Home Gym?

Is there any good guide to build a Home Gym?

Let me tell you story
>28 years
>Decides to get fit
>Lives in third world
>Job is 7:00 - 20:00
>Make good Doe, have no time to get to gym
>Nearest Gym is almost an hour

Any recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/article/how-to-build-a-home-gym
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1. Move from the third world.
2.Get a power cage, an olympic bar, plates, a sturdy bench and an inch thick rubber mat to protect the floors when you deadlift and a pull up bar.

Basically everything you see in the picture you posted.

Powerrack, 8 45s, 2 25s, 2 10s, 2 5s, and a bar is all you need

Buy strong rack
Plates up to 200kg (you earn money and nigerian)
Texas bar
Bench
dip + pullup station

Optional
>single cable machine 4 tricep work

Was about to stand up but stopped laughing midway through because of the skateboards on the fucking wall.. lmao "SKOOOBS WHERE YOU AT"

startingstrength.com/article/how-to-build-a-home-gym

This is a pretty good read.

This desu.

The initial investment will be worth it in a half month to a year

Im glad im not only who noticed

Where the fuck do you live? Why do you work 13hrs a day?

>Encouraging him to move from his country
terrible advice

>Teacher
It is full time, and usually in charge of postgraduate that have both awful job scheduling and worst time managment abilities, along with the amount of paperwork i have to do for each of my students it actually rounds up between 11 to 13 hrs

This. Let him be the hero his people deserve.

>no bench
>no 2.5s
otherwise yeah, pretty much

more like 5 years, but in his situation with no gym nearby it's a good investment

1 and a half years max if the gym was like 35 a month

Rogue has some good solid shit. Buy during their Black Friday sale.

Fucking nice, how much did that cost?

Like $7-8k. Saved up for a while. No regrets.

Looks nice bro. Any other equipment out of frame?

user this is coming from someone who bought a full rack, don't bother with a full rack. Especially if you are somewhat tight for space like me.

If I could go back I would only buy a half rack, you still get all the safety benefits for bench and shit, without it being so fucking bulky. Sure it's nice to be able to do pullups and the cable is also pretty cosy but in general I think the half rack is more than adequate, especially starting off.

So so far:
>half rack

Then get yourself:
>adjustable bench
>nice olympic barbell and as much weight as you DL +20kg
>olympic DB's and some sensible sized weights for that (eg 4x5kg), buy these later if you are supremely poor

This will sort you the fuck out for at least the next 3 months for DL (unless you think you are going to progress more than 40kg in 3 months), when you max out buy 2x20kg and you should be sorted for another 6 months and so on.

You can get some real nice kit as much money as you want to spend but honesty you can start off for a few hundred.

Smith machine behind the camera and 5-55 lb dumbbells in a rack. Smith and dumbbells were free off of Craigslist.

Build a rack out of 2x6s and black iron pipe. You can easily support 2000 lbs of (2) 2x6s screwed together, so a rack of 2x6s will be superstrong. Use 3/4 plywood gussets at the corners.

Heads up, Rippetoe just released a podcast on building a home gym.

>Nearest Gym is almost an hour
Jesus, where do you live?

I believe the's adding commuting.

This is pretty nice advice

Rogue is known as the company that makes a good product but charges a lot more then needed. You can find same or better quality by looking elsewhere and it will be much cheaper.

CUriously enough, my communiting is not even 30 minutes, the problem s that part of my job is checking projects and thesis (if you believe it is hard to write A thesis you should pity those that check them)

>Where do you live?
I suppose you could consider a small city (t is basically divided by a paved river that is used as fast way to get from one side of the city to the other, problem being gyms are certainly common IN THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CITY, but in order to get there the commute would actually take between 40 to 1 hour

Nice man. How much was that ss bar? I've seen two, for $400 and $200. I'm still abusing my starter BB from an outlet store

is that a pee stain?

No way this is true.

According to this article and someone in /plg/ saying they bent 3 £100 bars until they bought a more expensive one, I’m 95% sold on getting a bar from rogue.

no you're retarded

make sure u buy a good bar. if your bar is cheap and shit it WILL bend and fuck your shit up

Is Rogue the best place to cop stuff if Yuropean? I live in Portugal and here fitness culture isn't that big, only recently it's growing so no really good secondhand stuff nor can I find decent stores located here, I don't have find dishing out money for a proper gym but don't want to go to the most expensive premiumTM shit if you catch my drift just because it has shiny colours

basically what I wanna do, except no kettlebells

I'm thinking of the following

>Power Cage
>all around Oly Barbell
>Bumper Plates
>adjustable Bench
>some rubber mat
>pull up and dip attachment for the rack/cage
>weighted belt
>rings

this seems it will fullfill most of my needs, can use plates as dumbbells in some stuff like lateral raises like lu xiaojun
going to miss cables for the chest and facepulls though

Start your own gym in the area for those money gains

>not having a pissing rug
Never gonna make it

are you sure?

girls always pee themselves when they hit pr's.

jesus, the shipping and taxes literally rape me