Abnormally high resting heart rate?

Resting heart rate is sitting at 100 bang on. I'm not exactly fat and as far as Im aware I can still run about 2 miles pretty fast before I run out of breath. Grandpa had a heart attack but probs smoking not family history. How can I lower it to something like 60-70 bmp?

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/medical/sympathicotonia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I'm not exactly fat
Let me guess, you’re american?

Post weight, height, and your "pretty fast mile" time, fatty.

this

Mine is 44. Do cardio.

Australian
6 feet bang on
67kg (150 pounds)
Fastest kilometre (10/18th of a mile): 2 minutes 44 seconds but fucked at the end
Average 3km time (about 2 miles): 16 minutes 13 seconds paced (across various terrain and one fuck-off big steep hill)

You're not getting an honest to god resting heart rate unless you test it right when you wake up. My resting HR is

I hope so. I tested this while stopped at red lights driving home from school (I'm in Y12 (18 yo), could stress from the massive workload be contributing or nah) and again when I got home. It was 100 bang on when I was in my car and 95 lying down at home.

Next time you wake up from an actually sleep, give it a test. You don't need a watch or anything, just estimate if it's close to one beat per second.

those are good times mate

Heart rate depends on each individual. There is no standard for heart rate that is correct.

Not really. It's a pretty good indicator of cardiovascular health. The "standard" is pretty much lower=healthier.

Yea like I said I'm not exactly unhealthy physically or mentally but its still what seems to be the high end of the heart rate spectrum. I don't go to the gym but I run or ride at least 1-2 times per week and the suburb I live in is hilly as fuck so yea. Maybe its just genetics.

Do it first thing when you wake up. Plenty of other things have impacts on heart rate. Ironically enough, being concerned about heart rate means that when you go to take it, the fear that it'll be high can drive it higher.

Take it lying down in bed when you're relaxed. If even then it's still pretty high, run it past your GP just to be on the safe side.

it's either you aren't training hard enough, diet, or just genetics. try HIIT and post your diet here

I can only barely beat 4 minutes for the KM but my resting heartrate is 50 wtf

Also, I have the same problem but I never managed to hit bellow 3:30 on 1km or bellow 23mins on 5kms (but I always biked a LOT) so I thought that I might just not be fit enough

also My max HR would easily go into 195-200 during max intensity and I'm already 25 years old

There is also this condition called sympathicotonia, and IIRC there might be a chance that some people naturally have tendency to more prevalent sympathicus (higher HR, higher pressure) and those with more prevalent vagotonus. merriam-webster.com/medical/sympathicotonia

Shit thats supposed to be 3 minutes 44sec, not 2 min, lol im not an olympic athlete. World record is like 2:11

6ft and 67kg
M8 you need to eat more. Dont eat enough and your body has to get calories from somewhere, be it stored fat or muscle. Guess what, heart is a muscle too.

I mean, it's possible, though there's also plenty of other potential reasons as to why you didn't get below those numbers. At 25 the estimate for your max HR sits at around 190.5, if you're consistently exceeding that, I'd maybe speak to your GP.

Sure, some people are genetically inclined to it, higher sympathetic stimulation etc. There might be other factors too, as long as you've run it past a doc, and you're not excessively high in pressure or getting any kind of angina, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Particularly intense exercise can prompt cardiac hypertrophy, which can actually reduce ventricle size due to the greater thickness of the cardiac muscle. Not saying that's necessarily the cause here. I do remember reading something that suggested a lower heart rate activity, for a longer duration of time, may help to increase ventricle capacity, though I don't have a reputable source on hand for that. Might be worth considering if you're curious

resting BPM @ 85ish reporting in
it's genetics mate, you might have Tachycardia, go see a doc (cardiologist)

>There might be other factors too, as long as you've run it past a doc, and you're not excessively high in pressure or getting any kind of angina, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

no issues never

also My younger bro is pro athlete and he's having high numbers aswell

Was like you OP. Do 5km running 2-3 times a week

My heart rate has dropped to 58bpm

That's weird, you sure you measured your heart rate correctly? Athletes usually have low resting heart rates. You could be either malnourished, or have an arrhythmia. Is your heart rate regular (does each beat last three same duration)? Get your heart checked, an EKG or something.

>denied donating blood because of heart rate
Certainly you jest. Your heart rate must've been in the 160s or something to get denied. Tachycardia (high heart rate) is a symptom of internal bleeding or low blood count.
>not being able to control heart rate
You must've been REALLY nervous not to be able to control your heart rate. You afraid of needles user? Get a pulse oximeter, try breathing exercises, it's pretty easy to control heart rate.