Implying SS works

>implying SS works

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0830yFDc-U8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>implying you did the program correctly

yeah dude why doesn't a program designed to make you stronger make you more aesthetic? Fucking faggots lied to me!

>implying fat=strength

maybe a haircut would work?

Would he look good if he cutted? I doubt it.

>cutted
the past tense form of cut is 'cat', just so you know

Thanks brah,
Would he look good if he catted?

>implying I have to do power cleans without a coach, have a 1:1 ratio of press and bench and finally, same amount of volume for upper and lower body.

not catted, cat.
>Would he look good if he cat?

And no, he wouldn't.

it works, as in it gives you a good squat/DL base and okay bench/press, because the reason you do the program is to learn these lifts. It prepares you for regular PL routines.

For aesthetics? Fuck no, plenty of better options available. SS with accessories for example

How long did he do SS ?

SS is only good for getting your ass into a gym and hopefully making a habit out of it.

This tbqh

I'm doing Meme Lifts and now I feel compelled to go the gym consistently, I'm planning on doing SL till the winters over and moving over to a PPL routine, maybe brosplit

so as a dyel memster, you have the qualifications to judge ss?

I quote Rich Piana;

"If you are natty, go heavy every time, heavy weights, less reps"

Only agreeing on the fact that it made going to the gym a habit for me, if I miss a day I feel like shit,

Yes, it works.
Me before Starting Strength 127 lb

Me after SS for barely six months (I started training with weights 22 september 2016) 150 lbs. I actually got abs doing the routine
I'll keep posting this pic everytime you faggots post this kind of bait thread

You looked like a hardgainer. You guys are so lucky. You can eat trash and you will build muscles and only muscles.

If you have intermediate upper body and absolute babby teir legs should you run SS to balance yourself?

Nobody seems to remember that at that point Zach OHP'd 145 lbs, benched 240 and squatted 340. He was strong as fuck but apparently quit lifting short after.

I don't think so, if anything, I could have been leaner without bulking this much. I could have recomp for the first 1-2 months and lean bulk and I would have been shreddes as fuark.
Also keep in mind you guys that to make that progress I skipped gym for a total of at least 2 months since I was sick several times and had other major time issues. If If I never skipped a session, I would have been way bigger
So if you're novice, do SS. With bare minimum effor in diet and exercise you will gain a shitton of muscle. If you do everything right you get fucking shredded in 6 months, like 30 lbs of muscles
Don't forget to add chin ups and rows to the routine

Yes, but keep adding weight to your upper body lifts and do chin ups

Those were for 5 as well

if you expect to look any more shredded than this after your first few months you are delusional

Geez, why didn't he change his routine to a PPL? Did he just get lazy or did the way he look really fuck him up that bad?

How much time should I expect to be able to run a linear progression on my OHP? I actually fail more times than not after adding five pounds and I feel like this might be due to a lack of volume. I'm not even doing 1pl8. (0.5 lmao)

If you fail adding five pounds, start adding only 2.5, and keep going, trying to eat a tiny bit more and checking your form. Once you start failing to add 2.5 and is not related to rest, start adding only 1 pound and repeat the process

He probably was a retard. If he changed it to a 6 days a week PPL focused on heavy compounds and accessories for upper chest, delts and obviously pull ups, rows and chins he would have been fucking massive and lean like the golden one

I'm gonna start doing this, I started stalling on my OHP at 85lbs (started as a DYEL skinnyfat). My upper body lifts are just weak over all and I have a really hard time progressing while my lower body lifts have increased a lot faster

Does anyone know how much %bf this guy is
roughly?

I do SS minus power clean, so I was thinking maybe I have more "recovery resources" for something else delt related. I like the idea of increasing five pounds each time.

25-30

Avoid T Trex mode. Focus on your upper body, and do your chins. If necessary, if you notice you're becoming a t-rex, Switch to a routine like SS but with
Day A) high bar squat
Bench
Row

B) Overhead press
Chin up (weighted)
Deadlift
I'm btw
Use standards from symmetricstrenth.com to check your balance and avoid t rex mode

Do rows in place of power clean, and do them in a way that is both explosive and targeting both your rear delts and lats and biceps

Thanks, what I've been doing to balance it out was doing chinups (gonna start doing them weighted now since they've become a lot easier over time), dips and workout my biceps and triceps on the cable machines after the 3 core workouts of the day.

Also, I love doing deadlifts for some reason, I finally did a full set 205lbs deadlifts and it felt glorious. It wasn't about a week after I started SL that I realized I had to get my entire body into it. I hope I die doing heavy as shit deadlifts like Jon Pall

Hi guys. Dyel here.

I've been doing SS + chin-ups & pull-ups on alternating days for the past couple months and been enjoying decent gains.

On whatever SS guide I read, it said not to add anything else to the program and just follow it exactly for 6 months. However, I want to do something for my abs, 1 workout every other session at the very least.

So my questions are 1. What is a good 10-15 min ab isolation exercise to tack on to SS that won't slow down my gains in the "big 4" lifts?

and 2. can I train my abs every session?

Do 1 minute of strict front plank, and 1 minute per side of side plank at the end of every training session. Make sure form is perfect and "aspire" your guts, dick n balls inside why you do them, at the same time flex your glutes for the whole 3 minutes. No pause when you go from front plank to side plank.
Do this, when it become obvious that it's too easy to do it without losing form, add shit like hanging leg raises and windshield wipers
Do those 3 minutes of planks every session, but at the end

If you're doing SS shouldn't your abs be receiving decent training already? Last time I did my squat (and failed) my abs were sore for the following two days.

I don't think ab isolation exercice will make your abs more visible. That's a body fat issue. Are your abs a limiting factor in your main lifts?

