/fat/ return of the wojak edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy(Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/(complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html(simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>previous

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulin_resistance#Diet
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cousin fucking is good!

Why didn't you make it say lord of the onion rings? You know that would be much funny

Day 11 of 1600 calories. Staying strong

Made this pic in like two minutes, not much time to pay attention to detail

>tfw ate a tub of cookie dough by accident

I got u senpai

how many pull-ups can /fat/ do?

Spill it!

>y-yes why you asking??

I want to know how I'm doing compared to my /fat/ brothers.

Had a few bites of a blueberry muffin this morning. It was fucking delicious.

I had a Ferrero Rocher chocolate hazelnut ball
>mfw only 6g carbs
>mfw I can still call today a keto day if I don't have any more carbs today
>mfw I got away with it too and it wasn't even for those meddling kids

I feel like onion rings are really underrated as a side (fatty-wise)
The typical restaurant onion rings are "ok", but when someone gets them right, I don't think there is a limit to how many I could eat :3

Lol

I strongly agree and that's exactly why you should get that shit out of my sight jesus christ

>consistent and carefully measured low calorie diet 2 weeks
>no change in waist measurement
>very low calorie diet for 2 days
>gain half an inch
what th efuck

maybe dont measure every fucking second and have some patience.
>omg guise I haves water weigth omg noooo Im not skinny yet! LoL!

Fucking dumb fuck

wbhat is water weight?
water doesn't have calories

H-here friend. It's g-gone now :3

really good troll haha

>Start eating healthier
>Become incredibly windy
>My farts smell really fucking rank
What do?

>it's not a lily edition

Cmon fattie I'm tired of your sattirical cartoons

Your body is just getting used to eating healthy.
By healthy you mean more veggies and the like correct?
Yeah, you're going to be a farting dynamo for a while.

Happened to me a couple weeks in, but only lasted around a week.

My friend is using the excuse of having a "Slow metabolism" for not losing weight

How much of a meme is this?

By slow metabolism she means she eats too much shit and doesn't move enough.

If she honestly had a slow metabolism then she'd be fucking cold all of the time tired constantly and morbidly obese even while eating starvation levels of calories.

Tell her to keep a food journal.
Anything that passes her lips gets photographed and logged. Even tiny pieces of candy "that shouldn't count' and those snacks that she rewards herself with.
Then have her use a pedometer ap to log her steps.

It's real, but uncommon. It's called metabolic syndrome. Usually it's caused by getting fat in the first place. The adipose uses hormones to fuck up your appetite regulation so you become just generally a very slow and tired person even considering your weight.

WHY ARE YOU ALL SO FAT LMAO

I had a huge chocolate bar and I'm going for icecream with a friend in an hour.

I lost 2kg this week though so as long as I stay shut after this I should be good right?

Not actually a fat fuck anymore but after going from 210 to 150 lbs then lean bulking up to 157 I feel like shit all the time. I basically never feel satisfied no matter how much I eat and I always feel low energy. Also have literally no sex drive. Only reason I'm not balooning up is because I stick to my macros. Anyone else experience this? Is there any hope at the end of the tunnel?

What happens if i eat to much fat?
Is it bad for my diet or not?

[spoiler]have you ever heard of calories and google? :)[/spoiler]

You need a certain amount of fat in your diet, hence why you have specific breakdowns of macro nutrients. Too much fat will make you resistant to insulin.

add more probotics to diet
sauerkraut is good for ya

While I know healthy bread is a meme one of my favorite things in the world is unironically a 70 calorie thin slice of seedy brown bread toasted with a little bit of butter on it. I have it almost every day and I can't stop myself...it's so good.

Fats (nutrients) are not the same as inflated fat cells. They are more calorie dense than other macros (protein and carbs) but they're better for you than carbs. You need a little bit of all three in your diet, but too many fats is never bad as long as you're not over your TDEE (unless you're trying to bulk of course).

I just want to take a moment to appreciate and thank all of these thread's parcipants, both contributors, lurkers and questioners.

We all gonna make it. Stay strong bros.

Exactly how does fat make you resistant to insulin?

It's the biggest meme in normiedom.

Fatties insist that they have a low metabolism (i.e. when the body uses less calories per time) and that's the reason they're fat. The real reason they're fat is simply because they eat too much. People tend to get a low metabolism when they don't move very much, have a low muscle mass, or eat low nutrients. If you're fat and cite the 'low metabolism' meme as your excuse, then that means you've somehow managed to eat a fuck ton of food while managing to avoid proteins and essential vitamins and minerals at all costs (and staying bed bound most of the time). Usually the only people with a genuine low metabolism are very skinny people who don't eat much and tend to have very low energy. Ironically, it's these same people that will eat once a day (which will consist of greasy garbage), and then they'll brag to fat people how they can eat whatever they want and not gain weight (because they think they have a high metabolism), and that's why you hear so many fatties say that they must have a low metabolism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulin_resistance#Diet

Shit, meant to use this one.

is this the test they used corn oil on rats?
I cant see the logic that fat, that cause almost no insulin spike will cause insulin resistance.

