He doesnt train sprinting

>he doesnt train sprinting
fun as fuck and great for your physique, cmon guy

Other urls found in this thread:

bakersfield.com/news/oildale-man-sentenced-to-years-for-hate-crime/article_86bbf6bb-8d2c-5afa-a53f-1cacc545feed.html
jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=403120
ajs.sagepub.com/content/18/4/379.short
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16790540
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18550323
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9489830
dumbrunner.com/training-news/2017/1/20/mans-anecdote-contradicts-research-on-knee-health
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw used to get up at 4am and go sprinting in november

Id like to start doing that. Sprinting. Theres got to be some kind of science to it. Im sure you cant just do it everyday.

Around a mile my neck starts to stiffen. Am I fucked? It's pretty uncomfortable

You dont sprint for a mile you moron

Let's be honest: sprinting does jack shit for your physique. Basically you spend 30 minutes to an hour looking like a tryhard while burning fewer calories than if you just jogged.

People make this correlation/causation fallacy when they see how jacked sprinters are. The reality is that the people drawn to sprinting competitively already have tons of testosterone flowing through them. They'd look jacked even if they just played soccer twice a week. Sprinting isn't going to do anything for your low-test ass except make you sore and interfere with recovery. You're better off just lifting. Throw in high-rep (10-20 rep) squats if you need to. Much better use of your time.

>Let's be honest: jogging does jack shit for your physique. Basically you spend 30 minutes to an hour looking like a tryhard while burning fewer calories than if you just jumped rope.

FTFY

Sprinting gets your muscles (especially legs and ass) used to explosive movement. Guarantee once you get through the intense initial DOMS that sprinting causes, you will be all around better at lifting.

t. someone who doesn't do HIIT but wishes he did

>sprinting
>fun
kys my man

goddamn this is one of the dumbest posts i've seen on this board

No. LISS is fun.

I would cum on those pecs and abs and clean him with my tongue
If you know what I mean

you're dumb

im pretty new to new fit and read i was thinking
>this has to be the most retarded shit ever posted by anyone on this board

then i read your post and kek'd
thanks user

Somebody Come Look At This Faggot

>tfw would love to run fast
>tfw have flat feet and had ACL three years ago
>have to bike now instead

I usually just jog but whenever I have to chase some bus I feel fucking hyped and uplifted afterwards. Also my legs are long and I probably can reach superhuman speed with some training, what are good beginner routines?

i dont think it's that dumb
he is wrong that sprinting is a waste of time
he is right that professional sprinters:
use roids
do lots of heavy weights
are the top .00001% of the world/in a sport which would seem to be highly genetically refined

sprinting most of my life
>slow
>legs start burning
>feelsbadman

tried sprinting the other day after years of never doing it
>fastest ive ever gone
>legs felt whippy and no burn
>feelsgoodman
what changed? im confuzzled

Maybe you didn't have proper rest between the sprints, or proper nutrition, or you just grew bigger senpai.

U U U U

Im not autistic

But he’s right

I started lifting at 22 as a skinnyfat mid to low test beta

now im on a university track team for sprinting

if youre willing to put 5-8 years of work in you can be a competitive sprinter

it's almost november user, cmon dony be a pussy, start it again

It's also more useful than any of the martial arts in the world. Nothing will help you more in a confrontation with more than 1 people than ability to run fast.

lol my thoughts exactly

you can't always run away from your problems

did hill sprints more than a week ago but I've been too lazy to do them again since

Bad shoes. When your feet hit the ground it shock your spine and bones.

Can you guys recommend lifts and exercises to increase sprinting speed?

>use roids
as does every single top athlete
>do lots of heavy weights
wrong. top sprinters use meme weights and probably couldn't squat more than lmao2pl8

Jeff Cavalier says jogging is the worst of both worlds for your knees, and his word is gospel

yeah cause the goal in life is to be a vain pretty body bodybuilder, not to be healthy, fit, have fun, or do something useful and impressive with your body

squats, deadlifts, variations of cleans (power, hang), and most importantly

sprinting

I feel like an autist when i go out to train sprints, how to pass that feeling? Normal running feels ok

It's right, too many brainlets on this board think you will look like X athlete because you do the sport.

A good example is when people talk about swimming for physique/muscle, lmao fucking retards.

that little shit deserved it.

What did he do?

Before you sprint, just pull out your phone and scream FUCK!

be 5'9

B-but if you're not swole you're not really Veeky Forums! Cardio kills gains brah!

Lol compare that linebacker and defensive end's stomach to a wide receiver's, or a defensive back's nothing but flab compared to abs and a v.

But I do do sprints. After my runs I do a couple of 50-80yard sprints.

you're still slow, you just didn't sprint hard enough to realize it.

I would give so much for the opportunity to make that piece of shit feel as helpless as that little boy will all his life.

Holy fuck who could do this to a child?

