How bad are energy drinks?

How bad are energy drinks/coffee?

>in college and have no energy, motivation
>affraid of using stims like energy drinks, coffee cus of health deterioration, look deterioration, brain deterioration, like with any stims.

What do you guys suggests?

Should I just gulp down gallons of water?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bVsJYt0Y4X4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop being a pussyfaggot and take sips nigger. Before your workouts take sips and play the nattyking theme to hit PRs.

youtube.com/watch?v=bVsJYt0Y4X4

Caffeine is actually healthy for you, providing you don't go overboard with the amounts, of course.
You should mainly drink water, though, yes. And when you're bulking, milk.

I'm starting to think SIPS aren't very good for you. I recently replaced my regular Monster Ultra with MIO energy. Even though I'm getting the same caffeine content, I feel mentally slow. There's something else in those sips that keeps people addicted.

I'm pretty sure standard soft drinks fuck with your dick. Idk the science behind it but I stopped drinking them for a couple weeks because £££ and there did seem to be a change. Last few days I started again and that change has gone, so think I'm going to stop again.

I drink at least 6 cups of coffee a day and have had no side effect. 4 sip/coffees a day will have no side effects for you.

these drinks will fuck you up, you won't notice it until you have been drinking them regularly but they will fuck you up, don't drink these fucking things they will fuck you up and your mind they will cause you to think in ways you shouldn't if you even think coherently at all its why they do this but don't drink these things in excess and by excess I mean one a day or even 4 a week, just don't trust me

You sound incredibly unreliable when you type like a 6th grader, seriously.

Caffeine's actually good for you. Even better if you mix it with non-dutched cacao

Shit, sorry. It's cocoa, not cacao. Just mix it with dark chocolate basically

Kakao wa?

this

Not too bad if you have them once every now and then.

But if all you do is sit on your ass all day and workout for a couple of hours, why the fuck would you drink them? Your caffeine tolerance goes up and the next time you need an energy boost you're gonna have to down twice the amount to get the same effects.

As for the non-diet types, its sugar packets on carbonated water. Need I say more? Enjoy increasing your insulin tolerance in one of the dumbest ways possible.

The only people who should be drinking these are high performance athletes that expend lots of calories in their training sessions. But for some reason these companies find it morally acceptable to market their shit to basement dwellers and gamers, which are seldom the most active people around.

>this is the guy giving you fitness advice

You are aware that they don't actually provide and energy boost?
They are a drug for your brain and as such perfectly suitable for people that have to solve mental tasks and need to focus.

Yes, look how well it helped him

I was using energy colloquially. Obviously they don't "increase" your energy, they just make you feel less fatigued.

And yes, you can use them for those purposes too but in op's case I would say he should start with something milder since he doesn't even drink coffee.

>his right

You literally putting nothing but water mixed with chemicals in your body. What do you think?

Stuff is nasty. People end up in the ER with tachycardia from that shit all the time. Knew a guy who used to drink 4 monsters a day to stay up for work, ended up having a seizure on the job. Stay away from that poison.

>just don't trust me
Ok :)

It's also the massive amounts of sugar in the majority of energy drinks. That and all the chemicals. Gnarly stuff.
Perhaps try a mellow pre-workout like Legion Pulse. Worked great for me, was easily able to stop drinking a Redbull (or 1/2 a Redline) prior to working out. Better gains too.

>all the chemicals
Thanks Mom. Everything is chemicals

Do sips not work for anyone else? Whenever I take them I don't feel any energy at all, in fact I took one a few hours ago and about 10 minutes after I just fell asleep.

Woke up about 2 hours later feeling energetic, fuck this shit it doesn't do anything but make me feel even more exhausted.