I'm looking to get back into lifting, but don't really ever eat at home outside of breakfast anymore

I'm looking to get back into lifting, but don't really ever eat at home outside of breakfast anymore.

How do i get enough calories and protein outside of cooking stuff, that won't break the bank?

I'm 5'9 and like 163. 16%ish Bfp. Live in Austin and my job is basically driving all day. I spend anywhere from 5-13 dollars for lunch/dinner, and 7 or so bucks in snacks.

Other urls found in this thread:

flourishfundamentals.com/recipe-homemade-epic-bars-low-sugar-meat-protein-bars/
yeti.com/roadie-cooler
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Holy fuck
>$7 in snacks
Bro you need to learn to meal prep

Honestly it's mostly on energy drinks

Get a cooler and meal prep. You can eat much cheaper, and better.

It's Texas. And a quarter of the time my car is off. I don't think a cooler would last long.

Also, I don't have a big freezer to store/make ice in.

One thing I do have is like unlimited funds for grocery store stuff, but I don't know what to buy that's not parishable, and in bulk.

I end up eating a lot of beef jerky

Personally, I make a batch of these on the weekends to have for lunch or as snacks

flourishfundamentals.com/recipe-homemade-epic-bars-low-sugar-meat-protein-bars/

Any other good ways to get protein on the go?

>effortless periods

I need dis

I feel like I'm fucked

I'm willing to start interment fasting. But my breakfasts are small and quick, lunch isn't at home, lifting sesh's are around 3-5, and I only am able to eat dinner around 9:30-10:30.

Basically, I won't be able to eat a proper meal afterlifting for like five hours.

Quads confirm

A quality cooler with ice packs will keep shit cool as long as a week under those conditions if kept shut.

I've been blessed recently

So is that my only option? Hauling around premade meals in a cooler?

Or accepting that you won't be able to take advantage of the (minimal) benefits of ideal meal timing.

yeti.com/roadie-cooler

Or a Thermos jar. Or lunch box. Or paper bag.

Okay now this I like.

So eating just a massive dinner and loading up on whey protein and stuff in the morning would work?

You'll be just fine. You could even take whey protein in a shaker cup and drink it with water at the gym. If you're one of the disgusting people who can drink whey with water, that is.

quads and dubs...

Yeah I can def do that

So do you think whey is my salvation here?

And does anyone know what my macros should look like?

Whey is but one option among many.

For macros, 0.7g - 1.2g protein per kg lean mass. Double that if cutting. Beyond that, whatever you feel like to get your kcals in a satisfying way. If you need a lot of kcals, sugar + fat is good. If you need to stay full, just fat or just carbs works well for most people.

Thanks user.