First day at the gym yesterday and I couldn't even bench the 45 pound bar

First day at the gym yesterday and I couldn't even bench the 45 pound bar.

Lol fuck.... Keep trying bro, you could use some light weight Dumbbells to bench press, baby steps.

Do dumbbells. If you give up now you'll be a weak shit forever instead of a weak shit temporarily.

it happens. keep at it

This is why you're going to the gym isn't it? To get stronger? Keep at it, OP.

Start with the 15 pound bar. One step at a time user.

Dont listen to the guys above me OP

When you hit a 1 plate PR they will not be supportive anymore. You will be called a weakling that should kill themselves.

Been there done that.

keep going bro, i guarantee youll be able to bench weight in 2 weeks tops

Couldn't bench the what? Is this like that dumb Candlejack meme where you stop typing in the middle of your sentence? What did you bench?

bench press

Fuck this faggot, just do dumb bell presses with lighter weight. You'll be good to go in no time bro.

just keep at it brah

fuck man i apprenticed as a dog groomer for a year and the smell of expressing anals still haunts me to this day. exacerbated by the humid environment from all the baths. smells like rusty rotten chinese food

fucking faggots. if he cant even lift 45 pounds off his chest he needs to go see a doctor.

>he doesn't like niceposting
Found the manchild

Fuk u phaggot. He's gonna make it.

Typical cuck.

This. Whenever someone replies to 5+ people they may as well be saying "PLEASE GIVE ME (you)S I NEED THEM PLEAAAAAAASSSEEE!"

What did he bench though?

>First day at the gym yesterday and I couldn't even bench the

What the fuck did he mean by this?

Lol just don't count the bar bro, it's not part of the weight anyways.

You are Goku on King Kai's planet. Of course you can't do shit st first.

Had same shit with OHP, was just swinging the 25lbs bar a.k.a bitch bar until I can't lift my hand up, then added microplates. Now at 90lbs for 5 reps OHP only but it's still better than giving up.

I wish there was a version of Veeky Forums where pointless rudeposting wasn't allowed :(((

Bar doesn't count so why would you be able to lift it without any weight on it?

i was 160 lb when i started lifting in hs and it took me 1 year of consistent bulk and work to get a 1 plate bench. its weird but now if i stop working out my bench tends to not weaken much as my dl press and squat

Here lies the faggot who gave up and wants others to do the same so he doesn't feel bad

How much you weight?

w-woah

You aren't supposed to count the bar, retard. You couldn't lift anything?

Perfectly normal.

It is normal for some women to take a while to build up to benching a decent weight.
Relax, you are normal :-)

I remember the first time I went back to the gym after a year long break bro, I did an hour session of just straight chest with 60 lbs dumbbells and arms because the bench was taken.

By the time the gym's ONE bench opened up, my arms were so fucked yet I still wanted to try and see my bench, I load up lol 1pl8, can't even budge the bar. See some girl laughing at me in the corner of the gym, I throw 25 on, still can't budge it... Okay? I attempt the bar, doesnt move. I couldn't do the bar. Come back next week, get the bench, I start doing a bunch of incline/decline bench with 1 plate from the bat to get my strength back. Two weeks later i'm back at two plates, just keep at it bro.

He's right though. This means that OP is unable to do a single pushup (because we know he fucking weighs more than 45 lbs) and probably suffers from low test. A doctor would put him on TRT.

I can do 25 pushups

But you can't push the 45 lb bar up a single fucking time?

Mods. Delete this bait thread.

>benches Earth 25 times
>can't bench the bar

are you retarded
a push up is much easier than benching your bodyweight
even a pull up/chin up is much easier

I could lift it 6 times but that doesn't seem like it's good enough

>benching your body weight
>implying OP weighs fucking 45 pounds

read the comment I replied to
>This means that OP is unable to do a single pushup (because we know he fucking weighs more than 45 lbs)
this shit does not follow

It doesn't follow for you because you're a moron.

that's fine you silly billy. If you're just starting out do 5x5 for bench until you've moved on to higher weights. From then it depends if you want to keep training for strength or aesthetics. If strength keep on 5x5.

You’re not supposed to count the bar you fucking noob.

Look, here’s the deal. A brand new bar weighs 45 pounds, but here’s what happens. Over time the bar is used so much it loses metal and is thus reduced in weight. Ever time your hands grip the bar minute amounts of metal are removed. Over years you can imagine how much metal is lost. Of course the human eye cannot observe the loss, but it is significant enough to alter the bars gravitational signature. Therefore, the weight is again altered secondarily. More so, as time moves along the atoms in the bar’s metal are weakened as the covalent bonds holding them together lose energy. With that you have air molecules entering between the atoms which also contributes to the bars weight being reduced.

Here’s the equation:

>[E=3.14/ -sin 767 (s + k)/c] * 567(j-7).

Plug that in your calculator and you’ll see why we don’t count the bar.

