I have pectus excavatum. from what I understand, there are some things I cant do in the gym

I have pectus excavatum. from what I understand, there are some things I cant do in the gym.
Any bros with this? I wanna build mass but I dont want to wreck myself

excavate yourself off of Veeky Forums and into the gym

Get surgery, it's fucking disgusting and I want to throw up when I see people with this syndrome

Unless it's super deep just lift and eat, you'll be good

Kinda makes you wish there was surgery for fetal alcohol syndrome so the rest of us don't want to throw up when we see your face either, huh?

I swear I see this same thread every week. And it's always with the same picture.

>literally being this triggered
just get surge bro

Its always good practice to check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

I had the surgery (Nus procedure) when I was 16. They put a metal bar across and under my sternum and pulled it out when I was 19. It's a major chest invasive surgery, with about a week stay in the hospital after, and brutal recovery after that. The bill was around 72k and insurance covered everything besides 1500. Getting insurance to cover it was a long hassle, but an MRI showed it was pushing on my heart and my parents got a lawyer from their work to fight with their work's insurance. I still have a slight dip there but it's not noticeable. AMA

you can do any exercise with PE. Even severe PE.

PE is a muscle issue, not a bone issue. I had moderate PE, exercise helped alleviate a majority of it. People only notice it if I point it out. And even then, they say it's not a big deal.

Yoga and Cardio alleviated my PE the most. Especially Yoga.

Lifting in general helped build up muscle, which hide the deformity, and also completely eliminated asymmetry caused by PE.

Kek

If that pic is your chest, your chest actually looks almost completely normal

It doesn't seem as severe as some other cases so you're probably fine with most exercises.

You should ask a doctor and not Veeky Forums though.

me too. do I have potential or should i commit sudoku now

>from what I understand, there are some things I cant do in the gym.
wrong. unless you have a severe case of it that limits your heart function.
I have PE and it doesn't affect my lifts at all.
when i was skinny it made me look extra spooky skeleton-like, but building some mass made it almost invisible. i assume this will be the same for you unless you have an extreme case.

Your chest looks completely normal, you're fine

It'll be alright in the end OP

I went and inquired about surgery for mine, but unless your chest is so badly deformed that it's literally jammed up against your internal organs with no wiggle room, you'll be absolutely a-okay physically

Aesthetics is a reason to get it looked at though, if it's really bothering you, just be aware that if you want the better of the two surgeries (the one where the excess cartilage is removed entirely, no metal bar) you're looking at a minimum 1 year recovery time where you shouldn't be doing any lifting whatsoever. After that you're going to be in recovery for another 3 and your body will still be pretty fucked up from it since its major surgery no matter how you go about doing it.

Just learn to love it, thats what I did, women hardly even seem to notice, as long as you've got nice arms and a v taper they won't even notice your chest

i fucking hate retards like you who complain about nothing

I have it and have been lifting for a year+ no problem. Fuck off pussy

this happened to me also

Ignore all the encouragement in this thread, they're doing it for the lulz.

You should just go and take up a different hobby.

Why?

Bodybuilding is literally about one thing and one thing only: Genetics. It has nothing to do with willpower, discipline or motivation.

Your genes determine if you're going to make it, and unfortunately that means No for you.

Any yoga stuff in particular help with your PE?

>mfw i have pectus carinatum

I did the ravitch, you made the right choice. I wanted the shorter recovery time, but my ribs didn't reconnect properly after the surgery and my sternum is basically only connected on the sides.

So... does benching help fill it out at all?

Depends on the case, mine looked better after getting some chest muscle, but now it actually lookz worse as it keeps growing.

Its only gonna get worse if you end up having forward rolling shoulders, so make your priority to get HUUUGE back

this will also pull the ribcage up and back to some extent, flattening it out