QTDDTOT

Zap that thirst! Edn.

Once on a while (once or twice a month) are energy drinks OK to use as a preworkout?

Other urls found in this thread:

stuff.co.nz/world/australia/97445486/australian-boy-dies-after-neck-pinned-while-benchpressing-at-gym
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What are some leg excersise that doesn't involve the lower back? I injured mine and I'm trying to stay away from anything that involves activating the core.

try single-leg exercises like lunges, split squats, one-legged rdls, etc.

Nice. They don't involve the lower back right. Also I'm considering replacing back squats with front from now on, any drawbacks to this?

not really. just make sure to do extra hamstring work and you should be good

Is it okay not to do deadlifts too? I feel like it's a recipe for damaging my lower back again if I just slip my form one time.

My left shoulter hurt when i take the bar to do squats what it can be?

I just started lifting, but I'm a little bit worried that I'm not working out my abs enough.

I did a few situps yesterday, and I couldn't go through even twenty very quickly. Sure, nothing was holding my feet down, but it was pretty disheartening.

What should I do? Or, what should I incorporate? I'm currently doing 5x5s.

I only use energy drinks as a preworkout. I order a case of /sips/ off of amazon about every other month. It's cheaper and a better appetite suppressant (cutting) then regular preworkout.

yeah of course it's okay. deadlifts aren't worth the risk imo especially if you already have lower back problems

Situps are a meme and are back for your back.

If you want to hit abs, cable crunches are great and much better for your back, and you can actually progressive overload.

You do need more than the core exercises for abs, so don't listen to those who say otherwise. I do planks and the aforementioned cable crunches.

So what do deadlifts train on besides strength. My goal is aesthetics.

How do you fill out the space between your elbow and your bicep peak on an unflexed arm?

You see it so much on those dudes with arm sleeves to where their whole arm looks huge. Is that simply the tattoo or is there a way to mimic that fullness?

It’s ur inserts bro 8((

OP here. I have found exactly the same thing. They suppress hunger so well and give you supreme focus. Thanks

Roughly how many calories does a typical full body workout session burn? Think Workout A from SS or SL

>woke up in the morning, didn't feel like having breakfast so didn't eat anything, had a coffee with no milk/sugar
>16 hours later, still haven't eaten anything
>feel full as fuck
Anybody?
My breath stinks but my stomach just feels so full, what's going on? This isn't the first time it's happened mind you.

Whenever I go down on a leg press my knees spaz out and jump around a lot. It isn't fluid at all.

How do I stop this?

>squat

Can't, have broken wrist

Ab exercises are a joke. Just get big and lean and your abs will get big.

Haven't been to the gym in over a year and lost a lot of weight. What's the best routine to get back into it

I don't see how a 16 oz sugar beverage would be good in any scenario.

If you really need preworkout, just get some coffee or if you're really burnt out, 5-hour energy.

After a year of nothing? Honestly a beginner routine to get you back to square 1.

So back to stronglifts 5x5 or something?

Any of you guys actually get women? Like women that aren't just whores who just want sex?

Was laughing at a penis inspection day meme and I remembered something from when i think i was ~5 , dearest tendie vendor mother took me to the doctors i think he said he was checking if my testicles had dropped. Did i get molested Veeky Forumsizens

Absolutely moronic post

or SS or GSLP

PSA
Smoking weed every day is a meme.

Rack pulled five plates for the first time and felt NOTHING
Also saw my best friend die in my dream.
Feels are fucking me over.
Goddamnit it's all my fault.

I'm obese fuck who went to gym first time two days ago
and I can't move my arms they hurt so much
not sure if I should go again today or wait a few days

Go.
Best way to make the pain go away is movement.

Yes go again. Go at least 4 times a week mininum. Count your calories, get a lacrosse ball. Do something else besides arms or whatever the hell you did to make them sore. Keep going user, never stop and you'll make it.

Nothing makes the pain go away

Get out of your head and into your body.
The pain will be there, but it doesn't deserve center stage.

they told me I shouldn't go more than 2 or 3 times a week
I mean its my decision but they said it would be too much

thank you I will head to the gym now

Who the hell is 'they' Fuck those people. Keep trucking, be careful, and good luck. And beware the crabs in the bucket
"You are who you choose to be"

IT'S A MINDSET

I have about 20 white t-shirts and 7 of the same grey pants. Always wearing the same white-blue Nikes for the past year now.