You basically benched zero pounds. You should kys now before you pollute the gene pool.

>t. brainlet dyel

Bait. Theres no human being on this planet, perfectly functional, healthy and 14/15 yo+ that cant lift 45lbs with his arms above his chest.

>newfags think the candlejack meme is du

>being this stupid

It is retarded. How the fuck do you even post the comment if candlejack abducts you mid se

started taking my hungry skelly dyel friend to the gym recently and he failed at 55lb (managed 50) so I believe it's possible

Why can't he press the Post button just so he stays underco

This is one of the few times GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) works, you need to put on mass. Meaning, you need to EAT, a lot.

You couldn't bench the 45 lb bar, but did you go to one of the fixed weight bars like 20 and 30 lb and try to bench them?
You could also try 5 or 10 lb dumbbells.

push-ups will help you early on as well, since you are so skinny and weak. You can make it, you just need to keep at it; eat a lot, and be consistent with working out.

This. The bar is only used to support the actual weight you're lifting you don't actually lift the weight of the bar.

I know you posted this yourself dumbass, you have to actually say Candlejack for him to

i call horse shit on this. you dont go from not even moving the bar to two plates in two weeks. I TOOK THE BAIT

Thats not what you said you ass clown.

Benching 45lbs 6 times is much different then none at all.

We all started from somewhere you stupid fuck now get back to the gym wtf

Lol sucks for your shitty genetics bro I'm at 200 lb 3x5 after my first 2 months at 165 bodyweight

You can do it.

First day in the gym i failed 5x5 bench press just the bar.

Today I hit 65kg.

Just keep at it, make sure to eat at a slight excess and get your protein. We're all gonna make it.

only like 50% of bodyweight is used in a push up and it's not even the same movement.

>What is different leverages

Are you 12 OP? Who the fuck can't bench a bar?

if someone had a gun to your head you'd be able to lift it

start taking your gains more seriously

I dont think he would, nor would he have the grip strength to even pull the trigger if he was the one holding it

45lbs x 6 reps is the same as 270 lbs x 1 rep. Come at me dyel.

just keep doing it until you get better OP. when i first went i was doing the bar poorly and then in a while i was doing 65kg for reps. you get stronger, just be dedicated, focused, and make sure you are doing the exercise properly and safely.

I couldnt bench 45 bar too when I started.

1.5 years in now I can bench 275 for 1

it's called r/fitness

well gee it looks like everyone except you is gonna make it.

and what if you're fat fuck?

oh, that's different. yeah nah, you're fine senpai. just add a couple 2.5s next time and g for 5x5. then again. and again. soo enough you'll be benching in the 150 range, which is good for someone who has only been at it for like a month.

then you need to diet

but i want to grow

good news. your body has so much excess energy stored that you can make gains even while cutting. this is even more true if you've never lifted before. your beginner gains will easily take you to 1/2/3/4 on a cut in a year if you're 100lbs overweight

are you a girl? or 8 years old?

>being so autistic with ''you don't count the bar'' that you can't even read it when someone discusses it.

You have a special kind of disability.

WERE YOU EXPECTING TO BENCH 3 PLATES ON DAY ONE?

And why do we hate it again?

(((we))) don't. reddit is a very useful site.

We all struggled at first, now a month later i can bench press 40 kilos.

>counting the bar

cool, 1st day i benched 20kg and 4 months later i benched 30 kilos. FFS

>can bench 60lb dumbbells
>can't bench empty bar
>two weeks later benches 2pl8

And i thought i was weak as fucking benching 225x5

this post cannot be surpassed in this thead

do you have your nanny drive you to the gym? do they even allow 3 year old kids to lift? kidding, just kidding, lift what you can then lift a little more, unless there really is a chance that you need a doc, if so, go see one, i recommend Indian females, they're gentle

Checked
But how much weight did you lose in those 4 months? My bench went from 20kg to 40kg in 4 months, but I lost 15kg in that time also

How insecure can you be

wow you must feel really good about yourself now that after all this time you eventually found someone who benches less than you

It's so low that that it might aswell be zero

It took me all summer to be able to lift 45 pounds, git gud lmao

Are you a 10 year old girl? What the fuck?

Also, bait

OP how tiny are you?

6'2 145

Oh, use a wider grip than manlets tell you to... it needs to feel comfortable. Longer arms make bench more challenging if you're putting your first finger or middle finger in the markers.

lmao i benched 145 on my first gym session. btfo musclelets

I started lifting about 3 months ago and I struggled with the olympic bar my first day too.

10 weeks later I could bench one plate.

You'll get there. Just focus on form, breathing, and doing as many reps 3x as you can. Once you can do 3x12 without any strain, add more weight on so you can't really finish your 3x12.

The real fun was when 3x12 doesn't feel good any more, so you stack on a bunch of weight and go 3x5.

But you can make it. Your body literally has no option except to grow if you keep working out, eating more, and adding weight to the bar.