Smoke

Who else /never had a chance/ ?

Any smokers / ex-smokers have any stories about body looks before / after quitting? Any vaping success stories?

my body looked way cooler befor i quit....having a smoke just made me completely badass.....now im just a chad

i quit for dip

Sorry to break it to you, but nobody thinks smoking is cool

99% certain he was just memeing

basically turn my life around by quiting. it was cold turkey, started running. lost 50 pound quickly. started dating again. beautiful girls too.

i quit because i genuinely started to dislike the taste of it, if you don't dislike doing it- it's going to be hell trying to quit
oops

I hate the taste and smell and cant go a single cigarette without rinsing my mouth and washing my hands. Besides making me weaker I strongly believe over the 10 years I've been doing it that not only is it obviously wrecking the inside of my body, but also destroying my outward appearance. My body looks like a toxic waste dump

it's never too late

>Decided to quit smoking
>Try vaping
>Fail, not enough like cigarettes
>Try cold turkey
>Fail, almost punched a coworker
>Try Snus
>eyyyy bruh

At least once a month or so I'll grab another pouch, which is better than smoking 2 packs of day, so I'm not complaining.

Bonus is getting to use snus while you're at the gym

>smoking is still used in entertainment to signify badasses and cool people

Took me like 8 tries until I finally had the eureka moment of really WANTING to quit after like 10 years. I've lost alot of weight since then and look way better(still like shit though).

I'm sure i'd have been better off without cigarettes because my cardio is absolutely fucked, although overall i feel much better. Definitely never smoking again, literally paying money to feel terrible all the time is pretty lame.

4 pack a day smoker, went from little to no activity with the exception of walking around a bit, and skating to starting strength to a 6 day a week routine... i'd post my body but I actually have WORSE body acne than I did while smoking that much. I've developed serious cystic bacne and chest acne, and because I'm a dumb bitch I haven't gone to a derm yet. other than that my face looks a little better I guess I definitely feel much better and happy with my life now. its been 2 years, I quit cold turkey because I know that vaping and 'slowing down' doesn't work. once you've smoked you're a smoker, theres no going back, you just have to have the willpower to not do it anymore . there is no weening off, with the exception of drugs like H where you literally have a chance of dying if you don't ween off, the best way to quit is to decide you don't want to do that thing anymore and just stop. if you can't do that, you're a bitch who probably says things like " I want to, but its hard" or " I'll quit eventually" the second i hear these things I lose some respect for that person, cause now instead of owning up to their faults and accepting them, they're making excuses for something they know is detrimental to their health, and trying to shift the blame or responsibility. again I am an EX 4 pack a day smoker. all it took was me telling myself I dont want this anymore and sticking too it. It WAS hard, it became easy. it sounds stupid but you have to want to quit.

Oh I went from ~155lbs to 190lb down to ~178 in the time frame from when i quit to now.
if you take your fitness and health seriously there's no room for tobacco or tobacco products in your body.

How do you even smoke 4 packs a day, there's not enough time in the day for that many cigarettes. Also why so hard on the vaping? I know research is pretty limited at this point but I'm looking to try the vape again because nicotine keeps the suicidal urges away and it looks like a safer method of ingesting nicotine without putting so much other toxins that are found in cigarettes in your body

I smoke weed sometimes when I'm offered it, but usually dab with my pen maybe once a month.

People who smoke tobacco are fucking dumb. That shit smells bad and is bad for you. Why the fuck do people do it? It literally makes you look like a dumb faggot

Try forcing yourself to smoke one or two. Actually don't, but you'll get the idea.

Most people are kind of pressured into it to feel cool. By the time they realize it sucks shit, it's too late, and your brain has rewired itself to believe that cigarettes are the only thing keeping you from shooting up the mall after a day of work.

If you want to simplify it I guess you can say it's a coping mechanism for life / stress and is a quick and easy way to *feel good*. They bring a small sense of inner peace even though the price you pay is on everyones mind, they reluctantly continue the habit to temporarily stomp out their neurotic behavior. It's all incredibly mental and completely fucked up

find something else in place of nicotine my friend.
and i would sit and chain smoke all day long. if i wasnt working i was smoking. the reason it got so bad, is i worked from home hustling video game items and currency for like 6 months and needed to be on or near my computer pretty much 14-18 hours a day. it sucked so i chain smoked all day, sometimes more than that if i was drinking. if you're suicidal and nicotine works for you then i guess vaping is much better than burning cigs, but i suggest you find something in place even if it isn't ingesting something... by that i mean form some association with those feelings with a positive action or hobby. idk man im depressed and think about dying all the time but never been to the point where i'm willing to try so idk if i'm the best person to ask.

thanks for the input though. Last time I made a serious attempt at quitting I made it to 3 weeks before just getting completely mentally wrecked and paranoid of everything. I tried replacing it with gum and breathing through a straw but those just don't stomp out the panic attacks that can happen sometimes. It doesn't help that I've axed all my previous drug use except once in a blue moon and just kind of have nicotine as the glue that can hold me together when I start freaking out about life. Anyway I'm just trying to make myself feel better about this and trying to convince me to buy the vape again

Not the guy you're talking to, but I feel you. I just started vaping, only 3 days in, but it seems to be working. Pack a day smoker, former druggie and all that too.

