Would eating 200 calories a day be more retarded than doing a water fast for a long time...

Would eating 200 calories a day be more retarded than doing a water fast for a long time? At least I won't have to worry about dying with 200 calories right?
I know they're both retarded, but which one would be less retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fasting is retarded so I guess 200 a day would kill you less

Fasting isn't retarded.

Fasting has many health benefits.

By eating 200 calories a day you're starving yourself WITHOUT the benefits of fasting.

Fasting may seem hard in the beginning, but you will get used to it, and eventually the hunger goes away. Also, fasting teaches you what REAL hunger feels like, not the psychological hunger that most are used to.

If you water fast for a long time you should also consume a small amount of sodium each day.

Doing that will make your metabolism permanently slow down. That's why people fast, so they don't have to worry about that.

lol i thought Veeky Forums was smart

>driving a car without gas isn't retarded

>there are many benefits to driving a car without gas

>by putting a little bit of gas in your tank you're actually hurting your car instead of helping it

Elaborate?

That literally makes no sense to me though. I just want to lose weight anyway so health benefits don't matter too much. But how does literally eating NOTHING have more health benefits then eating a little bit?

Again, how the fuck does this make sense?

Lmao that's what I'm saying.

Human bodies aren't cars.

The biggest bennefit outside of the calorie restriction is the sustained autophagy period. By eating 200 calories you're just saying fuck it.

And as counterintuitive as it may seem, you'll feel more tired and lethargic WITH those 200 calories than without.

And Ill say it again. Unless you have a symptom of meyabolic syndrome then you should not be fasting for extended periods of time. You should be lifting hard and heavy and you need calories to repair and rebuild.

If you have fat to lose then eat on a 16:8 window and water fast only one (maybe two) days a week while eating maintenance the rest of the week.

The only time you should be extended fasting is to reverse metabolic syndrome, and only for a maximum of two weeks with a MINIMUM of a two week refeed following the above schedule. Only repeating the extended fasting periods as long as symptoms persist.

These include:
Type 2 Diabetes
High Blood Sugar
High Blood Pressure
High Cholesterol
Alcoholic or Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease

youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk

This explains it pretty well.

tldr Is that daily reduced calorie intake is known to slow down metabolic functions (so your body expends less energy, since you're getting less) which in turn makes you burn less calories, which means you end up not being able to lose weight without gaining it all back even if you keep eating less than you did when you started.

Alternate-daily fasting is known to bypass this by having you eat however much you like in one day and then nothing in the next day, which doesn't let your body adjust your metabolism because it's still used to the same TDEE from your eating days. It's the same principle behind the "cheat day" people tend to abuse.

If the human body were a car, then it would be a car towing a trailer with a fuel tank attached.

What the fuck do you think body fat is? Extra fuel.

>I refuel my car everyday
Are you retarded? We have a tank, it's called fat.

This is just meme science, lad. You're literally trying to tell me that eating more calories a day will help you lose weight faster than eating less calories. It doesn't make sense. The only thing that matter during weight loss is calories in vs calories out.

>being fat
No wonder you have to resort to this meme facebook diet shit. Lose weight like a normal healthy person retard.

No, I'm telling you no such thing. Your average calorie intake in a week can be the same with a reduced calorie diet and an alternate-daily fasting. If in a reduced calorie intake you eat 1500 a day and in an alternate daily fasting you eat 3000 in a day and 0 on the next, calories are the same. The thing is the second won't make your body slow down your metabolism, which is what is actually important for long term weight loss.

>having fat
>being fat

>That literally makes no sense to me though. I just want to lose weight anyway so health benefits don't matter too much. But how does literally eating NOTHING have more health benefits then eating a little bit?

Think about it from an evolutionary perspective. If your body isn't getting any calories it goes into "overdrive mode" (Super Saiyan, if you will) to get you off your ass to find food. Once your body gets calories you go back to normal mode.

>suggested calories a day is 2500
>healthy bodyfat is 25
>means 1% body fat is 100 calories
Assuming you're lifting weights, your TDEE is going to be over 2000. So in order to not die while fasting you have to be at least 20% body fat, aka fat. Read the sticky.

Fasting is legit. Your metabolism INCREASES while you're fasting and you feel less hungry as time goes on.

Are you actually retarded? A pound of fat is around 3,500 cal.

Are you retarded? It's percentages, not static weight. 25% for someone who is 200lbs is not 25% for someone who is 400lbs. It changes. That's what TDEE is.

I'm not sure I follow your math user. Percentage is you total fat, say you have 15% body fat at 100kg, you have 15kg of fat, 1kg of fat is around 7000 calories, which means a man with 100kg and 15% bodyfat, if he has a TDEE of 3500 (which is a high estimate) can go without eating for at least, if we consider lower than 8% bodyfat unhealthy, 14 days.

I didn't read any of the other responses in the thread, so I dunno if someone else said this, but apparently the reason not to do this is that it may throw you out of ketosis, which is essentially the entire reason to fast. Something something about if you're still taking in carbs you won't enter ketosis, you'll be super sluggish etc, and your metabolism will slow down.

That being said user, I did a 5 day water fast and found the tales of "YOULL BE SO ENERGETIC" to be bullshit. I work an office job and even moving my hand from the mouse to the keyboard felt tiring. But maybe you'll have a different experience. :^)

You're supposed to down a teaspoon of salt in the morning.