Thought it would be time to get some proper clothing and not seem like a fucking autist that wears the same shit everyday.

What's some recommended clothing to wear at a gym?

Deadlift is a good excercise to gain strength. A friend of mine who's a pro boxer does them 2-3 times a week along with some bodyweight excercises like pullups etc. They also build your back , but basically train the entire body. If you're just going for aesthetics there is absolutely nothing wrong with not doing deadlifts. Imo, don't do them or do them light. I have back problems too but I do enjoy deadlifts, I just put 80kg on the bar and do a few high rep sets, I'm probably stupid for doing even that but I really really like that excercise, I sometimes feel a slight pain on the right side of the lower back and immediately stop.

>I sometimes feel a slight pain on the right side of the lower back and immediately stop.

inb4 australia kid 2.0

200-300

Basketball shorts

When I do hanging leg raises, I don't feel them in my abs, but in the top of my quads. Am I doing something wrong? I thought this was supposed to be an ab exercise.

Do you feel the abdominal activation correctly when doing laying leg raises?

What am I doing wrong here? Why am I not losing weight?

It feels like I'm completely oblivious to something obvious here

Can you elaborate please? I have no idea what australia kid is.

My bad he killed himself on bench press, not deadlift

stuff.co.nz/world/australia/97445486/australian-boy-dies-after-neck-pinned-while-benchpressing-at-gym

disregard my post, I suck cocks

So my muscles aren't hurting anymore the day after a workout, do i still need to rest them for a day?

How long have you been cutting
probably not working out hard enough senpai

Depends on your workout but soreness and recovery are almost entirely independent things.

I was eating at 1300 for a year now and I recently upped it to 1500 when I started lifting last month. I struggle to eat that though without going over a macro.

I'm 5'4 female, 162ibs. There's plenty of fat to lose but it's just stopped coming off

Oh okay, I thought he crippled himself while deadlifting or some shit. Had me worried there pal.

Hate to tell you but you're gonna need to be going under 1k.

Your recommended intake is about 1500, which is what you're eating.

determine if its when your arms are moving to grab bar or if the bar is sitting uncomfortablyl on your back. if its arms your shoulder blades are tight, if back then maybe you are placing the bar wrong.
do cable crunches as someone else said but also see if your gym has a adjustable decline bench, or even just an decline bench. do situps on that, never do sits up on the ground.
sips are not a good idea. it accelerates your heart too much. one of my coworkers just went to the hospital because she drank five hour energy too much. you should avoid them.
front squat changes the load on your back and may be perfect for your back. when i do back squats i find my form can break at high weight and i activate my back, front squats i never do that even if form breaks.
lot of them are curl bros. they only do one curl too. do hammer curls, it will work the longer head of the bicep as well as brachioradialis making your arm fuller. it will reduce the peak in relation to the elbow and make it a fuller arm.

Recently I've noticed this very soft, jiggly fat around my waist. I'm losing weight overall and my lifts are stalling, but I'm eating less than I did before (hugely stressed and my depression is acting up). Why am I gaining fat so easily if I'm losing weight?

actual weight lifting doesnt burn that much. gona need some cardio and less calories to lose weight.
you have taken the fasting pill. join us brother.
you dont need a wrist to squat fyi. but maybe change up leg placement and distance from each other.
yea that will work. there is no trick to starting again just go to the gym and get moving.
no many docs will check. they will make you cough as well, its to check for hernias.
its only your fault if you do nothing to improve your situation user.
just starting go 2-3 times a week to allow for recovery. i can go every day now and not be tired but at first i was exhausted at 2-3 times. what you have is doms, doing a light weight exercise will help recovery as it pumps blood to the region. doms goes away once blood starts pumping. but if it hurts just take day off its early in lifting for you.
at the gym? just other t-shirts and better fitting pants or different shoes for each day.
thats common, leg raises hits the lowest point of your abs which is very close to your legs, hwoever bend your knees. this will help you focus on ab activation. also if you are a girl there is a chance you can get a workout induced orgasm from leg raises so fyi be prepared.
1500 is more for a guys tdee. women should drop to 1200 or 1300.

