How do i get up in the morning and get motivated while battling a drug addiction

how do i get up in the morning and get motivated while battling a drug addiction

try not being weak minded

You stop being a fucking pussy and deal with life like the rest of the planethnic. Drug addicts are the biggest retards on the planet

Just replace the addiction. What drugs anyway?

>Better not be some bullshit like "addicted to sips"

Never done drugs in my life. I recently starting smoking cigarettes maybe 2-3 months ago? Barely been to the gym more than 10 times since I started and are half assed workouts, no motivation. Depressed about my job, breakup, etc. No motivation at all shit sucks

What drugs user?

Force yourself to do it. Don't put yourself in a halfway house situation and take control of your life like a man. I had to do it. 3 years sober

Coke, Alcohol, Weed, sometimes other.

all these are easily quit
stop being a pussy
man up and deal with it

I was drunk Sun-Weds nights.
But I worked the night shift tonight,, and my idle hands were occupied, plus I can't drink before work. Duh.
I want to slow down. But after three days without I feel so good I think "wow, I feel great, let's just go have a few..."
That turns into 8 - 9 pints.

>I'm too old for this.

keep yourself busy. Is there something to look forward to? Spend some time outdoors, even if its just walking around, eat at a new place. You'll come to realize life is worth actually living.

At dawn, when you have trouble getting out of bed, tell yourself: 'I have to go to work — as a human being. What do I have to complain of, if I'm going to do what I was born for — the things I was brought into the world to do? Or is this what I was created for? To huddle under the blankets and stay warm?'

— But it's nicer in here ...

So you were born to feel 'nice'? Instead of doing things and experiencing them? Don't you see the plants, the birds, the ants and spiders and bees going about their individual tasks, putting the world in order, as best they can? And you're not willing to do your job as a human being? Why aren't you running to do what your nature demands?

— But we have to sleep sometime ...

Agreed. But nature set a limit on that — as it did on eating and drinking. And you're over the limit. You've had more than enough of that. But not of working. There you're still below your quota.

You don't love yourself enough. Or you'd love your nature too, and what it demands of you. People who love what they do wear themselves down doing it, they even forget to wash or eat. Do you have less respect for your own nature than the engraver does for engraving, the dancer for the dance, the miser for money or the social climber for status? When they're really possessed by what they do, they'd rather stop eating and sleeping than give up practicing their arts.

Is helping others less valuable to you? Not worth your effort?

Thank you for those who provided useful advice.

Concentrated power of will and a very good reason to quit
I was a borderline alcoholic but lifting gave me something to work towards and a reason to stop boozin

Try meditating. I'm not kidding. Right when you wake up, sit in a comfortable position on a pillow, and either close your eyes or focus on one spot or object.

Breath in and out and don't get hung up on your thoughts. Let them happen and let them pass. Try 10 minutes every morning. There is no crazy spiritual shit to it, it is just training yourself mentally.

If you can quit cold turkey, do it. You will see how much better you feel soon after. Having your mind and body clouded by shitty substances is awful.

My entire family was destroyed by addiction issues, the only drugs I ever used were weed and I still drink on special occasions. My life has been SO much better without weed, and I wasn't even that heavy of a smoker.

Fill your time with things that improve you in any way possible. Read books, meditation/yoga, lift weights, do cardio exercises, go hiking, cook something, literally anything.

Hopefully you get over your problems and your addiction, you're gonna make it brAh

I'd lick those feet clean

>motivation is the sustenance of the weak

You think that you need to be motivated to do something. That's technically true, but you need to be strong enough to keep doing it when motivation wanes.

Marcus Aurelius ?

Basically this.
I've been doing a lot of weed and booze in the past.
Sobered but a mind of an addict that is drinking anything there is to drink, and also there's no such thing as a one beer, stayed.
Just man the fuck up homeboy

stop being a faggot

thats all i can thonk even scrolling this far down....i dont even like white women but she has lovely feet

how can you not like white women

Thats def(definitely) Marcus Aurelius

>Coke, Alcohol, Weed, sometimes other.
lol are you srs i know a guy that dabbles in meth, heroin whatever he gets his hands on stop being a faggot

idk, dont get me wrong loads are hot, but i have a drive for indian women...only redpilled british ones though