QTDDTOT - Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Couldn't help but notice that we don't have one.

Are kegels unhealthy? What about in terms of applying you newly-found strength to edge? I'm worried about backflow.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/05/08/health/salt-health-effects.html
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170827101752.htm
scoobysworkshop.com/protein-calculator/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why are anime fags always dyel? I'm being 100% serious with this question. They're either dyel or fat

I find that most of them are the lazy NEET stereotype who are still living off of their mother's food and don't leave the basement, leading to them being fat, or they're the nerdy types who are doing some sort of hard academic shit, meaning that they've not got the time to work out, making a dyel.

How do I train functional strength? I'm a recovering skeleton and I want to get a job landscaping this summer. Forearms and deadlifts will help me pick up and carry heavy stuff, cardio will give me endurance for working for hours in the sun, yeah?

What tempo is best for strength
Slow or fast with power

If you have moobs when you're chubby, does that mean you have the potential to have great pecs when you're fit?

Get a landscaping job now. You'll be fit for summer.

Consistent. Stop when you start to slow down.

Fat is not muscle.

Probably unnecessary. Squats help pelvic floor strength. And you can edge just by stopping stimulating.

How do I obtain the willpower to not buy fresh baked donuts when they're $0.50 a pop?

Make a list and stick to it. It's only 60 seconds walking through the bakery to get the stuff on your list. If you find something you want/need that's not on your list. Put it on your list for next time. Stick to the list.

We believe in you.

And if you fail one day. Don't worry about it. Do better next time. Because there will be a next time.

I get otherwise healthy things. Like oats and fatty meats / chicken and veggies. It's just so alluring that donuts are so good and cost 50 cents.

I'm sure they are. But it's easier to resist them if you make a list and tell yourself you have to stick to the list.

And you don't have to go without it forever. Just save the junk food for cheat day.

do i seem autistic with i just go to the barber and ask for "a 5 all around"? Im asking not from the barber's perspective, but from the perspective of everyone else in my daily life. Do they look at a simply haircut like that and think I'm a moron?

It's one you can do yourself with a $20 set of clippers and 10 minutes of free time. 15 with cleanup. I don't know why you'd have someone else do it for you.

My standard cut is a #00000 blade all over.

So you look like this? Eh. Could be worse.

Don't know why you wouldn't just go with short sides and back, though.

Short sides and back, btw.

I got 2 months to achieve a 7.5 beeptest for the /aus/ army

My current beeptest score is 3.3

2 questions

1. Besides C25K is there anyything else I can do to quickly improve my beep test score?

2. If doing the C25K (im using an app for samsung) do I have to start from the very beginning which is the
"Jog for 60 seconds than walk for 90, Repeat
for a total of 20m" or can I skip all the beginning part.

Im a fatty who can run 1.8km in 7-8m or 2.4km (1.5miles for you amerifucks) in 15m

How do I ask for that? "5 on the sides and back, plus a trim on top"?

Beep test is sprinting. Do HIIT and run hills.

I do an upper/lower split and want to put more emphasis on my back but try to keep my gym sessions in the 60-75 minute max range. It feels like upper body day just has so many more areas i want to hit (arms, shoulders, chest, back, etc).

Thinking about splitting things up and say doing arms on lower day and/or having some extra back work (traps mostly) on deadlift day. Then do lats mostly with OHP and upper/mid back on bench day. Dunno...

Thoughts?

Sure. Or the lengths: half inch on the sides, inch on the top, or whatever. Or take in the picture of the haircut you want.

You can do two different upper body days. vertical/horizontal movements. Push/pull movements. Compounds/accessories. Whatever you had time for the first day/whatever's left over the second.

Backflow is good, you basically cum into your bladder, then reabsorb the nutrients. Look up "solo male tantra" and "male multiple orgasms"

Except for the risk of UTIs. Semen is not sterile.

How do u get rid of that stubborn muffin top fat, all my other parts are progressing well, my face looks thinner, but that godamn muffin top, i do abs every few days too

Keep cutting. Low back fat is one of the last to go.

Either that or it's your hip bones.

