Becoming fit destroys your mental state

Discuss.

No it doesnt

No. And no (you) for you.

God you underaged posters are so easy to spot.

I think you have to make the initial argument seeing as there is no obvious link between the 2

If you can’t tell that’s a 15 yo trying to be funny...

i'll make the argument then.
Being fit on Veeky Forums implies training for bodybuilding whether your natty or not (unless you are the 1% who actually only trains for strength)
The pursuit of muscle only for the sake of gaining muscle...
>people are rarely satisfied with how big they get and are constantly disappointed and are body dysmorphic
>temptation of steroids which can clearly have very bad social and psychological consequences
>exposure to bro-gym culture. (hyper-obsessed with looks, and unhealthy relationships with women)
>distraction from more important things in life such as career, stable and happy relationships and improving the world in any way you can
>similarly you start to get your self-worth from how you look in shop windows
>become very judgemental of normal, happy people who don't lift.
I could probably go on.

Anyone of you genuinly happy?

I finally see my life begin to spiral out of control and am able to grab control again and live the life I want
Veeky Forums taught me that

Wrong. I go to the gym to improve my mental state, naturally releasing dopamine etc. Muscles are the reward and not the point.

I'd say you hit it on the head for the most part. I wouldn't say those things happen to everyone, but those negative aspects are ever present. Big take away is that you shouldn't let the gym or your body be the only thing holding your identiy together.

>Discuss.
What did he mean by this?

>not necessarily bad
>true
>bullshit
>bullshit
>only if you let it
>bullshit

This is from personal experience though

>I want you all to entertain me. Here is a topic!
I hate shitposters who types a shitty word and pretrend it's a thread start. Why isn't that fucker perma-banned? /sage

Nah, can't be worse than it was.

Happy is a dull and the wrong word to describe feelings about your life. Soemthing can make you happy, but being happy implies that your whole life is continuingly increasing in things that make you happy. For example. If walking outside to a sunny day make you happy. After 1000 days of walking outside to a sunny day would that make you happy just as much as it did the first time? Probably not, it gains a sense of normativity.

Don’t aim for happiness in life. Enjoy and love through the happy moments, but realize happiness is special because of life’s dull or sad moments. Aim for investment in your life, interested in yourself and your goals. Be happy when you achieve them, but realize the road is long and hard. Aim to make yourself worthy of this existence, of this amazing phenomenon called life. Because aiming for happiness is a deadend and a fruitless endeavor that will constantly leave you searching for something that you’ll never find.

kek
If I want to I could concentrate for a few seconds and enjoy sex/food/PR's/...

Not yet, but I'm definitely closer now that I actually workout than I was about a year ago when I didn't.

Not at the moment, but I am more often than I was before I got fit. Nobody is happy all the time, unless they are mentally ill or deluded. What I am is more focused, more confident and more successful in all aspects of my life which in turn causes more frequent bouts of happiness

No.

What is dead can never die

Hi /tv/

Not in a few years.

No. That's masturbation.

False

I'm happy to say I'm proof to the contrary. The only issue is that I don't feel powerless anymore and one of these days I'm gonna end up killing or dying.

>one of these days I'm gonna end up killing or dying
Sounds perfectly sane to me.

That’s my main issue with this board. Everyone here focuses solely on weight training.

Yes I am having a great year user. Still fat though

The pursuit of happiness is a farce.

Pursue redemption. You will experience the good times, and know how to continue to operate as an useful member of society when the bad times come.

The problem is that most people expect the gym and getting in shape to be a catch-all cure to every single issue. What they don't realize is that a lot of issues with insecurity and whatnot are much more deeply rooted than in your appearance. It took a lot of introspection to become happy with who I am, regardless of what shape I'm in.

I've started to see this in myself. I don't even bother pursue friends or women anymore, people are just a distraction from more gains.

I'm sick and goddamn tired of assholes who listen to loud shitty music in the trains and parks, gypsies shitting in the street like dogs, graffiti bastard "artists" making the neighbourhoud depressing, and hipster faggots telling me that all this is good and enriching.

Agreed. It’s important to keep in mind that most people on this board are young and still in college and therefore have plenty of time for the gym since they’re only going to class and maybe working part-time.

>>people are rarely satisfied with how big they get and are constantly disappointed and are body dysmorphic
Not everybody experiences that. This can easily be fixed by not spending most of your free time on bodybuilding forums looking at freaks of nature skewing your view of reality.
>>temptation of steroids which can clearly have very bad social and psychological consequences
Stay natty
>>exposure to bro-gym culture. (hyper-obsessed with looks, and unhealthy relationships with women)
Going to the gym doesn't mean you have to socialize there or adopt it's 'culture'. Also define 'unhealthy relationships', because most of the time that just means 'doesn't take shit from women'.
>>distraction from more important things in life such as career, stable and happy relationships and improving the world in any way you can
This is all 100% subjective.
>>similarly you start to get your self-worth from how you look in shop windows
Everybody bases their self worth on their appearance to some degree.
>>become very judgemental of normal, happy people who don't lift.
You're automatically assuming that people who lift are not 'normal, happy people', and being judgemental is not inherently a bad thing, IE we judge people who we deem as immoral (criminals, pedophiles).

Most of this list comes from an obsession with lifting, rather than lifting itself. Going to the gym for a few hours a week won't necessarily make you a narcissistic meathead.

What destroys your mental state is having magic Veeky Forumspill expectations.
>One year at the gym and I'll be single digit bf% Greek God mode, pull all the high school bitches, be confident and successful at work, have a great jawline and stand a couple cms taller
People who got Veeky Forums just because they like to run, sweat and move heavy metal shit are in a pretty good mental place generally

I'm going to be sad, angry and miserable regardless of whatever happens to myself. Might as well look and be better than others and look down upon them and feel avenged for all the times I've been victimized.

Same, sometimes I can just stop, look at the sky and feel bliss.

On the whole? Yes definitely, we all have our days where something doesn't go our way and we get frustrated but I haven't gone to sleep angry in years.
I've had a lot of humbling experiences that definitely helped me get to where I am and realize that worrying to much about what you can't control or can't change only harms you.
No meme, meditating or even just taking a minute to breathe and think through all of the possible courses of actions to rectify a shitty situation genuinely helps.

On the whole. Life isn't perfect, and the key to happiness is remembering this fact and managing your expectations. Happiness is simply dissatisfaction, and dissatisfaction is a mindset that can't be broken, no matter how much you get.

>tfw will never be tall
>tfw will never see that smile

It's just such B.S. on so many levels it's not even really worth my time to debunk this.

If you make becoming fit your MAIN goal over everything else in your life, and you think it's going to be your SILVER BULLET for all your problems, then yes, it can be unhealthy. But adding a workout routine to your schedule and maintaining this over time and tracking results can ONLY be good for your mental health.
It's good for your body, and its good for your mind to see its goals manifesting themselves in the real world. It builds self confidence. These statements are axiomatic for me.

Serene trips bruddeh

good post

Good point about what makes happiness special, very good insight. You sound like you have a healthy worldview.
"Gotta have opposites, light and dark and dark and light, in painting. It’s like in life. Gotta have a little sadness once in awhile so you know when the good times come. I'm waiting on the good times now."

Does being fit makes you taller? Inb4 fixed posture