How come I almost never see anyone squatting 3pl8 or more in the gym or doing really heavy deadlifts?

How come I almost never see anyone squatting 3pl8 or more in the gym or doing really heavy deadlifts?

Im one of the few people in my gym with a sub 4 pl8 squat feels bad

2.25pl8 we getting there

Not everyone's a retarded 'powerlifter'

Shit gym, in my uni gym I squat 3 pl8 and I'm among the weakest.

I've seen someone squatting 3pl8 and he was watched by people like it's a miracle, also had 2 spotters.

depends on the gym, my first gym, squatting lmao 2pl8 and there were 2 others that could do the same, when I reached 2pl8 there were several people mirin
new gym is massive and people squat 3pl8 for a warm up

But there's lots of big guys there, they just spend most of their time with dumbbells and resistance machines

Deadlifts are dangerous, many people are not fond of the idea of visiting snap city

>3pl8
how heavy is 1pl8? 10kg?

Because symmetric strength vastly, vastly overestimates the average gym goer

I've been lifting for 5 months and look better and heavier than my friend who's been doing it for years.

because in reality, you can't just claim to lift a fictional weight, you have to lift it in order to prove your strength. Barely anyone actually manages to get 2 plates done on Benchpress within 2 years, and barely anyone actually manages 3 plates Squats within 3-5 years, and thats the fucking reality guys, but hey, we are on the internet, everyone here is above world class elite

20kg x2 plates + 20kg bar

Does your friend not eat or something?

This is so pathetic it has to be bait, if a 3 plate squat takes you that long you seriously need to reevaluate the way you're training or how much effort you're putting in.

More people use steroids than you think

>pull 4.5pl8
>Obviously yelling to get aggression up while pulling
>Asked to quiet down and not use so many plates
>Nigger playing shitty music through his shitty phone and loudly talking to people on speaker and taking up two bars and three sets of bells ignored

In reality no one knows how to train.

>needing to fucking yell to deadlift 455 lbs
kek you overdramatic faggot. I can only pull 475 for my max, but even the other day when I pulled 455 I could do it without screaming like an autist or even dropping the weight aggressively. pull lots of weight and grunt and shit but you don't need to yell for a sub-5pl8 lift

They do, they just go to a different gym to do it.

But, I've already said too much.

>Barely anyone actually manages to get 2 plates done on Benchpress within 2 years, and barely anyone actually manages 3 plates Squats within 3-5 years

Wtf, this should take less than a year

>dangerous
Fuck user, anything you can do is potentially "dangerous". Depending on your bodytype deadlifting can actually be easier than squatting. You know, if you're not a man/chicklet.

And yet it's so fucking hard to find roids if you're just starting to cheat yourself.

It should, but usually doesn't, because outside of highschoolers, neets, and pro athletes, almost nobody follows their program strictly and regularly AND sleeps enough AND eats enough.

>neets
>not going full hermit mode to become the stronkest motherfucker ever
It's like people don't even try.

Because most people lift for aesthetics and heavy compounds aren't the best way to go

>not using heavy compounds to help target muscles that are hard to isolate naturally
>not using heavy compounds to grow some serious lats
>not taking the neck pill and deadlifting to get rid of that turkey neck
NeverGoingToMakeIt.jpg

I have got the same friend, he has been going to gym for at least 5 years. Last time I checked his IG, his best set of 5 was respectively: 2pl8 for bench, 2pl8 for squat, 2,5pl8 for diddly. Either he is retarded or has shitty genes. Probably the latter, cause I know for a fact, that he looked like a rat before hitting the gym. So...yeah...natty limit.

Depends where you live, when I lived in Vegas 3 and esp 2 plate squats were fairly common among the gymrats here.

I moved back to a smallertown recently and I'm the only person I've seen squatting at all. I'm also the youngest person I've seen lifting there too .

