Is 1/2/3/4 really the starting point or just a meme?

Is 1/2/3/4 really the starting point or just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/lywi.gr/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is that a trap. actually id rather not know

what do you mean by starting point? I hit it after about 18 months. I guess t signifies that you are no longer a noob but a legit lifter. then when you hit 2/3/4/5 you're in with the big boys.

1/2/3/4 will put you above 90% of people who go to the gym, and generally indicates that you've been training well for a year or two or training on and off for much longer
2/3/4/5 will generally be enough to make you the strongest person in any commercial gym, except that one dude who comes in on thursdays and squats 6pl8 singles

1/2/3/4 is a bit unbalanced, but 2/3/4/5 is just retarded.

yea 2/3/4/5 is insane, 95% of lifters will never come near that

lol

how many natties do you know that can bench 3 plates?

starting point similar to how people say that an 8x6 is the bare minimum. Is 1/2/3/4 the 8x6 of the lifting world?

I said unbalanced, not unachievable. A 225 pound overhead press is enormously more advanced than a 405 squat

>Tfw almost 2 years in and only at 2/3 cuz i had shit diddly form and no shoulders

I've only seen one person ohp 225

Starting point how? I'd say at least half of guys who go to the gym will give up before they even reach 1/2/3/4 at all.

I don't know what 8X6 is. I didn't say that 1/2/3/4 is the minimum I said that it is when you can call yourself a legit lifter. If you train hard and eat enough you should really be achieving intermediate stats within 18 months-2 years.

It's a milestone really

8x6 is penis size. Not sure if its meming but people on this site have been echoing that your shaft must be 8 inches in length and 6 inches in circumference as a "starting point" to be able to penetrate "the cake" from behind. Again probably just memes because thats well above average

I agree on that, I just get triggered by "2/3/4/5". It's akin to setting fitness standards to being able to run a 7 minute mile and being able to do ten consecutive muscle ups

3pl8 bench is far easier than 2pl8 ohp

Never gonna make it.

that's true but 3pl8 bench is already elite for a natty

It should be 2/3.5/5/6

Why cant it be

1/2/3/4
Then
2/3/4/5
Then
2.5/3.5/5/6?

Im natty and i already hit my 4 pl8 squat im at 195 ohp, 275 bench, and 465 dead. My goals are for a 2/3/4/5 by the end of year.

What is 1 2 3 4? Help a noon to this board out

135 pound overhead press
225 pound bench press
315 pound squat
405 pound deadlift

No go away nigger, read the sticky, and lurk more before you post

1 plate = 20kg (45lb) on each side of bar + 20kg (45lb) for bar
so 1 plate is 2*20kg+20kg = 60kg (135lb)
1/2/3/4 is doing 1 pl8 overhead press, 2 pl8 bench, 3 pl8 squat and 4 pl8 deadlift

ive never gotten confirmation one way or the other, is 1/2/3/4 1rm or for reps

there is no one definition everyone agrees on

I think this is a good explanation, it's a good signal that you have dedicated actual time to weightlifting. From here I think other good indicators are the 1000 pound club and/or a 300+ wilks score. By no means the end, just good benchmarks.

As far as I'm concerned as long as you lift it at least once then you've reached it. But it is better to do it for reps of course.

Would it really matter user? Man ass feels just as good so long as you remember to say no homo.

How much mass would I need to put on to hit 1/2/3/4? Currently 145# at 6’0, just hung up the spikes after years as a competitive collegiate 5k guy. Been lifting 3 days a week the past month or two, gone from 135 to 225 for deadlift, 135 squat to 205, 95 to 135 on the bench, and 45 to 75 for OHP, all for 8 reps as the last of a 4x8 hypertrophy routine. I assume I’ll have to add mass to hit 1-2-3-4 but I don’t want to get too big in case I want to start trying to hit fast 5ks again.

Thats not a good way to look at it. There are lifters your weight doing those numbers. The question is more how long will you have to train and its different for everyone but 1/2/3/4 is usually a 6 month to a year for a dedicated novice

So 1/2/3/4 is realistic at my size? I don’t mind if it takes me longer at a lower body weight.

Thanks. Man. Guess I still got some way to go. But I'll worry about that when I finish losing all the weight.

Hard to put on muscle when in a constant caloric deficit. But I've seen some improvements though.

Absolutely there are women that can pull those numbers and dont weigh much. 1/2/3/4 is more of a training thing.

It does fucking matter.

>Women benching 2 pl8 or pressing 1pl8
Those are female powerlifters on roids

What is 1/2/3/4? Asking for a friend.

"The press" 1 plate 60kg
Bench press 2 plates 100kg
Squats 3 plates 160kg
Deadlift 4 plates 200kg

>counting the bar

I ran faster in college than most professional women runners do on EPO, I see no reason I couldn’t outlift a roided up woman too.

I hit 2/3/4/5, AMA

So is that a trap or what?

work on ur math

There are in 1/10,000 women that can hit those numbers. I didn't want to believe it but they exist.

Found it!
instagram.com/lywi.gr/

yes mom

No it isnt

how much do you weigh?
are you on roids?

>3pl8 bench easier than OHP 2pl8
In what dumbass backwards world do you live in?
I started OHP above 1pl, reaching 2 was nowhere as hard as trying to obtain 3 pl8 bench.