What should I get at the grocery store for cheap filling meals with around 500 calories.

I'm not saying don't have ANY fat, just stick to your macros my dude. The breakdown for your height weight/your goal weight is an appropriate amount of fat. Try to get it from good things like avocado's

Not OP, just wanted to ask how im fucking up. Im loosing weight (5-6 times cardio a week), but my body fat percentage is going up. What the hell is happening, do i need to lift more weights? My diet has been adjusted too

A good exercise for fats is swimming, it doesn't damage your tendons or articulations like normal exercise can do in fat people, you also should use elliptical machines and avoid running machines, they're safer to use for fatties, help in weight lost and don't harm your legs as much.

First of all do not randomly quote the last 10 people for attention. Second of all, you do not need to mention that you are not OP, you can freely ask questions without having been the one who started the thread. Third of all, it's spelled "losing weight" not "loosing weight".

At what pace do you run, and for how long do you run? What are you using to determine body fat percentage? How much are you currently lifting?

Fuck off you Jew.

If you lose weight but fat percentage is going up, you burn more muscles than fat.

Currently using the stairmaster(level 7) doing it 15 mins per day, sometimes 30 when i have the time. Using a machine at the gym that calculates body water, dry lean mass, body fat, weight (stand bare foot etc). Doing 75 for lat pulldowns, 85 for rows, 70 for incline bench presses

I assume to counter act that, i need to lift and cardio then? I only do lifting every 2 days

Make your diet protein rich, lift and cardio alternately.

femanon here. i've been low carb for about a week now (cooking all my own meals consisting of vegetables and lean proteins and spices) and i've been working out pretty regularly for a few weeks with the intensity dvds my Veeky Forums bf lent me. i was feeling pretty good about how i looked this morning and felt that i had shed a bit of weight, and then i stepped on the scale and it said that i had actually gained about 6 pounds. i feel terrible and discouraged. I had lost about 40 pounds about a year ago and here i am doing it again, but now i'm officially the heaviest ive ever been at 190 and its seriously bothering me and has been making me want to cry because ive felt a lot better and more energetic and confident until now. i'm not giving up though I'm still going to push forward and make it. just needed a space where i could rant. we've all got this we're all gonna make it.

I guess I only had 700 cals today, if I'm counting correctly, but I only walked ~3 miles

Should I have a chicken breast for dinner, or just skip it?

If you see in mirror that you are thinner, then these 6 pounds should be muscles. Dont worry and check fat % more often than weight. Its more reilable.

I've been doing 10-12 last year, but I did then with a bit of cheating.

eat, retard

the easiest filling meal is 3 boiled eggs and a glass of water
also salad is great , use vinegar as dressing and hummus

Take measurements and don't rely solely on the number on the scale.

>Using a machine at the gym that calculates body water, dry lean mass, body fat, weight

What machine are you talking about? Can you give me a name of describe it in better detail?

Sorry about that i didnt find the name, but i got it. The machine is called inbody 270 body composition analyzer

Eat because you'll lose energy throughout the day and want to die. I was originally eating at 1000 calories without a high amount of cardio and I literally felt like death. Then I ate back up to 1250 calories a day and now I feel a lot better.

Do you guys think it may be better to measure progress by taking body measurements instead? I tend to become very obsessed with the scale number

>no nutritional facts on raw chicken meat
HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE IT? Also should I only be eating chicken breast?

remember only weigh yourself in the morning.enjoy healthy fats on a low carb diet , almond butter , avocados , steaks.
and stay hydrated

Your metabolism can variate from calculated BMR by up to 50% in both ways, plus your metabolism can go as low as 500 calories on a scarcity of food.

It depends on genetics, gut microbiotics that you have, your liver, pancreas and thyroid, lean mass, medicine you are taking and some other shit. There has been a research on that.

But I bet your friend is just fat and doesn't want to count calories, probably doing some meme exercise like yoga and thinking that she should be slim as a model.

100% better

oh yeah dont worry i'm constantly drinking water all day, at least two or three quarts a day. would eating beef be better than eating chicken and turkey? thats what i've been mostly having on the protein front. sorry for all these questions everyone

Any boyos ever feel guilty about eating something you were craving like crazy but didn't actually eat?

