Veeky Forums, how has the experience of having a home gym been for you...

Veeky Forums, how has the experience of having a home gym been for you? I want to build one bc I don't ever want to skip a workout whatever the reason, but that would also make me miss the whole social experience part of the gym I guess. What do you'll think?

i want to lick her fucking armpits

Having a home gym changed my social life for the worst and my body for the better. Lifting at your own pace because nobody is waiting to use equipment, not having to wait for others, being able to eat a meal and drink coffee and watch TV while l workout, sometimes LIFTING BUCK NAKED AT 1:00AM in front of a mirror feels gloriously animalistic, drunk Squats, and truly not giving a fuck because nobody is watching gives you better gains than you expect. However, it eliminates 90% of the reasons to leave your house.

Whenever I have a bunch of my non lifter friends over for drinking, it always ends up with doing shots of whiskey and squatting in my lil babby gym with Pumping Iron playing on the TV. Everyone loves that movie. But I’m also a hermit now.

What would be the least amount of money you could spend whilst still being able to work, arms, legs core etc?

What equipment do y'all recommend if I were to go for gainz?

> Non lifter friends
> I'm also a hermit now
fucking retarded normie fuck off

same experience here
but sometimes i like to go to commercial gym and do some fullbody session or something

You also need to actually have decent discipline when it comes to home gym.
Its a double edged sword, so easy to lie down in bed at home and procrastinate, but on other hand going to gym is literslly 2min and you are there

w h o ! ?

>using google pic instead of Tineye
What a fucking illiterate faggot.

wow, so much better

Tineye is fucking garbage. When I was running both in parallel Tineye never picked up anything

It's great.
>No commute
>Can be naked (prefer just underwear)
>Listen to what I want
>Prepare a meal/shake between sets
>Don't have to share, wait for equipment or plate hunt
>No monthly fee

The only part of going to the gym that I miss is the social aspect. It's very easy to make cool friends and training buddies at the gym. Always cute grils, and that motivational feeling of everyone "watching" during a PR attempt.

home gym would be nice because I can Eric, but going to the gym increases the chance of social interaction and therefore increases chance of tfw gf

pretty much this except i'm antisocial so being alone is a bigger plus

I would recommend buying a home gym to anyone desu, it's just so damn convenient.
I sometimes have my friends over and I put them through a mad squat sesh (they're dyels that rarely exercise at all), if you had actual lifting friends it would be even better.

Home gym is great if you're someone who doesn't want to deal with the hassle of other people. The only problem is that you're not going to buy every machine for your garage, so you'll always be missing something once you get to a certain level. Right now I'd really like to start doing face pulls, but I'm not going to buy a machine just for that.

I'm thinking of joining a cheap $10 a month gym and just going once a week to fit in all the extra stuff my space doesn't have.

>have dyel friends
>destroy them with squats

And that's why you have dyel friends.

pro
>no normies to care about
>workout whenever, can 2 a day or grease the groove on stuff
>no dresscode, can lift nekkid or in my hulk boxers
>blast own music, can do the above while screaming along to viking metal
>can wrestle with doggo between sets
>no need to bring a gym bag full of shit, kitchen and bathroom is thirty feet away
>gf can suck me off while benching kek

literally only con
>expensive, and kinda needs some free space

this girl is literally 12

I bought a used power rack, bench and full oly weights for $150. Quality/new would probably be 10 times that. If you out-gain that set-up you can spend more later.

>the whole social experience part of the gym

you mean the part where you stare at sweaty men who grunt while lifting weights?
or do you mean the part where you stare at naked men in the shower?

Damn, for that price you can save a lot of money, considering the fees of some gym memberships...

Totally jelly, user

I'm not against home gyms, nor regular gyms. I think both of them have advantages and disadvantages. The social experience experience part of the gym can be very positive IMO. I have met many a good lad in my local gym, and I got some social skill gains as well. I wouldn't scoff at that.

Also, if your gym's PT is legit that's a huge plus (for a noob at least).

The fucking FIRST thing I ever do when I get my own place, my own property, my own whatever, is make a gym. I literally don't care if my place is an onsuite one-room and I have to place my bed around my powercage. If there is no room I will sleep on my roll mat with blankets on the floor like some nip. If I get a small house then the fucking dining room or living room is becoming a gym. If I end up in a caravan then I'm building a gym shed. Not like I will ever live with anyone, so my place will be mine alone.

Fuck fees, fuck gym music, fuck traveling to a gym and especially ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY FUCK waiting for equipment and destroying your whole workout because you couldn't get the bar but have to leave to get to work.

Gyms are shitcunts, if the weights weren't in there I'd burn them down. Pic not related.

Use bands nigga

rofl you got BTFO you fucking faggot

You've actually done these 3 scenarios, or you mean someday when you move out you will?

When I buy property that is what I'll do. So far I admit I've only lived in mom's house, army shitholes and student rent-a-dump.

I bought 200kg of weights, a squat rack and a bench, they are all safely stored away in the cellar storage room. I keep the olympic bar, a few plates and dumbbells in my room but I rarely use them, only if I for some reason can't get to the gym.

Waste of money dude, good equipment is expensive and working out at home becomes something completely different than going to the gym. Many exercises will become difficult, like ohp if you don't have enough room under the roof and deadlifts because you need to buy a ton of weights and it'll be noisy as fuck if you live in an apartment. Where will you keep an entire squat rack, and what about all the accessory stuff that usually comes in handy at a regular gym like lat pulldown and tricep/facepull cable machines.

You'd preferably need to own a house, have a lot of free space (an entire room to dedicate) and a good amount of money to spend.