I can't tell if this is a troll or if you're genuinely retarded

I have to agree with some parts of his assessment unfortunately. Sprinting doesn't do much in terms of building any kind of physique. Many of the sprinters I went to high school with weren't even jacked, they were just legs on a thin torso, and they were way faster than almost all of the football fucks in almost all short distance events. Lifters just don't want to do endurance exercises because you can't maximize both gains and speed.

I play rugby. Sprint training is essential for me to be good at the game

Jesus fuck look at that torsion. Fucking learn to sprint.

A couple? That's fucking nothing. Here's my high school routine:

5x10m
5x20
5x30
5x40
5x50
Rest between 5 and 15 minutes. For me, more than 7 and I cool down too much.
10x100.
Feet between 10 and 60 seconds between each sprint. Any more rest is a waste.

This is just for 100 metres. I used to specialize in 200 so most days I would take an additional rest and then do 10x200.

You don't do it to build a physique. It is to take away. Sprinting is the best bang for buck for burning fat and building overall speed and power.

>this
Sprinting is HIIT you fuckingg retards. The only better option would be to get one of those parachutes to create more resistance for leg gains. Or pushing a truck in neutral.

I do it on top f my 5k run, so I’m not practicing for the sprints, just adding it to deplete myself entirely and to have som practice in them. I plan on doing a sprint regimen when I finish my 5k on the 21st.

Yo, use this instead.

My sprint training for cycling is doing 30 seconds at max power then going slow for 3 minutes and repeating this 8-10 times.
It seems to be working as im able to put out over 1000 watts or about 15 w/kg for 10 seconds now, up from about 900 half a year ago.

I stopped reading after the first sentence. Holy fuck do you even lift? Like for real? Do know how much fat is burned with sprinting not to mention the benefits to your cardiovascular system.

There always has to be one. Some dumbass who wants to go against the grain because he thinks he’s smarter than everyone else and wants to larp as the worlds best trainer.

You’re like that office clown who when the meeting is over and everyone is ready to go... you pipe and some stupid fucking question (that you think is brilliant) trying to impress everyone with how smart you think you are.

“sprinting doesn’t do shit.”

Holy fuck. There’s always one dyel in the room. Every.Fucking.Time.

can yall post white male sprInters?
black physiques gross me out!

Is this a falseflag? Or are you that insecure and worried that Tyrone dicked down your oneitis before you met her?

I do sprint and it's great. I run 110m hurdles as a hobby

>30 minutes to an hour looking like a tryhard while burning fewer calories than if you just jogged.
Daily reminder that these are the people giving you fitness advice on this board.

>white
>sprinters

L O L

Because my ankles are shit. Sprinting so much fun but cant do that shit. I'm sad.

>Hill Sprints

nig detected

Sprint on a track, not on the street or a jogging trail

But user, I don't need to run from the law.

this chink has a tiny left arm

got 15 years for another crime
bakersfield.com/news/oildale-man-sentenced-to-years-for-hate-crime/article_86bbf6bb-8d2c-5afa-a53f-1cacc545feed.html

Yes you can. Don't be a pussy user

>when a manlet escapes from the pit

Was just getting ready for a jog... can I get a citation on the Jeff vid?

Did you compete in the olympics? How can you sprint that long?

You're totally right, but damn dude your butt was be inflamed.

>sprinting

If anything, it's the reverse. Jeff Cavalier is a dumbass:

jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=403120
>We did not find an increased prevalence of osteoarthritis among the runners. Our observations suggest, within the limits of our study, that long-duration, high-mileage running need not be associated with premature degenerative joint disease in the lower extremities.

ajs.sagepub.com/content/18/4/379.short
>a lifetime of long distance running at mileage levels comparable to those of recreational runners today is not associated with premature osteoarthrosis in the joints of the lower extremities

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16790540
>Long-distance running might even have a protective effect against joint degeneration

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18550323
>Long-distance running among healthy older individuals was not associated with accelerated radiographic OA. These data raise the possibility that severe OA may not be more common among runners.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9489830
>The presence of radiographic hip OA and the progression of radiographic knee OA was similar for older runners and nonrunners.

dumbrunner.com/training-news/2017/1/20/mans-anecdote-contradicts-research-on-knee-health
>People who claim the "it ruins your knees" anecdote are now a laughing stock and are open game for ridicule for the ridiculous amount of studies proving otherwise.

lmfao.
thanks user.
may the gains be with you

-user that just came back from jog to good news

Usually, the people who so adamant about it being bad for your knees have extremely shitty form and are doing too much speed and volume. It's like they fail at the basics.

I get it. You're new to fitness and lifting. You'll learn eventually that sprinting isn't just a waste of time, it's a waste of time that makes you look stupid. But I can't convince you of this over an anime imageboard, it's just something you need to learn in time on your own.

>You'll learn eventually that sprinting isn't just a waste of time, it's a waste of time that makes you look stupid.

I'll amend this by saying sprinting is a waste of time UNLESS you're an actual athlete or a competitive sprinter. For you, a white/asian 20-something graduate of Starting Strength, it's a waste of time