Doing nsuns? :)

>tfw scared to go to 0.5 pl8 mark
I can do 5 reps of 0.375pl8 easy but I'm afraid of injury

What if the bar falls on my head

post delts fatty

>Switched from SS to a PPL program
>Incredibly weak at all the accessories to the OHP

I guess they'll help, right?

Easily my favorite lift. Fuck squats and deadlifts.

>lying skullcrushers

tells the truth.

put the pussy pad on it

I found a new way to cheat. Like not with your legs but bouncing the bar once up and down before getting it up past the chin. Is this tolerable?

Kneeling landmine press

Enjoy your incredible upper chest and ohp gains

>T. A guy who was stuck at 135x5 for 7 months and in just 1.5 month has hit 150x5 and 140x6 multiple times at a bodyweight of 190

How the fuck could it fall on your head? Don't suicide grip and the worst thing that can happen is you hitting yourself in the nose

Is it bad to do OHP with dumbbells instead?

I've progressed to doing 60 lbs in each arm. I'm standing when I do them of course.

If I get to 70 lbs, then that's basically 1 plate right? but since it's harder when it's dumbbells, I get even more credit.

A wrist injury means one of my wrists is less flexible then the other and poorly aligned so I spend more time balancing the barbell then actually pressing. Using dumbbells has made it a lot easier.

I mean... it's cheating

By giving the bar momentum to reduce it's weight, you are reducing the resistance in your resistance exercise

As long as you are slow on the eccentric it shouldn't matter too much, but preferable to that would be strict pressing the bar and as an accessory doing push press with slow eccentrics

You press too far forward
The bar should travel in as straight as possible a path vertically above your midfoot

Navigate the face then press OVER your HEAD

>What if the bar falls on my head
You never french pressed, right? That's the real shit.

>0.375pl8
Stop. We don't do that

Usually progress on all lifts is slower with dumbbells because of increased stabilizer recruitment, and typically bigger jumps in weight
(Unless your gym has 62.5lb dumbbell)

Since gains are all about progressive overload, and dummbbells tend to inhibit potential progress.... it's not optimal.

You can still make gains to be sure

35kg basically

Blame bar-doesn't-count memeboys.

Lol gains are not all about overload, not in the short term. So you think your muscles are counting the weight and can tell the difference between 135 and 140? That's dumb. Gains are about metabolic stress and tension on the muscles, over a long time you need to increase weight or reps to achieve that, but not in the short term

>What if the bar falls on my head

I’m sure nothing of value will be lost, except a quality bar.

Thanks, brainiac. I too have learned calculus

It has nothing to do with that (great) meme. You could still just as well say 15 kg added

Ha!

I've been stuck at 75 lb x 5 OHP for over a month now. Kill me now

V O L U M E
O
L
U
M
E

also: bitchboy

Try different rep ranges. Try to improve your 3rm or 1rm plus do some say 65x8 reps on chest day or whatever as an accessory. Arnold press helped me out a lot as well. If you've been stuck for months, than even something like 5/3/1 progression for just ohp could get you more progress.

How frequently do you guys up weight?
I was stuck on 35kg barbell overhead press for around 3-4 weeks before finally being able to do 40kg for reps.
I'm still on noob gains (6 months of working out) so I tend to up weight by the next available amount every 2 weeks normally.

>tfw stuck in that 115-125 working weight limbo for OHP
>can do a cheaty rep or two of 1pl8

It's so close I can taste it brehs. I just need that 1pl8 strict. What are some good OHP accessories other than DB, bench and incline?

Also more specifically what are some good exercises to make moving the bar from the dead stop position in strict easier? I rarely have issues locking out but getting the bar from top of my shoulder height to chin/mid face is the toughest part.

Guys

I want to do ohp, I'm fine with doing squats and everything, but I can't lift the goddamn bar above my head. I think I just don't have those muscles.

What are some exercises that train the muscles for ohp but don't involve near killing yourself with a bar?

I've been working out for about the same time (6 months) and I up weight every 3 workouts. I do a 6 day PPL though. I wait until I can get a full set of 5x5 or 3x5 or whatever I set the rep ranges for a particular exercises and move the weight one I hit that easily.

I'd just start with dumbbells so you don't look ridiculous. Do it sitting if you have to. You can do more weight when you're sitting.

When my 1rm test at the end of a cycle is higher than it previously was

The best OHP accessories are Push press, Clean and jerk and Heavy 3-5 reps front raises with as much as you can for 3-5 reps

I went from 55kg 1rm to 70kg 1rm in the span of 2 months with doing clean and jerks and snatches.

My neck hurts when I do it the rippletits' way (lean back and snap back when the bar clears the forehead), what am I doing wrong?

That's what I've done last time
7.5kg dumbbells in each hand and I sat down. I barely managed to do 5x5

You're doing it Rippletits way

Wait no. 1 pl8 is 135 lbs or 60 kg. 0.375pls8 = 50 lbs

>bench press

Well then just keep doing that. Do it twice a week with some dips and shrugs and it'll eventually get easier. Then up the weight. Everyone's got to start somewhere user. When I first went to the gym I was exhausted squatting the bar 5x5. Now I'm almost at 3pl8.

135 - 45= 90
45 + 90*0.375 = 45 + ~34 = 79lbs = 36 kg

I OHPed with dumbbells for about a year before leaving Planet Fitness for a proper gym. Absolutely nothing wrong with doing this.

You shouldn't ever be pushing enough for you to catastrophically fail unless you're competing. At worst an OHP fail should just be it slowly lowering to your chest.

>my ohp is closest to hitting 1/2/3/4 out of all my lifts

50kg represent

post your routine then big guy.

>tfw 155/250/275/320 x5

Lower body is shit

50/65/90/110 (kg) myself

Wow aren't you a cool kid huh?

This, OHP is king

Yeah OHP is 10/10

>tfw bench the same as I squat (2pl8)
why did i have to skip legs when I started bros?

>look in mirror for form while ohp
>notice neck look skinny as fuck while doing it
>can only focus on my pencil neck now
t-t-thanks Veeky Forums

>Can 3x5 my PR OHP easily without breaking a sweat.
>Add 2.5lbs to each side and can barely do 2 reps.