) someone posted in a thread there and said if you wanted to be alpha to go to Veeky Forums. Came to Veeky Forums then, found Zyzz as my inspiration, started lifting, been here ever since.

>my dad is very charismatic, he has a tendency to make friends wherever he goes
>takes me to the gym with him
>jokes with the receptionists, jokes with some regulars and we then head in to workout
>there was a female bodybuilder who came over and started shooting the shit and gave me some tips to help with my form
>she told me that when I grow up I'd be a hit with the ladies if I kept it up

Boy was she wrong

Kekerino

I thought Mike Haggar was awesome

My cousins and I were always kinda into fitness, just shooting the shit at the Y like kid stuff, didn't really get into lifting until I realized just running and doing calisthenics wasn't cutting it

>ex ended shit while she was on spring break in Amsterdam without a word
>start 30 day program so I can into gym
>spend the that summer alone, working, eating healthy and getting jacked
>this past year was a successful bulk and cut
>once in a blue moon she tries to reach out through social media or via friends but I ignore
>don't lift for her anymore but sometimes think of her when I need that extra spurt of rage during a big lift

lel

that's me right now. Except she now works at the same wagecuck place as I do so I have to still see her and "the guy she told me not to worry about." Definitely helps seeing her as a coworker to make me angry enough to workout but I'm glad I can forgive and forget to where I'm not actually being mean.

Multiple friends were convinced I jumped on a cycle because I exploded in size. Trust me the best feeling is when your ex sees you after you make those noob gains because you know they are going crazy on the inside

I took weight training in highschool. My teacher, a 60yo got me hooked on weight training. That fat fuck was a beast, he'd workout w/ students and would run miles and shit like that and would just workout w/ dumbells everyday.

>meet supreme beauty
>try to seduce her
>she giggles and is receptive
>try to invite her out to lead her to sex
>won't have any of my shit
>says that we should go running together
>say i don't exercise
>she repeats the offer at least 3 times more
>always decline
>3 months later
>think about her
>lose contact
>no woman can compare
>start lifting for her
>lift for her until this day
>i know the nigger runners maybe fucking her
>one day i'll get a better cute
>this better cute will invite me to run
>i will decline because i lift

literally lift for her

Went with a friend. Experienced the pump. Never looked back.

> be me
> beginning sophomore year HS 2004
> been scrawny all my life
> sucked at all sports
> ise to have inhaler for asthma
> take weight training for PE
> lift hard but don't pay attention to how I am filling out
>don't think I'm getting stronger but I push on still
> December 04 notice family notice my physique. I take my shirt off and I have pecs
>girls at school are noticing
>fuck yeah
>boost confidence
> set inhaler on fire because I was a delinquent and I didn't need it
>take weight training for the rest of HS
>college rolls around and I stop
>go back to lifting at 21
>27 been at the gym off and on since 21
> want to get abs but too poor to eat right
> trying to motivate myself to go 5 days a week
> gonna suck when I get a full time job because I can't go after a certain time for the local gym is always crowded after certain time.

>Watch Dragon Ball Z as a kid
>Always doing things like pull ups, explosive push ups and box jumps
>Get to high school and I've been working out but still no routine
>Girls all start miring me calling me ripped and buff
>Boosts my spirit and confidence
>Get onto a real routine
>Never looked back

Was cool always being known as the fit guy.

I started going to the gym; and dieting. Cause I became insecure when my Missionary Uncle said "oh, another pizza?"

My dad has a home gym and he's jacked, him and his gym inspired me.

Started because of a girl, ended up getting rejected eventually anyway. I'd like to think I lift for myself now but she's still in the back of my mind a lot.

My granddad would take me to his shitty little gym when I went to visit him as a kid. My best memories, desu. He lifted into his late eighties and only stopped about two months before he died. I’m sad he never got to see me get big.

Started lifting because slavshit whore ex left me, then a few months in forgot about her bitch ass and lifted solely to become Veeky Forums as fuark and improve myself to the point I become male perfection.
Then I snapped some shit up in an accident and had to stop lifting for a year. During that year I ate like shit, slept 3 hours a day and wagecucked really hard(job is programming), as a result earned a lot more at the expense of shit diet, shit body and minimal sleep. Now back in and I can't lift heavy like I did back then but I'm trying to fix my ways, restoring the sleep cycle, slowly decreasing the workload, fixing my posture, showering regularly, cooking good meals and all that.