5/3/1 Thread

What is your favourite template? Any advice?

My favourite is Full body, full boring from beyond.

Should I recommend 5/3/1 to my friend? He's a beginner lifter but I know Wendell says any training age should do it.

Probably going to start a new full body full boring on Monday but drop bench and add OHP.

nSuns

>Following a routine made by a DYEL Redditor

>obsessing over arbitrary numbers
As if your muscles count the reps you do every workout. you guys are beyond redemption

It works.

>Falling for the 'everything on reddit is bad' meme

you know what works as well? Consistency, eating, sleeping, and progressive overload.
And you know what not so much? Autistically sorting every single object, person, or concept into arbitrary categories in order to cope with the complexities of this world

>implying nSuns 531 doesn't have consistency or progressive overload just because he apparently autistacally thought of 50 differenr types of progressive overload

gr8 job there m8

Interesting point. To me, a program is mostly a fatigue schedule though. Just doing random shit will usually result in recovery being too short or unnecessarily long, thus making the training less efficient.
Fully agree with the "perfect program hunt" being stupid though. At least it keeps us changing things up and thats certainly not bad.

not the user you replied to, no idea what suns
is. but you need to get a grip

BBB

The purpose of routine threads isn't to shill what program is better than others, it's for information, advice and curiosity. That's why OP asked "what's your favorite" instead of "what's the best"

This

5/3/1, you can do higher progression rates on your training max as a beginner. i.e. 20lb squat, dl, 10-15lb bench, press

Base 5/3/1 sets with BBB or FSL and Jokers depending on the lift and how I feel that day. The assistance I do bodybuilding style.

Classic

You mean swap out all bench days or just some?

Go back

>autistacally thought of 50 differenr types of progressive overload
>durrrr just do 10 sets of everything :v)

He's a random ass, unsuccessful lifter. The only person less qualified to give advice is someone who has no affiliation with lifting whatsoever. Forget the multitude of world record holding coaches with degrees and decades of experience in programming, let's listen to that dyel in the gym who regularly posts on a subreddit plagued by people who know precisely nothing about lifting.

>531
Suboptimal for anyone half serious. Just do RP

what the fuck does ron perl have to do with lifting

What is rp

bump

What is RP?

I do PPLPPLX with 5 3 1 progression scheme on my main lifts. I also treat Barbell Rows and lat Pulldowns as a main lift on the back day. I do 5x10 with the opposite lift (so BBB but with the other upper/lower body excercise, example: bench 5/3/1 - OHP 5x10

Yeah buddy, fucking same.
Swapped out squat day for Rack pulls and rows and making gainz like cray

r u me

not that user but renaissance periodisation I suspect. Juggernaught Training methodology.

Jacked & Tan 2.0

I'm doing BBB alternating lifts and joker sets, I went from not being able to squat 120kg two months ago to squatting 135kg yesterday, and probably could have done it with more weight, because this was done on joker sets after hitting a PR.

building the monolith

Renaissance periodization.

do you have to be on test to do that?

No, but you have to eat 12 eggs and 1.5 lbs of beef everyday for the program to work according to wendler

He also said that he's the last person you should be taking diet advice from

True, but it's his program