Inb4 underage I'm 21 it's just that anytime fitness here is exclusively attended by old people

This, work social and educational gains conflict with muscular gains

aggaaggaagaggaa this autism. I just hit a 135kg squat single today before my 5x5 on 115kg and I've been lifting for 10 months

What compounds to grow lats? lol

Here's the (you) weak boy

squat

Rows. Deadlifts with heavy weight. Basically any compound that recruits your back.

>what is barbell row

I bet the "what compounds" user curls in the squat rack.

How many lbs is 3pl8?

Depends on what you ordered

>yelling to lift 4.5plate
you deserve what you got, autisimo. I was pulling 2plate 6 weeks into lifting and i'm 5'6, 140, female lmao

>female
>tripfagging
I guess the "all women are attention whores" meme is true.

Ok thats what i thought. Thanks

Kek'd

Honestly this, I have a hell of a hard time sleeping and eating enough. I end up doing unintentional intermittent fasting because I usually don't eat until after 12.

Because your gym is full of weak normies.

I got to 2 Plates in Bench Press in 6 weeks and 3 Plate Squat in 2 Months.

I used to lift when I was 25yo (I'm 30 now), but never got anywhere near that, stopped lifting for like 5 years and just got back to it in August this year.

1 month lifting and already 1pl8 squat

Possibly newb gains, but honestly good training works regardless of if you're a newb or not.

I got a 2pl8 bp withint 6 months and my lifting buddy got to 285 in the same amount of time.
Squat is even easier to build up in depending on your leverages and if you start off with good mobility.

Squats 50kg, bp 45 kg, ohp 30 kg 5x5 and im lifting for a month too except i weight 63.5 kg

Thanks, bro. You too take care

By the way, forgot to count the bar. So basically it's those weights + 10kg (22lbs)

20 kg
so u would have 20 kg on one side and 20 on other

Manlets squat better, tall master race deadlifts better. That said, making gains comes from making effort so it's really just which is your bigger lift more than anything.

>at gym today
>pretty tall and strong looking guy with his (presumably) girlfriend come
>straight to squat rack where they would spend the next 30 minutes
>they proceed doing all kinds of weird stretches
>jumping up and down
>pulling the squat rack
>leaning against the squat rack
>after 10 minutes of this, the guy picks up the barbell
>snatches the empty barbell and seems to be visibly struggling (shaking)
>lowers it and proceeds to put 10kg/22lb plates on each side
>with lots of drama, proceeds to front squat the bar for a billion reps
>never saw the chick squatting
>adds another 10kg/22lbs on each side
>again, lots of drama, front squats
>chick leaves, leaving the guy at the squat rack by himself
>didn't see him squatting again
>he just sat on the seat of the machine next to the squat rack
>left the weights racked
>after a while goes upstairs
>I left maybe 30-45 minutes after the guy had gone upstairs
>they were stretching on the floor

Struck off as odd to me. Guy looked like he could squat way more than that just by acting so pro.

Not him but I currently deadlift 500ish and I've been screaming before every deadlift PR since I was at 2 pl8. Setting a new 1rm is always gonna be hard, regardless of weight, and screams are helpful to hype up.

Yeah right
And let me guess you probably don't even machines as well. It's weird though, professional bodybuilders do use plenty of machines
>b-but he's on roids! It's different!
O RLY? Machines only benefit roiders? Tell me more young man

Screaming before deadlifting for a PR is for mentalstatelets.

As a 6'3 guy I know it's harder for us with our fucking femurs and greater ROM.

Also packing muscle seems to take longer, because of the surface area.

This is false. It's literally the other way around. Smaller guys deadlift proportionally better, bigger guys squat proportionally better.

I'm no bodybuilder, but I won't claim to never use machines. I use the leg curl and seated calf raise to help me isolate my calves and glutes. Otherwise it's all free weight compound and isolations.

If you're a bodybuilder than only machines is fine, but if you lift for anything other than just asthetics then you should mix in compounds because they'll help anytime you need to lift anything heavy outside the gym.

