At which point do normies (as in, people who don't lift) consider you strong?

At which point do normies (as in, people who don't lift) consider you strong?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=were all gonna make it&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS590US590&hl=en-US&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2nOvkte_WAhWJ1IMKHawnBEMQ_AUIEigB&biw=1024&bih=653
streamable.com/948ot
streamable.com/1dg9y
youtu.be/6kE7bzveF2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Visible abs

When you look like it.

-16+ inch arms
-chest sticks out further than stomach
-6'0"+
-visible abs
-v-taper

pick any two out of those five and if you satisfy the parameters the average normie will consider you jacked/strong/buff/whatever.

thats when normies call you ripped. strong is more a label of function- and they usually call you "strong" when you can do the things they consider difficult with ease. no shit, my family started calling me strong a few years ago when I carried in all the groceries for thanksgiving dinner (up two flights of stairs) in one trip. it was probably a good 75lbs of food, but fucking nothing like a serious deadlift. anyways, they were all impressed when i got to the kitchen with my face red and veins bulging, so work on that.

He's asking how much do you have to lift for normies to think you strong, not how you have to look for normies to think you strong

I got the "wow user, you're strong" from carrying three 20kg bags of concrete, I was 17 at the time and they could have been patronising me tho.

would 1/2/3/4 fit the bill, or still too weak?

1/2/3/4 is superhuman by normie standards.

Literally lifting lmao 1pl8 in any exercise is strong by normie standards.
Yes, they do not realize how much harder 1pl8 ohp is than dl.

0.75/1.5/2/3 is strong by normie standards

50/80/100/140?

When you do something for them that would otherwise put them through some mild case of effort.

>DL 120kg
>think it's fucking pitiful especially since my bench is already nearing 100kg and my OHP is 60kg already
>normie friends think it's impressive as all hell

kg, yep

Neat, I'm basically there as of today.

Do you have short stubby arms?

no, I just have shit ton of problems with my legs because of an old injury, makes them a bitch to train

I have two of those and normies do in fact think im strong even though im still a fat DYEL

Well, my deadlift is more than twice my bench. Bodies are funny like that.

squatting two plates with good form will get you stares in a normie gym

arms and height?

>at shopping centre
>two old ladies sit by a desk, offering up free weeks training at what is actually a rehabilitation facility for God knows what
>I speak to them, it seems like the place is mostly a swimming pool, but it has a proper gym room
>They give me their card
>Look it up later, it's mostly old and/or disabled people

Should I go there, train for a week and get stares?

Height and the chest, which is surprising because my chest isnt that strong compared to the rest of me, maybe just good genes

>Tfw 14 in arms
>I used to have 15 inch
>Why did I stop being a curlbro

Few people in my gym squat more than 2 plates. Fewer still with decent form. 3 plate guy is our gym's superhuman.

Do you go to a commercial gym? those numbers wont even get a head turn in mine. Its one of the only hardcore gyms in my area though, full off powerlifters and ifbb competitors. I just hit 3pl8 squat and feel weak as fuck compared.

This. It is my current goal. Almost there.

my mom calls me strong when i lift the collapsable dinner table up from the basement by myself

Yeah, commercial gyms are full of weak men. Seek out strongman or powerlifting gyms so you know your place.

Why is deadlifting without shoes the preferable way to do it?

physically pick up a random chick = wow you're strong
physically pick up a random dude = wow you're really strong
physically pick up a fat fuck = holy shit are you on roids

natural movement + better leverage + reduced ROM

Eddie Hall is nearly there

Got my first mire after like 7 months of lifting at ~155 pounds soaking wet, and was told I was too big. Normies know jack fucking shit.

When my buddy grabbed my tiddies.

>Be obese 33% bodyfat
>start lifting 4 months ago
>27% body fat
>105 OHP and 180LB Bench from 50 OHP and 90 bench

Am I gonna make it lads?

WAGMI

>WAGMI

wut

We're all going to make it.

Don't normies only care about abs and bench?

google.com/search?q=were all gonna make it&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS590US590&hl=en-US&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2nOvkte_WAhWJ1IMKHawnBEMQ_AUIEigB&biw=1024&bih=653

EYF

This, normies think you are "ripped" if they can see your abs.

They think you are "strong" if you can bench your body weight or 200 pounds, whichever is less (meaning is you weigh 160 pounds you still have to bench at least 200 to be considered "strong", but if you're over 200 pounds the standard is higher).

If you can bench over 200 pounds, don't have visible abs and are over 6 feet tall then you're strong fat.

If you can bench over 200 pounds, don't have visible abs and are under 6 feet you're literally gimli.

>tfw gimli mode.

Normies are dumb.

My mom thought I was strong because I could lift a 40 lb cat litter box into a shopping cart. That was long before I started lifting.