I keep catching myself thinking about how I was doing so good today and shouldn't have eaten that fucking popcorn. Except I didn't, and I'm still doing good. It's fucking me up.

wat do lads

Okay well to be fair this was a question you could Google yourself but I guess not everyone can be as smart as me. It says in the description of the product that it works off statistics and assumptions, meaning that it measures a few quantities--namely the amount of cells with excess water (muscle cells)--and using that information it compares your data against a person with a known muscle and fat composition to give you an estimated body fat percentage. It's an accurate machine but there will still be a deviation tail that will include a small percentage of people for which it will be inaccurate.

You can try using a different machine and see if you get a different result, or alternatively you can assume the machine is working properly and there's a biological reason why you are losing muscle (i.e. the relative calories burned working out sufficiently surpasses the amount of available energy from fat cells that can be utilized for muscle repair).

How much are you eating and how much are you working out?

Count your fucking calories

>17 people split between 10 rooms
>I'm the only the one who got a roommate who cooks in his room instead of just going to the mess like everyone else
>have to smell his delicious food all fucking day
This is the fucking worst

regarding water, should I just keep drinking until my piss runs clear? Is there any reason to keep going beyond that?

Stop weighing yourself everyday (purely for psychological reasons). You will lose weight slower as you get to a smaller size, and the natural weight variation (due to the digestive track and water retention) will cause you to have a harder time determining your weight loss trend unless you look at the long term trend (week to week) as opposed to the short term trend (day to day).

echoing this. I've been in a bad plateau for a while, but I notice that I'm still getting slimmer.

I think this is because my MR has gotten way smaller, and I've also been making huge fucking gains so water retention has gone up.

Still though, 'under the hood' good things are happening!

I eat mainly dark meat but it's because it tastes better to me and has more nutrients besides just protein. There's still a lot of protein just only a little more in chicken breast. Also dark meat has a little more calories. If you're going for optimal efficiency then, yes, chicken breast is better but you can eat the wings and drumsticks as long as you're tracking your calories correctly. I keep it under usually 700 calories a day with chicken meat and get a lot of the mass of my intake from vegetables.

Anyone luck (unlucky?) enough to live in the NW and knows what Burgerville is knows that the ultimate temptation is their Walla Wall onion rings they put out seasonally.

is losing 10lbs in a month good?

did i du gud?

any weight loss is good

That's about a couple pounds per week, which is the ideal amount of weight loss. Unless of course you are over 250-300 pounds, in which case you should be losing much faster than that.

Try eating more nutrient dense foods.
instead of one slice of bread to get 15 carbs and a 100 cals, eat a whole damn plate of steamed cabbage and broccoli.
Start counting your micro nutrients, make sure to get enough zinc for the sex drive thing.

Energy could be as simple as needing more B vitamins from food too

Delete it from your mind. That picture shows 1165 calories without the dressing. That's two meals worth of food and I guarantee they're not satisfying.

>but they're better for you than carbs

Give me one fucking source that isn't a keto blog.

My stomach is no longer sagging.

I've reached a trench in my weight loss...between gradually losing confidence that I'd look any better skinnier (found out that I'm an apple shape without the big boobs; the crazy long, slim legs only make me look weirder with my wide belly/midsection) and my dormmates telling me that guys "like curves" and that 155 is small enough for 5"6, I've really slowed down.

I hope when you guys reach your goal you'll look in the mirror and feel good about what you see.

Congratulations. That must feel pretty good.

how do I increase my metabolism?

I'm at 1500 calories a day and my weight loss is slowing down, and I'm falling into the trap of sitting around in my ass doing nothing

I started at about 202lbs and am now 192lbs

I guess it will get harder and harder from here on out :(

Eat more vegetables if you can. The more food you eat with the least amount of calories the better off you will be. Plus you won't be hungry as there's more food eaten which will fill you up.

Thank you. It sure does.
It still sticks out of course, but it’s cool to be able to see all the skin from my private parts and up without sucking anything in.

okay, whats a good target calorie goal for low carb? i usually try to stay around 1500 a day since i thought low carb i would have a little leeway with calories

Carbs increase your blood sugar which increases your appetite and blood pressure. Avoiding carbs in order to enter ketosis is NOT the only reason why doctors recommend avoiding carbs while dieting.

Look it up yourself, don't beg me for readily available information at your fingertips unless I'm citing some obscure scientific field or some one-off study that was done (or if I'm writing a paper, which I'm obviously fucking not).

damn the nostalgia

what about exersise?

It doesn't get harder, but your progress will slow.

If this was your first month of eating less, a good chunk of it will have been water weight, so expect it to be a bit slower in the future.

Glad you appreciate it user. Such a comfy gif...wish I had more of the show and other classics.

I had some popeye's for the 1st time lst week while visiting Toronto.
Jesus Christ they better not move to my city... the tendies were the best I ever had, the biscuit was great and the fries were really good as well