Should chin ups,pull ups and push ups be mandatory in every workout?

Should chin ups,pull ups and push ups be mandatory in every workout?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/pull-ups-vs-chin-ups
researchgate.net/publication/271629287_The_Effect_of_Grip_Width_and_Hand_Orientation_on_Muscle_Activity_During_Pull-ups_and_the_Lat_Pull-down/amp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

I'm still too much a fuckin overweight cunt for these.

Back off kid! He's mine!

*blocks your path*

being able to pull yourself up is a very functional asset to have. I do them 3 times a week

the weighted versions of those are great if you can do them

no point in doing more than 12 reps on either of those, especially pushups which a lot of people like to do a gazillion half reps of

can do more than 12 reps? ok time to do weighted son

Lat pulldown>pull ups

Is it dangerous to do these after your routine workout out your entire upper body?
When would be the most opportune time to do these?

"I'm going to teach you a lesson in pain, kid!"

I got mine about a month ago. I have been using them for my workouts at home, but i can only do like 4, and that's not a full stretch down. It's with a bent arm. Do i just need to keep going to be able to do it, or are there other exercies that can help?

are you stupid why wouldnt you include them in your workout

pushups with proper form are great bench accessory
chins/pull ups are great lat movements also great for the biceps

reminder that every bodybuilder in arnolds era did these

I don't have a belt to add weight so i do them at the end of my workout. that way i'll only be able to do 8-10 even with no weight added

put a dumbell between your legs and do em that way

How many sets?

No

listen up im not gonna keep repeating myselfso heres what you need to do

1. use proper form; full stretch down(doesnt have to be paused) and full pull to the top. if chin ups touch the bar with your chest if pullup until about your chin is equal height with the bar
2. you need more volume, doing 4 total reps wont do shit progress wise
3. well how do you do more volume? ill tell you in a very simple way, simply do more total reps every time. You just did 4 in one go this time? Next time do 2 sets of 3, now you got 6 total reps. See where im going? work up to ~30 over time, i would say do it 3 times a week if you want fast progress

Either chin-ups or pull-ups

push ups, not normally, but they can be an accessory in some cases

I have 4 pins holding my shoulder together after fucking my rotator cuff so I have fairly restricted movement with it like for example I can only do front squats because I my arm literally can't go far back enough to hold the bar if it's on my back behind my neck

Would attempting to do pull ups put me in hospital and waste the thousands of dollars I spend on my surgery?

after you can do 12 reps unweighted comfortably, add a little weight 5-10 pounds or so

Heres a simple progression. Now the key detail is you need to add a little weight every single time
1. start doing 3x10
2. if 3x10 gets too hard and you cant get all the reps do 4x8
3. if 4x8 gets too hard do 5x6
4. rest 2-5 min
5. make sure you dont cheat on form to get the reps; remember youre just cheating yourself out of gains

this is high volume and if you do it 2-3 times a week and if you progress in weights youll get a lot of gains.

what kind of ape is this?

no, but they should be done often. youdo them in every workout if you want to prioritize it.

Ask your surgeon, moron.

how can anyone have this opinion, lat pulldowns feel like complete shit

why do push ups when you could do dips?

why do dips when you can bench?

Being a fat fuck who can't pull his own weight

Why do one when you could do all three?

i've been there before, but i still thought lat pulldowns felt like complete shit

thank god i can do pullups instead now

They both give different muscles a workout though

Yes. If you can't control your own body weight you are a weak cunt.

What do Geese have against dogs?

I always feel the lat pull down in my lats more than pull ups. I always just body weight pull ups to warm up for lat pull down, even though I know it should probably be the opposite.

You can never get too strong for bodyweight pullups.

I do sets of 10 with 30kg on the belt but can still get a good workout by doing controlled bodyweight ones.

jesus, whats the story with this?

Talking shit like I wouldn't find out.

Awful pet owners don’t train their dogs to be social

No they don't.

Yes they do. Chins are bicep intensive. Pulls are lat intensive. They both get worked in either, but to varying degrees

Did he ok?

Yes, I also curl my bodyweight.

I never said strict, I said intensive. Your biceps lift more weight gain your lats in a chin, and vice versa with pulls. Doesn’t mean they’re the only muscle being used. Stop being a cunt when you know you’re wrong.

vegans get btfo. put this in every vegan thread about muh animal torture

do you do weighted pullups with same added weight as chinups you fucking retard

Are you actually struggling to understand this? If so just let me know and I can dumb it down for you.

They work the lats the same you mong, the difference is in bicep/forearm/whatever activation, not lats. Grip width is more important for that matter.

That’s literally not true at all

Weighted chinups on back+biceps day. Maybe grease the groove some unweighted chinups on your off days.

>Source: my ass

One dog is poorly raised and it's predator drive gets triggered. The other dog was failed by artificial selection.

You have the same amount of force acting towards the ground. It takes the same amount of counter force to pull you upwards. If you switch to a grip that allows you to exert more force with your arms, then you're exerting a smaller amount of force with your back.

the weak should fear the stronger

t-nation.com/training/pull-ups-vs-chin-ups

An actual source disagrees

Nice bro science though

That's not an actual source but I'd love to see one. They allude to some but didn't post them for some reason.

Meanwhile, this ACTUAL actual source says otherwise. Though there's not a lot on the subject that I can find.

researchgate.net/publication/271629287_The_Effect_of_Grip_Width_and_Hand_Orientation_on_Muscle_Activity_During_Pull-ups_and_the_Lat_Pull-down/amp

For some reason, when i do chin/pull ups, I tense my head really hard and get a headache. Can anyone relate?