Why can fat people lift more? Can I just get fat and maintain?

Why can fat people lift more? Can I just get fat and maintain?

>Why can fat people lift more?
because people calling you fat shit and grabbing your manboobs for years gives you the strength to do that last rep

Leverages and calories

Yes

mass=force

no. its mass * speed = force
and it doesn't even apply in this scenario. the force talked about (I THINK I MIGHT BE RETARDED) is impact force. not ability to generate power

Actually force = mass * acceleration
t. babbys first physics class

what if the mass is slowing down but still going fast? will acceleration be negative and generate a pull instead? fucking retard

my dude you might want to get your IQ tested

not an argument

are you asking unironically whether acceleration can be negative?

can things not slow down?

Retardation

>mass is slowing down
acceleration will be negative, velocity still positive.

what? yes? acceleration can be negative? what the fuck was your original point?

accelerate
əkˈsɛləreJt/
verb
verb: accelerate; 3rd person present: accelerates; past tense: accelerated; past participle: accelerated; gerund or present participle: accelerating

(especially of a vehicle) begin to move more quickly.
"the car accelerated towards her"
increase in rate, amount, or extent.

So if it's decreasing how is it increasing in rate you retard?

IT'S A NEGATIVE ACCELERATION YOU FUCKING MEATHEAD BRAINLET HOLY FUCK

what did i say then? if you have mass * -acceleration = -force
so does it create a pull?

>he thinks that fatties are defaulty stronger
if he actually knew fatties, he'd know he couldn't be wronger
there was a study a fews years ago, I recall, of how protein alone affects gains.
it showed after all that a high protein diet alone would be better than low and still dealing with the gym and its pains.

so, you see, the fatties are just a little bigger because they woof down the protons like chicken eaten by a nigger

Not quite. You see, acceleration is the effect of a force acting on an object, so if something is moving away from you, you could slow it down by pulling on it. The pull creates the negative acceleration (in this case), the acceleration does not create the pull. However, if an object is moving towards you, then a push would cause it to slow down instead of a pull. It's all about the direction something is moving.

An impluse 'force' is calculated as the change in momentum of the masses involved.

If you're slowing down a mass as it hits another mass, you would calculate the change in total momentum to find the force that was applied. You do not use Newton's second law when calculating the application of a force over a short time period.

This also little to nothing to do with lifting.

The force you generate on the moving mass is negative. The force the moving mass generates on the still mass must be calculating using the change in momentum and NOT by using Newton's second law.

Physics-lets leave this board.

You should all know it depends on how you frame your example. A negative acceleration one way is just a positive acceleration in the opposite direction.

The math works out no matter how, provided you keep your symbols correct.

Let me just clarify what I mean one last time. You don't care to calculate the force in situations like a ball hitting a wall, you only care about impulse (dp), which is another quantity that is similar to force (dp/dt). If you calculate force using a very short time frame, it is only meaningful if you integrate the quantity across the distance moved (the distance the wall moved backwards because of the ball hitting it) which gives you the amount of work done on the wall.

Since we're *trying* to talk about lifting, you still have to consider that calculating the work in lifting a weight up and down is still not a quantity you care for. This is because there is zero total net work done on the weight. It gets picked up and you increase its potential energy, but then you let it back down and it's back to where it started. So what are we trying to calculate? The work being done on your muscles when you lift.When you lift, your muscles rip and tear in response to the work being done on them.

Because this is a hard quantity to measure, you generally don't see calorie calculators for lifting, because the amount of energy involved in lifting weights will vary depending on how efficient your muscles are.

fatasses are essentially wearing extra weight daily.

Speaking as a fat person, those of us who still walked around and carried things on a daily basis like normal people while we were getting fat wind up with a higher lean body mass afterward, in addition to just a higher fat mass.

The lean gains are compensatory; if we solely gained fat, we wouldn't be able to carry it around, and we'd pretty much just fall into bed and never get up. (This does of course happen to some fat people if in addition to eating too much they also have an extremely inactive lifestyle and/or somehow manage to undereat protein. These kinds of fat people, who gain fat without gaining the necessary lean mass to compensate, are usually the ones who slip ever deeper into depression, become super-obese, and have to live off of welfare because they can no longer work.)

You can get fat and maintain, and as long as you do more in the meantime than just sit around, you will wind up able to lift more than you could before you were fat. However, you'll also come out of it a lot less healthy overall, and your ability to lift will be FAR inferior to what it would be if you'd gained the same amount of weight in mostly or exclusively lean mass.

Really, from personal experience, I wouldn't recommend it. There's a lot you might be willing to do for easy muscle gains, but ruining your health and slowly killing yourself should not be one of them.

>acceleration will be negative
brainlet detected

People who only care about lifting heavy eat in a surplus this helps with recovery their fatnnes is a result of the pruisuit of strength.
So the answer to your question is no.

>acceleration can't be negative
I bet you call it "deceleration" and everything

Deceleration is real but it isn't even necessarily negative acceleration. Deceleration is just acceleration opposed to the direction of velocity. If the velocity is negative then negative acceleration is just acceleration.

By the way, concepts of "negative" and "positive" don't even really have meaning with regard to distance, velocity, and acceleration, unless we're talking about cartesian coordinate axes and the components of those vectors along said axes, which don't exist in the real world and are necessarily just mathematical abstractions imposed upon it. A real physicist does all his classical mechanics in 3D polar coordinates.

>deceleration
what happens when your velocity reaches zero?? do you "decelerate" to the other side?
retard

If your velocity reaches zero then further deceleration is impossible. Any further acceleration is simply acceleration.

All deceleration is also acceleration but not all acceleration is deceleration.

>people calling you fat shit and grabbing your manboobs for year

Dangit man, my feels. But I think we're lucky, having been fat in our younger years. 3/4 of the population will be fat at some point in their life, being fat when you're young and your body and mind can rebound and learn... I think truly we were fortunate to be fat and learn how to not be fat.

If i drive 50mph, slow down 10mph, I'm still driving 40mph. You can't have negative acceleration.

You can't have positive acceleration either.
Nor positive or negative velocity.
See:

think of it like this.
The weight you're trying to lift are pulling you back, if you were a skinny rattlebone the weight will overpower you and pull you towards it. If you had an extra 40lbs on you it will help anchor you to the ground and you will have a chance at overpowering the weight if you have the muscle

Acceleration will always be a positive number, but it can be in a negative direction

acceleration and velocity are vectors, not scalars. they have a magnitude and direction. "negative acceleration" just means the acceleration vector of the object is pointing in the direction opposite its velocity. the velocity vector will begin to move towards the direction of the acceleration vector at a rate proportional to the acceleration vector's magnitude. assuming you maintained the acceleration vector constant, the velocity vector would continue to increase in magnitude in acceleration's direction to infinity. of course, that doesn't happen in real life since, in the most disgusting of oversimplifications, objects that move faster (velocity vector has higher magnitude) also have more mass. yes, if you're moving you have slightly higher mass. this effect is small enough that it's a complete non-factor in speeds 99% of objects will deal with, but it's what prevents things from ever reaching the speed of light, since heavier objects need more force to maintain the acceleration vector's magnitude. yes, force is also a vector and changing its magnitude or direction will yield a corresponding change in the object's acceleration vector.

tldr acceleration can be negative but only if you define a particular direction as positive and the opposite direction as negative.

thank you user, I was gonna sperg out and write a long ass post explaining shit but you did it for me, saved me some real time

i think i found the most autistic thread on 4 chan