I squat 3 pl8s for reps and there are guys in the gym who seem impressed by it, and they are lean and ripped. I look bad in comparison (higher bf, around 17). They are interested in aesthetics and rarely deadlift of squat, and when they do they go for 12 reps low weight. That's suited for their goals.

My goal is to be big and strong and lift a car, so I train accordingly. My next goal is 2 pl8 ohp.

Took me 3 months. Granted I was obese at the time, but shit I can’t imagine taking 1 whole year to get there

>bigger guys squat proportionally better.
Bigger as in fatter.
Most tall men have trouble doing A2G squats.

That's actually not true at all. Tall guys fill out their frame just as fast.
Who gives a fuck about proportionally though? there's no weight classes in the jungle. Taller guys always have more absolute strength

Personally I have made it to two plate and I have other priorities for lifting now.
I don't need to change pants size again.

This. That said I have flexibility to make it A2G but it's a longer trip to get there than some 5'0" member of the Lollipop Guild.

How tall is tall to you? 6' or 6'3''+?
I'm 6'1'' and have no problem squatting

Kek. Deadlifts, even really heavy ones, barely work your lats. They just act as stabilizers. If you want to grow big lats you could skip deadlifts alltogether.

There's also no deloads in the warzone.

If you're going to reference the quote at least finish it ;)

EMG data proves otherwise, your lats are activated just as much in a deadlift as a row. The only difference is time under tension, but with deadlifts you can load a lot more weight so it makes up for it somewhat.

You are either retarded or retarded. You know what is the main fucking purpose for bodybuilders to use machines? Too tire themselves up. Normal leg day for roider (and I tell from experience of knowing a few open-roiders) starts with leg press, then extensions, then ham-curls, then bulgarian squat or lunges and then maybe, just maybe he will do squats when he has literally depleted of any energy. That way he won't hurt himself, other way round he would start with extremely heavy squat, which would probably end up one day with him getting premium tickets to snap city. I know guys with 50" chests and 10%bf, who do dumbbell press with 55lbs dumbbells. So yeah, stop bullshitting people about roids. Truth is that roiders can and will train differently from natties.

Links.
I'm genuinely curious.

You have your opinion, I have mine

Is that you? Wtf are you doing

>go to a gym with a lot of roid heads and other massive older dudes
>rarely see anyone lift even close to 1/2/3/4
>switch to uni gym
>like every other day someone squats or diddlies 200kg+
>lots of heavy olympic weightlifting too
I thought uni gyms were supposed to be full of normies and dyels

Of your just a massive pussy I weight 160 and do reps with 2pl8 on the bench

That's the bugez doing weighted pistol squats

45lbs in non-retard units

Deadlifting for "bodybuilding" is just a meme.

20,4kg in non-retarded unit*
Fixed that one for you

45lbs in non-retard units
Ftfy pal

>using imperial scale
>not retarded
Choose one, but be careful

the fuck kind of bitch bar is that?

>using metric
>not one
Choose one and only one user

Because your a faggot in a faggot gym

85kg been lifting about 1.5 months
65bp 45ohp lmao1plate squat and 70kg DL
we are all gonna make it
metrics ftw

Both of those activities will destroy you for life if you do them wrong.

Just over 1 month lifting, .5pl8 ohp, 1pl8 bench, 1pl8 squat, and 1.5pl8 diddly.

Whoops 2.5pl8 diddly, and 1.5 months. My fucking bad.

How the fuck did you get weaker over time, my man?

literally what?
Counting in ancient chinese units makes more sense than your post ever did.

wow what the fuck you are right.
explain please

Today at my uni gym I saw a dude fail a 105lbx3 bench

What's your height and weight?

>this should take less than a year
>Everybody is 6'4" 240lbs with years of manual labour when they start lifting

I'm 5'11" 175. I got up to 208 trying to hit 1/2/3/4 and it took me about 8 months to get there but I'm stronger now at 175 at about 11%bf.