I mean, why do you want to do ab exercices? (Nobody's gonna stop you but I'm not sure it's gonna do what you want it to do.)

I suggested him to do planks because if you do them right, and engage the muscled under the rectus abdominus which pulls your guts inside, you'll look better and it can help with your posture. I did them to fix my anterior pelvic tilt

Nice progress. Stats before/after?

I tighten my core up when doing squats and deadlifts, especially now that the weight is getting heavier. My abs are sore hitting a new PR on deadlifts but if he wants to do ab workouts specifically, I recommend doing them in the mornings to wake up.

Crunches (hands on your traps), russian twists and triple threats (flutterkicks/hello dolly's/leg raises) every morning and you'll be kicking yourself in glorious pain for listening to an user on a Mongolian Throat-singing discussion board

Do direct ab work if you want bigger, stronger abs. Why do people complicate this? I'm stronger and more stable after adding core work, and I squat 455 and pull 585.

If he has an anterior pelvic tilt to fix then that sounds pretty legit but we don't know what he expects from his abs isolation routine. But you know, as I said, no one is gonna stop him and it's not as if adding an abs routine was gonna fuck anything up.

>implying one can do SS forever
It fucking works, bro. But you reach its limit when hitting good form at lifting. That's all: it's a great base as other user wrote before me.
Pls stop the meme that SS is shit.

I don't quite remember after, also because I had sever health issues after those 6 months and lost all my gains, but I'll tell you how I started.
Bench: 45 lbs
Squat: 45 lbs
Ohp: 30 lbs
Deadlift: 90 lbs
I think I was benching 135 lbs for reps after 3 months

>240x5 bench
>145x5 OHP
>325x5 deadlift
>345x5 squat

All done in 6 months. SS works. You just have to eat and actually put more weight on the bar.

but DL, squats and OHP are all in SS and they work your core?

I used to do planks and side planks before I started SS. I could do front planks (3 sets) for about 2:30 and side planks for 2:00 (2 sets each side) when I stopped. I will start doing them again - I just stopped because sometimes my arms/legs would also be fatigued after doing them, and I didn't want to "overtrain" for fear of losing gains in the big 4.

I want to isolate abs because I don't really feel that much of a burn in them when squatting/DL despite having them flexed during the lift. I think I just have a stronger core than arms/legs/shoulders because I used to rock climb and do planks.

Thanks for the tips guys

Flex glutes and suck your guts in when doing planks, don't loose form for a second and you won't fatigue yout arms (you have to put your elbows on the ground)

12 year old, here.
What is T Rex mode?

Retards everywhere.

fat does = strength
the heavier you are the easier it will be to move weight

Over developed legs ass and core with little to no upper body development at all.

It's something that tends to happen to people who follow squat and deadlift heavy programs like SS.

99.9% of the guys who claim to have great builds on those programs never really do those programs or worse are shills whoring those programs.

If you want to look good and get strong I suggest you find a bodybuilding type workout that has you putting weight on the bar every time or just do bodyweight stuff and do some curls.

I posted picture of my progress. You, however, didn't

No, you're that guy that's posted that one single fucking pic with the faked exif data over and over and over again.

I've actually watched the people who are all RIPP IS RIGHT and SS IS GOD and they uniformly look like absolute shit.

The kid in the OP followed his program to the letter. Even got fat as fuck to help him get dem liftan gains.

it's true. There absolutely no one across the net who still believes in that program when it comes to aesthetics. T-Rex mode is a real thing and fucking even rippetoe knows it.
He lies about it if asked directly because he just wants kids to get fat strong in HIS way and is constantly looking for a unicorn that has all of this potential that he can personally train to greatness. But he knows it's a thing.

>faked exif data
Lmao, I also posted the screen with the real pic
You're buttblasted because your months of shilling againsr SS and the sticky is going apart

And again, post pics. I did, you didn't, I lift, you don't

>months of shiling against SS
user...people have been shitting on SS for years now
People have been shitting on SS across the net for years now

A pic
You posted a single fucking picture. Again and again and again.
Which most people were dubious of.

The kid in the OP? He's the norm and is considered a succes. You? You're some random who can't produce a pic with todays date who's screaming about the success of the program.

He's one cut away from being fuarking riped

don't take cheat progress pics like that. everyone looks way better when posing sideways, you're fooling other dyels but not anyone that actually lifts

>325 dl
>345 squat
How

>hurrrrrrr
>strength does not equal aesthetics

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0830yFDc-U8

Is he fuck

You sound like a retarded bro, why would you not follow a basic LP untill you're passed the novice level then do a stupid bodybuiling program ? Even then you'll make more gains off a strength program then doing faggy bodybuilding that only works if you got "good genetics", or are on steroids.

Jeff doesn't train for strength.

His strength is just a byproduct.

shut the fuck up, retarded faggot

the more you train a muscle the more it will grow. Back squatting and deadlifting alone won't do shit for your abs

A by product of a light dose,or doing baby weights for 20 reps?

You're cute buddy, how's that ab day working for you?

His grunts sound exactly like whomps on super mario 64 kek

Strength = aesthetics

5x5 great for strength progression not muscle hyper trophy. Body builders don't squat 500+ pounds 5x5. They drop weight to 150-200 then do like 5 o more set of 15-20 reps with little rest. Also they combine other excercise besides big shit to maximize hypertrophy like high resistance bike machine and sprints if we still talking about leg muscles.

>implying you read the book
made me reply tho 3/10

absolutely devoid of personality

Is it possible that he's natty?

Because I can get strong and yoked on a "bodybuilding" type program.

The strength base thing is a fucking marketing myth that was blown out by pure science and the fact that every single great lifter of note started on a "bodybuilding" type program.

No

fuck I loled