>lot of them are curl bros. they only do one curl too. do hammer curls, it will work the longer head of the bicep as well as brachioradialis making your arm fuller. it will reduce the peak in relation to the elbow and make it a fuller arm.

sorry not brachioradialis but brachialis. its a smaller muscle inbetween biceps and triceps. hammer curls will hit both anyway and will fill out the area between bicep peak and elbow.

I'm on a low glycemic diet and I've lost quite a lot of wieght (I was slightly overweight and now I've reached my "normal weight"). Since I'm on track with the diet I thought it might be the right time to start exercising,I would like to focus on my core (for a slimmer waist and a flatter stomach you know) does anyone have any tips on which exrcises I should focus on?

I've been lifting 3x a week and running 30 minutes 3-4 times a week (10-12 minutes of those are uphill/strenuous) on rest days, with good results. I want to start HIIT to get faster and cut more fat - lifting strength is not so important to me. Should I do HIIT after lifting (as per the stronglifts website) or on most rest days? (I want to have at least one day of no strenuous exercise)

Pullups and planks.

Pullups are a great fucking exercise in general but they really work the core.

Your body doesn't burn fat in the area that gets worked out. Rather, it pulls fat from all over to burn. Fat burning distribution is based on genetics and doesn't always line up with fat storing distribution genetics. The burning sensation you feel when working out is not fat burning, but a buildup of lactic acid, iirc.

Core workouts are still good to do, they are great for health, physicality, and at a low body fat you get to have sexy abs, but they do not allow you to target weight loss in your waist/stomach.

The more I think about it, the women's health meme of doing nothing but core and cardio is probably why there are so many fridge bodies around.

what's a good ab exercise I can add to the end of every workout?

doing p/p/l and the routine I'm following says hanging leg raises but I don't own a bar (I do pullups hanging on a wall)

I need to add some high bar squatting back into my training (carryover to oly stuffs on the side), I have two dedicated squat days a week, will make one of them high the other low bar. Now, is there any glaring up- or downside to using one or the other Monday, and the other Friday? I know this literally comes down to preference usually but I love to minmax shit.

will I fuck my shit up (in terms of cheating myself out of gains) considerably if I only t-bar row for the foreseeable future? have an injury that prevents normal bent-over, pendlay, or yates rows, and DB rows are fine but trying to get an adequate volume and weight on them is not worth the hassle.

if you want a slimmer waist lose weight and train your ass. it will make the waist look slimmer in relation to a wider butt. also if guy do shoulders, that will make it look slimmer too.

do HIIT after or on rest days, your choice.
see answers for no downsides. only low bar wont help you with highbar but not really a big deal doing each one once a week.
t bar rows are great.

how in the fuck does someone fail so hard at looking like a 40's-50's pinup girl?

>only low bar wont help you with highbar
Hm k thanks. Might highbar first in the week then so I can go balls to the wall on my beloved low bar on Friday and rest over the weekend. I read one has a bit of carryover to the other but not the other way around, but I always forget which is which kek

t bar rows are indeed great, I love them, I was just asking if they will leave me with any imbalances or other missed gains in comparison to doing the same volume on bent overs or pendlays. ...I probably just have analysis paralysis and should be glad I can still row in the first place lol

nah they hit lats and upper mid back region. rhombs and rear delts. i do them more as for whatever reason my shoulder blades hurt doing barbell rows and i havent noticed any deficiencies.

Cut my hand at work today, doctor told me not to use it for today so the cut has time to properly close. I don't have time on Sunday because normally that's my only rest day (doing PPLPPLX). Can I do push day and leg day on the same day tomorrow? I know it might be a bit exhausting but it sounds doable to me.

schweet, thanks. what worries me a bit is fairly shortened ROM in comparison but that might just be my huge ballsack and strongfat belly being in the way topkek

Can I do (fairly steep) incline bench on both OHP and bench days for assistance? It should hit shoulders and pecs (maybe those a bit more) both breddy gud, no? Reason is, I am pressed for time in the gym and nobody uses the dedicated incline benches on those days, while doing anything with the adjustables and DBs or whatever would leave me waiting for Chad to tend to his tindergarten for ten minutes every time.

