What is the difference between power and strength?

What is the difference between power and strength?

Speed

How much time it takes you to generate force with your muscles

Also not everyone can learn power, allot of punching strength is genetically determined and determined in your earlier development. People who do striking and boxing from a young age can develop different muscle activation which allows them to perform more efficient movements.

This is pseudo-scientific bullshit.

No dude you need to be have the right activations.

Impact

Not really.

You see it in boxing all the time. These super buff ripped guys who have zero punching power. Then you'll have some flabby no muscle tone guy like Nonito Donaire with deadly punching power.

Pic related. Tim Bradley has no punching power.

Pic related is Nonito Donaire. Probably one of the biggest punchers in boxing I have ever seen.

Here he is KOing Montiel and leaving an indent of his knuckle on the side of his head.

/thread

fpbp

To be fair, it is still possible to spot. What's big (relatively) on that guy? Obliques and lats. Everything else is small. What produces punching power? Rotation. Specifically, the rotation of the hips, which is partially produced, and transferred up the torso to the arms, by the obliques and lats. The rest of him is tiny, but that doesn't make much of a difference, and could in fact be detrimental, as mass has diminishing returns with regard to power production, whereas velocity is exponentially correlated with it. So, as you said, the guys with big arms often don't have great power, guys with massive torsos and skinny arms are who you need to watch out for.

Totally agree with the point about power production being in part genetic btw. It can be trained, just as everything else, but some people have a genetic inclination towards it same as some have a genetic predisposition towards strength or endurance.

Literally this

Power comes from hips
Strength comes from muscles

>To be fair

Can't read this now without thinking the next words are going to be "you have to have a very high IQ..."

Some solid points there, user.

The saying I'm boxing is that "Punchers are born not made."

Pic related. Another great power puncher BUT he doesn't have a super fast punch like Donaire. Chavez had "heavy hand."

Jesus Christ man that was first degree murder

p4p Chavez doesn't hit anywhere near as hard as Donaire. People tend to get confused by KO records. If Donaire landed as often, and as accurately as Chavez did with as must pressure as Chavez put on then Donaires power would see him obtain far quicker knockouts than Chavez ever got.

Chavez is a better puncher but that's not because he punches harder. GGG is a better puncher than anyone at 160 but I wouldn't doubt it if Jacobs or Lemieux actually punches harder.

holy shit
that nigga put his whole body into that punch

he had old boy doing a fucking jig on the ground

Power is strength displayed quickly.

Will having activated almonds help my activations?

isnt that whats his name john liguini or whatever

He doesn't hit as hard as Donaire but that's because Donaire is quite possibly one of the hardest punchers to EVER lace them up, doesn't mean Chavez wasn't a power puncher too. His punches literally turned Meldrick Taylor retarded.

I agree lemieux is probably a harder hitter than GGG.

>Hitting someone when they're already going down.

What a piece of shit, this isn't MMA.

Lol that hook didn't even connect.

Plus he wasn't down he was on his way down.

>Plus he wasn't down he was on his way down

That's exactly what i said.

That's just a reflex. It's what makes him so good at boxing.

Ya, my bad. Misread it the first time.

The difference is one of them it gonna fuck you until you love them, faggot

All good my dude.

OP isn't man enough

Explosiveness and speed

Donaire was a hypejob, and lost to any meaningful opponent

i dont even do martial arts and i can tell you that the punch was hard because he knows how to put weight into his punches
it leterally makes no sense that a heavier person couldnt hit harder, if they put weight into the punch

They're the same thing you idiot.
Tyson was a powerful boxer with an immense amount of skill and ferocity.

The douche on the right takes steroids and picks heavy things up.

That punch in real time looks sped up. I can't imagine the amount of torque and speed behind that punch. Ridiculous

Tyson used coke+steroids.

Push vs Pulling

with that taken into account it's still a valid point

STRENGTH = The amount of force you can generate, with your muscles, in a particular direction against resistance.
I.e. "I am *this* strong because I can lift X weight"

SPEED = Time taken to move part of, or the whole, body from one area in space to another.
I.e. Self explanatory.

POWER = STRENGTH x SPEED
I.e. lifting weight/exerting force in a particular direction at speed

Prime GGG punched harder than either
Also it's more GGG's constant power, other guys have more one punch power but every one of GGG's punches are hard, even his jabs have power. His power doesn't fade, it's always there, every single shot. Wears you the fuck down and makes your fear him. That's what power should be, not one punch huge swing power

That would be epigenetically determined if it's true.

OK then, how do I improve my power?

Power is how quickly you can demonstrate your full strength potential.

Read what this guy said

And that's why you keep your hands up at all times.

But he got countered throwing the right. He literally did nothing wrong. Donaire is just like 4x faster than him.