Do u have gf

what's the equivalent of 1/2/3/4 for someone who's 135 lbs

eating and then 1/2/3/4

its still 1/2/3/4 you dumb faggot

i can barbell bench 250lbs and still stuck pushing 60lb dumbbells over my head

it's

0.75/1.25/1.75/2.25

of your bodyweight

how's that even possible? I can just barely bench a plate but can ohp 50lb dumbbells

Its not insane at all. >2/>4/6/6 reporting faggots.

It's for reps when your friend makes 1rm before you do and 1rm when you make it before your friends do. It's theoretical 1rm when posting on Veeky Forums

That correlates on the dot with 1/2/3/4
t.80kg

2pl ohp is the most uncommon of those lifts for sure, 6 plate squat is also a lot

>4 pl8 bench
cheaters don't count

>2pl8 ohp is more uncommon than fucking 6pl8 squat
what the literal fuck are you talking about

>135 lbs is the same at 6 ft as 5' 3"
yeah who's the retard now

are you retarded
I don't think you understand how colossal a weight 400lb/180kg is

i lift 400lb every night when i fuck ur mum against a back alley wall

>1/2/3/4 is a bit unbalanced, but 2/3/4/5 is just retarded

1/2/3/4 is pretty balanced IMO, but a 2 plate OHP is pretty rare since most powerlifters don't train it

Neither.

1/2/3/4 isn't a starting point. That was the meme.

1/2/3/4 is a milestone that's a big deal, since it usually takes lifters a few months or even a year to reach, depending how they go about it.

Most people who go to the gym don't get to 1/2/3/4, which is why it's impressive.

>big deal
>less than a year to reach
Hmm.
I'll agree that average gym goers don't reach 1/2/3/4 because they don't train squats and DLs. I train at the only gym in my town with platforms (besides the crossfit gym next door) and I've never seen anyone DL, but a couple people just use it occasionally cus the weights and bars get moved around.

Currently about 215. Natty.
yes

>1/2/3/4
>18 months
>2 years
LUL

You won't even look good at 1234 t b h

I'm at 2/3/5/5.5 and just finally starting to look like I lift

What are these numbers and slashs?

>Takes around a year of consistent lifting to achieve
>not a big deal.

I don't think you understand what a small fraction of the population has ever consistently trained weights for a year.

So we need to feel good that normies cant do something?

So, is it a dude?

1/2/3/4 is basically a black belt in lifting. It impresses the normies, yes you are pretty strong, and it has taken dedication to get there, however, it is basically the beginning of your serious lifting journey. A black belt means you have completely mastered the basics and that is what 1/2/3/4 mean Imo. What you do afterwards is entirely up to you. You could focus on aesthetics and jump on PPL or you could focus on strength and hop on something like the Texas Method to get to 1.5/3/4/5. Or a mix of both would be something like PHUL.

It depends, what do you think is a reasonable expectation to set for yourself?

1. Showing more dedication than 99% of the population in regards to physical activity
2. Matching the standards of autists on the internet who have a several year head start on you.

I'm probably underestimating. Not even 1% of the population can do 1/2/3/4. So yeah, it is a pretty big accomplishment.

2/3/4/5 is not a thing, and mentioning it is a surefire way to let everyone know that you don't actually lift

No it isnt. Stop trying to act like youre unique

LOL. I bet youre weak as shit

Bullshit I do 6/7/8/9 come at me dyel.

Nuh uh i bench 9000 pounds prove that i cant.

Now try not to call people out on their lifts online. Its a fruitless venture.

>not starting at 10/20/30/40
you fucking faggots might as well kill yourselves

DAMN!
Shes a hardcore heroin / crack weeb. Dreamy. She probably fug for $10.

>7 minute mile
>impressive
Nani the fuck, user. 7 minute mile isn't shit.

Working toward and reaching a year+ long goal is something to be proud of, autist. Its not particularly impressive as far as competitive powerlifting or olympic lifting goes but it definitely sets you apart from the general population. Most people consider lifting 200 lbs to be a monumental task, let alone 400.

>145# at 6’0
SPOOKY SCARY SKELETONS

Where did these numbers come from?

My cock and balls weigh 400 lbs and I lift them everyday, so am I good to go?

Nah, desu it's not really an accomplishment to be a 200+ lb fatass attaining 1/2/3/4 compared to a random 165 lb guy doing it.

>1/2/3/4
whats that....also im scared of fapping to whites and asians here cuz might be traps.....most convincing to be traps think is the light skin and lack of hair

Thats like saying that everyone should be proud for doing something any normal person can do just because they did it for one solar revolution. It isnt an accomplishment.

This is honestly the problem with the millennial mentality they want a pat on the back for something that anyone can do.

>literal autism
Not everyone can do it, the vast majority of people couldnt do any of those lifts for a single rep. Most people have the potential to do them but never will because they lack the knowledge or motivation to lift regularly for a year or more. Its not a difficult concept

My 5k PR is sub 15. Of course I’m a skelly. How many bulky guys do you think get XC scholarships?

As a powerlifter in the 181 weight class I couldn't 2/3/4/5. Ohp max was 205 and bench was 285. Squat and deadlift were 485 and 565 respectively. 2/3/4/5 is not proportional for most people's strength.

Everyone here has pulled ur mum and she's at least 4pl8

My current best bench is 185 x3 and squat is 245 x3
Is it realistic to think I can reach I can hit 225/315 x3 by February?
I am currently 152 lbs, 5'7 (yes I know manlet) and eating at a 300 - 400 cal surplus daily. Doing nSuns 5/3/1 which aims for weekly linear progression.

>yes
what were your lifts when she was sent to you?