> at a party in the literal ghetto
> why did I come here
> take a puff of a cigarette
> didnt really feel anything
> manage not to cough so I look cool
> the rest of the night I can feel a small shortness of breath from the heated smoke
> never smoke again
meanwhile my buddy got hooked back in high school and cant even run a mile anymore...

I don't get people who think smoking is uncool. it signals a devil may care attitude, which is the essence of cool

everyone knows it kills you now so it's gone from a glamorous or normal thing to a low class signifier. but this is the whole point. it means you're reckless, you don't care about bougie cultural norms. the people who are offended that you smoke are generally middle class pussies. the people who see it as a sign you're "one of them" are low class people, and middle/high class people who make a habit of emulating low class habits as a way to signal they do not consider themselves bound by bougie norms. it's why accountants talk like accountants but wall street traders talk like construction workers: the former group is trying to signal belonging, the latter is trying to signal superiority. smoking is like this too

anyway the downside is squats fucking destroy me, I can barely breathe halfway through each set. should prolly start doing cardio. I'll quit eventually but I don't want to yet, I still legit enjoy it

I've had vapes and used them before but I was much younger and hellbent on doing everything bad to myself no matter the price. I think I may be mature enough to actually make the switch at this point but to try abstaining from nicotine completely with the state of my life and weak mind I can already feel the lonely breakdown with no one to turn to. Goodluck though m8, if anything try to keep some testimonials and success stories on hand from people who made the switch

It squanders your potential, leads to health issues, bodily problems, weakness and ya stink. I hate the stigma surrounding them as much as any smoker but it's rightfully earned man, these things are pure bad news and slow destroyers of a human

good luck man, hope you can find away to live a healthy and fulfilling life

There is a big social scene aspect of smoking that makes me want to smoke. I know I'd get addicted tho, so I'll only smoke if somebody offers me one

I agree with all this but that doesn't make them "uncool" just like how say, motorcycles, driving way too fast, cocaine etc are all "cool": a lot of the appeal is specifically because they are things that can destroy you. most people decide the risk is too high and forgo. the people who don't are thus set apart from the rest, defined by their anomalous indifference to risk, which is probably the defining trait of "cool"

but why does it show nonsmokers as being more tan?

I see what you're saying but maybe it's only not uncool if it's Chad that's smoking. Health is all the rage these days and smoking is a massive red flag for being unhealthy and uncool. I'm just trying to say if you're a smoker and you're associating it with being cool, you should probably reevaluate why sacrificing your health is worth is possible coolness factor that large sectors of modern society will call you disgusting or even a faggot for doing

*pokes bulge*
OwO whats this

does that guy have two dicks?

I guess i'm sorta lucky I quit after only smoking regularly (maybe 1-5 cigarettes a day depending on what i was doing) for about a year and a half
I never developed the cough or clubbed fingers my smoker mates did
Funny enough it was the clubbed fingers that made me quit, I knew about the cancers and stuff it can cause but that was the final straw kek

Dude nicotine isnt holding you together, youre trapped in a conditioned mindset

I smoke 3-5 cigs a day and I ran half a marathon yesterday... I do understand that I could perform better if I gave up smoking, but life is too short to give up such pleasures. I'd say as long as you don't go past 1/4th a pack a day you're making a good trade-off.

Because it's a drug that makes you feel breddy good and also an easy way to start a conversation with grills on a night out.

health affects skin tone dumdum

dont even vape, its a waste of time and money, you will still feel like shit if you vape

when i stopped smoking my chronic depressing and anxiety went away, my skin also cleared up, i felt more fresh and my teeth became whiter, my skin was less red and pale

i never really wanted to stop smoking. Then one time when i was extremely high on lsd i realised how the addiction had a negative influnce on my thought process if i dont smoke all the time. After this realisation i stopped cold turkey. That was 2 years ago. I would not say that i smoked THAT much but i was definately addicted. I smoked half a pack each day and much more on the weekends.

Fuck you
I love snus, but my weak gut keeps me off it. Mad envy

>LSD cured me
>fucking random user does LSD
>Starts thinking about sex, death and believes life is a rigged game
>now needs to take ativan on the DL and still smokes