How do I into kettlebell swings? Just hip hinge with momentum and then aggressively glute-fuck the lockout, or are there any cues I'm not aware of? Everybody says they should hit your gloots like nothing else this side of hip thrusts but I can do them for sets of 20 with a challenging weight and feel pretty unaccomplished.

Interesting. I told my doctor I was eating 1500 and she was shocked I was eating so low. I'll go back to 1200 then

Knowing how to hip hinge is the most important thing.

The finished position should basically be a plank where you tense everything i.e. glutes, abs, quads. Do a "hiss" to blow our air and create a stronger abdominal contraction.

The major mistake I see people making without realizing is this: once you finish the repetition, you must be patient before beginning the next. You're not supposed to start bending at the waist and pushing back your hips before your arms have fallen back down and the bell almost hits you in the nuts. In other words you don't move the bell down, the bell moves you down. You'll know it instantly when you get it right.

Also, don't forget that serious KB guys can do single arm swings with the 48 kg KB, so if you feel like KB swings are easy, maybe it's time to challenge yourself a bit (but practice form first).

On a final note, if glute size is all you're after there are better exercises. The KB swing will work your glutes and build strength that transfers well to many things, but it's not a bodybuilding exercise.

How do I become
R̈́͋̏̽̒ ͣ́̎E ̋͗ͣĀ̂̂ͫ͆́̃ ͛̈̈́͊̉̂̍L ̓̈́L̉̈̊̀̈ Ỳ̄̔̆ͮ ͮ͊̀̑ ̐ͧ̐ ͯ̃ͪ̔̾ ͦ͛͋̔̑F̎͆ U̿́̇̂͂̏ ͨ̿ͬͤͨͧ̾Aͫ͋̌̓ͤ ͫ̌̉͌̉Rͤ̍ͧ͆ͦ K̊ͧ̄ͭͬ͂ ̓̈́͑̉ͯ̿ͮIͨͩ ͌͂N̾͋ͨ̉̊ ͗ ̓̌̆̏̈́ͭ͆ ͐ ͋ͦ̆͌ͦ̈́ͭB̄̄ ̒́͑ͪ͑̈Ḯ̔̃ ́̍͑G̊̓͌ͧ ̈͛̀ͩ̈

So I measure uncooked bacon at 111g's and when cooked it weighed 46g's. That's a pretty significant difference. Should I put the cooked or uncooked weight into MFP?

Cutting is hell.

>1500 is more for a guys tdee
Absolutely not you dumb fuck. Why are you giving advice on this if you're just making shit up?

Seems like I get the form right then, will try going a wee bit slower on the way down to really let momentum drag me down but besides that, seems sound.

>challenge yourself a bit
I use the 16kg for multiple sets of 20 with short rests, which when I started out raped me for one set of ~10 kek. Maybe I should humble myself a bit by going heavier, but I'm always cautious of hurting myself with such big weight jumps. Maybe I'll try getting to continuous sets of 50 like my old coach used to do, and then up the weight to work back up.

>glute size is all you're after
Noooo no no. I do them for conditioning and strength and because I really love doing them, the whole glootmax thing is a welcome side effect I'd love to have too. Didn't even read about that being so much of a factor until I had been doing them for weeks lol

So to recap, pay even more attention to form, maybe try going up in weight. Nice.

Thanks a bunch lad!

No reason why not, if you have time. Put your wellbeing first though and make sure you let your hand heal.

If you use the grease for anything else, or pour it over afterwards, or heck drink it, use the uncooked weight. If you pour it away and pat most of it off the bacon, putting roughly 50 should suffice. Most of the lost weight is water and the aforementioned fat, so this is hard to pin down anyway. Doesn't MFP have cooked bacon in it too? Haven't used it in ages, so I might be wrong here.

Look for the uncooked item in MFP. I believe you're more accurate with raw items since cooking may differ.

bump

pls responf

if it helps I'm 57kg and 5'10

Thanks for the info my homies. MFP does have cooked bacon in it, so I may use that. I scanned the barcode for the bacon I was eating, and just put in the raw weight for now.

both seems fine. if you're cutting that hard that something like this could fuck your whole calories and macros, you have bigger problems anyway haha

Haha, nah. Quite the opposite actually. I've never actually properly cut, just clean bulked, so getting into the swing of things is a little tricky. In a clean bulk, if I fucked up, it just became a dirt bulk for a day. In a cut, it feels like a mistake sets me back a few days or a week from my goals. A messup by a few hundred calories won't even be noticeable at my level.