>16+ inch arms
check
>chest sticks out further than stomach
check
>6'0"+
fucking genetics 5'10
>visible abs
How often do you guys take off your shirt in front of others
>v-taper
hardly noticeable with shirt on
Blokes at work accuse me of wearing extra small t shirts to look bigger this checks out

new dyel here, does 1/2/3/4 mean
1pl8 ohp
2pl8 bench
3pl8 squat
4pl8 dl
??

i can bench 2pl8 for reps but can barely do a 3pl8 dl also, my squat sucks too it's at 2pl8
i've been lifting for almost 8 weeks btw

if it's free then fuck yeah

There is no way you're doing a 2pl8 bnech as a dyel and 8 weeks. You're confused on something.

2 plates means 2 plates on a side. So a bench would be 4 plates+45 pound bar = 225lbs.

1 plate OHP would be 125LB

etc...

If the gym room is good and it is reasonably cheap who cares if it was meant for you or not.

>1
gf
>2
Hobbies
>3
Best friends
>4
x$100000 in savings

>do you even life

is he gonna make it?

i can bench 2pl8s with my ass on the bench now
this video
streamable.com/948ot
was taken like 3 weeks ago
but here is my deadpull attempt
streamable.com/1dg9y

0/4/0/0.001

>streamable.com/948ot
You're a fucking idiot, stop trying to ego lift before you kill yourself and/or wast even more of your time.

>At which point do normies (as in, people who don't lift) consider you strong?

When you're able to punch through drywall as a demonstration of strength

KEK

>what is lifting heavy

>what is trying to lift weights that you are in no way ready for

0.75/2/2/3 pl8

>125 lbs

Nice going, dumb ass retard.

>Study engineering
>Construction course, class gets handed projects
>Some lucky fucks get to design a barbell
>Presents it to class
>"We have designed it to bear a load of 150 kg, which is way more than anyone will use outside of competing"
>Mfw

You seriously have no idea what you're doing.
Add an extra plate to the bench press though, don't use safety pins or a spotter though, you got this.

Faggot trying to get people to shit on some random faggot he found online spotted. Kys faggot retard.

2pl8 bench for a manlet with stubby arms is basically the same force output as a man benching 1pl8.

this

I have 14inch arms but I'm 6'1'' and have a decent chest.
I started a new job and on the first day my new coworker asks me for lifting advice although I never told anyone I lift

makes me think of that sexy rogue elephant bar and plates
youtu.be/6kE7bzveF2s

I mEan, it is a lift.

>mfw for normalfags this is what matters and now how much you lift

>streamable.com/1dg9y
what music is playing on the background?

Like it or not, this is what matters to you aswell. You just havnt gotten over the denial phase yet.

pretty much .75/1.5/2/3 in my experience, its common to see bros who bench 80kg but squatting 100 and deadlifting 140kg is unimaginable for 90% of the average male population. even more impressive if you're in highschool like me where repping out a lmao3pl8 squat makes you look like a god amoung men

I go to a uni gym. There's one guy that's a serious oly lifter and a handful of guys who are close to 3 plate squats, everyone else is a joke. Watching dudes with compression shorts and belts struggle at 1.5 plate squats. Sad shit

visible abs, 16" arms non-manlet, or 15" arms for manlets

My friends were shocked when they saw me benching 1.5pl8
probably because I look dyel though.
Also anything over a 2.5pl8 diddly is probably good

>streamable.com/948ot
Goddamn KEK

mmm they're sexy

did they get marked down? that's fucking garbage if this is a project management/design class

>construction course
>design a barbell

??

>two out of those five

>-6'0"+
yes

>-visible abs
yes

LITERALLY PUDZIANOWSKI
PIANA NUFFIN ON ME

>tfw i made it
Finally boys

This is too low of a metric. I say this because i can do this. If i can do it, it must be shit, because I am shit.

I've had normies mire when I was warming up with 175lbs diddleys back when I was part of a NEET program that had access to a small private gym.
By the time I hit my working sets of lmao3½pl8 I had garnered an audience of 12+ people.
Normies are even more dyel than I was.

>tfw use bumper plates to make my lmao4pl8 deadlift look like massive amounts of bar-bending weight to normies

devilish egolifting

2pl8 on any lift is considered strong to normies. Theyve got no frame of reference for which lifts are easier than others.

> Physically blow random dudes

Wow you must go to Veeky Forums

def not 2. lots of people at my gym bench more than 2 plates

When you have ABZ. Normies don't have a frame of reference whatsoever. I presented a pic of Klokov to a female friend of mine:
>Oh, he's not thaat big

????????????

>Oh, he's not thaat big
GOD I bet she is blonde and fucking HOT

I don't know what annoys me more, the fact that they didn't do any market research or the thought that they probably didn't take into account the dynamic loads.

>2/10 see me after the lecture.

but he's not that big

>MDE poster
Nice

It's "normalfags", you stupid redditing newfags.

>5'10"
She just has good manlet radar

This

Nasser the G.O.A.T

whooa here she comes
watch out boy she'll chew you up
whooa here she comes
she has manlet radar