Plus the reason my previous cut failed was because I didn't track rigorously. Apparently being a huge math nerd actually helps me relax and know I'm making progress.

Anyway, ramble aside, thanks again for the answer. Seems like it matters little.

Just got a job, work 2 days off 4 days on
currently doing canditos LP Hypertrophy, what should i do now to fit my work schedule? i want to go to the gym on my days off since i dont have much time. doing so would make me have 1 days rest instead of 2, would i end up over training? currently cutting if that matters
OLD : LUxLUxx
NEW : LUxLUxL and repeat

took me years to realize that a slip-up on a cut is just that. a beer or three with the lads, or a good serving of mom's stew will throw off my weekly calories by a couple hundred, big fucking deal in the big picture of losing 20lbs. but yeah, people on here who post threads about having eaten a snickers and asking how much of the calories they retain if they barf it up are basically anorexic runway models with a different physique goal.

anyway, keep on keeping on, we're all gonna make it

For sure my man. I always knew this intellectually, but it really hit home when after a bunch of binging, I had still made progress; just not as much. Makes sense when you think about it. One pound is 3500 cals. So if you eat 1500 less cals a week, that's still at least some weight being shed.

I feel bad for the guys who post here about having a night out with the ladz and drinking too much, and the entire night seems to have had a damper put on it because the OP is freaking over

exactly. there is paying attention to your diet and nutrition, and there is OBSESSION. like, recently I tried to talk some sense into an user who wanted to throw the whole Veeky Forums lifestyle overboard because he could not function on 1500kcals a day, both in the gym and outside. So I suggested he mayyyyy just need to up them to 2000 (his maintenance was 2300ish or so) and see how he liked it. cue 50+ posts of -300 DEFICIT NEVER GONNA MAKE IT OH MY GOD THAT WOULD TAKE HIM LIKE FOUR MONTHS MUH SUMMER ABS. well, get fucked bois, I took over a year to cut 35lbs but I enjoyed the ride and made strength progress, big fucking deal in the big picture

Am I training too hard?
My heart rate goes over 200 when I´m around VO2 max, maximum I reached was 211 after sprinting ~3km uphill on a bike doing 30ish km/h average speed.

At what ponint is the heart rate too high to safely workout?

From a purely mathematical standpoint, max HR is estimated via (208 - (0.7 x age in years)), generally. That's a more accurate formula than others, like 220-age.

Obviously some people will vary on that, so don't take it as gospel, especially if you're pushing VO2 max. A few of the major Heart orgs recommend up to 85-90% of HR max during high intensity exercise.

I don't know how they came to that percentage specifically, but that's the recommendation for general populations.

I can't seem to maintain the valsalva during squats. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? It doesn't matter how much weight is on the bar, air still seems to seep out.

Is a dip machine any worse than a weight belt and bars? Loading up the belt is becoming a pain as the one my gym has is sort of shitty

I'm trying to gain muscle, I'm attempting a really clean bulk, though I don't understand all this as much as I should.

I don't know my body fat, so I'm working with just my weight and height.
I'm 180cm/63-64kg and multiple calcs calculate between 2100-2400cal TDEE. Should I average that out and consume +500, or would I gain too much fat too quickly that way? Right now I'm consuming about 2300-2400cals every day, going to the gym 3 times a week since last week. Never worked out before this.

Will I gain any muscle this way, or is it too low? Eating about 160g of protein a day. Thanks!

Tips on quitting smoking? Smoke cigarettes by the way.

I stopped when I read that vitamin B6, which happens to be in protein powders raises the risk of lung cancer by 30%. Also for my gf who stopped and I started shortly after, don't want to temp her. I also started buying higher quality food based on the cigs I don't smoke.

You can do it bud, I believe in you!

My calorie app substracts digestion calories, so for example if I eat 3000 a day, it substracts 300. Should I eat 3300 a day if that's my goal, or stay at the 3000?

I quit cold turkey and what helped me a lot was saving a few images of those people with throat tubes on my phone. That shit disgusts and terrifies me.