I do two upper workous a day. Right now my U1 is
Bench 3x5
OHP 4x8-12
Row 4x8-12
Bench variation 3x8-12
Facepulls 5x20
2xBicep Exercises (3x8-12)
Tricep Exercise(3x8-12)

U2 is
OHP (3x5)
Bench (4x8-12)
Pullups (4x8-12)
OHP Variation (3x8-12)
Facepulls 5x20
2xBicep
2xTricep

But it feels like just doing that isn't enough back work and adding more stuff just eats more time into my gym session right now

replied to myself, fail,

How much weight are you using?

Pls bully me

>21
>5’ 9
>155 lbs

>Should I cut or bulk?

>I have been going to the gym 3 times a week but looking for some opinions here

You're athlete lean, not model lean. And it's coming into winter. Slow bulk.

For the pulls or main lifts? For Bench its 225 on my 3x5, 185 on my 4x8-12 then under ~165 for the variations. 160 on OHP 3x5 and 120 for 4x8-12

You're doing that every day? Weight on the bar not increasing?

That is from this week. I increase my main lift by 2.5-5 lbs per week and then usually reevaluate my other higher volume days at the start of the month

I haven't had my hair cut in 4 or so years, it goes down to the base of my back. Before that for all my life I always used to have a fade, very simple and repetitive, never anything that required any styling or maintenance besides cutting. I would like something that I can style to look really nice but also wouldn't look too bad when left undone. I'd like it to be longer on the top. Not really long on the sides but definitely longer than a fade. I wear glasses out of laziness but have contacts. What kind of hair cuts that might work for my face? Thanks for the input guys I really appreciate it.

I'd go more volume on the main lifts, say 5x5 to 8x5, doing only one per workout. Then do a similar amount of pulling work, choosing from face pulls, rows, chins, and pull ups. Then one exercise each for bis and tris.

You're probably right. You've added everything you reasonably can to your program. Maybe see how much you can remove and still progress.

Alternately, you can probably cut the higher rep bench/press work after the main lifts, and use the time to do more back work and a couple more work sets on the main lifts.

You might also want to consider something like the 5/3/1 triumvirate where you do one main exercise a day and two accessory lifts. Makes you think hard about what exercises you really need to do.

Man and I thought I was ugly. Thanks for the confidence boost.

Thanks, i dont think its the hip bones. Definitely need more cutting

Oval face, so anything will work fine. Search "men's long hair styles" and pick something you like. Or go to a decent salon or barber (not Great Clips) and tell them you want something long and stylish but easy to maintain.

I think it looks fine the way it is. Just get the ends trimmed.

Is it better to do a home workout today if I can't make it to gym or wait until tomorrow and do a full workout. At home I only have a set of dumbells which gives me pretty limited options for exercises.

Reason I can't go is my car is busted, gym is 50km away and I have no car to borrow. Tomorrow I can use my dad's car.

It's okay to miss a day once in a while. Don't worry about it, but don't make it a habit.

Maybe go for a run and do some pull ups if you really feel you have to do something.

Thanks, the new job that I'm cutting it for wants it above the shoulders though. I'll look around and find a quality barber, maybe go in with a few different cuts I think look good. I appreciate it senpai.

i'm 125 lbs skelly atm. i want to get to 145 in one years time. what is fastest way to do this? should i workout while trying to gain weight?

Cut it just at the shoulders. Or wear it up in an uber man bun. Or learn to braid your hair. Or claim a religious exception as a native American. I bet it would make an awesome fauxhawk, too.

SS + GOMAD was made for you.

You don't want to gain weight if you're not exercising. You'll just get fat.

Face pulls/rear delt iso work on day that I do shoulder or day I do back?

Are rear delts back or shoulder muscles?

Seriously, though. It doesn't really matter. You could do them on legs day between sets of squats if you want. Cumulative volume over time is more important than timing of the isolation exercises, which you do last in your workout anyway.

Not him but to get cut, is it just merely targetting the same set of muscles you want cut (like arms) you need to do a bunch of sets and reps(lighter weight) over and over i guess?

Well they are shoulder muscles, but they get worked on back day during rows and shit anyways.

That's more a result of body part splits being kind of dumb. Really, it doesn't matter much when you do your isolation work.

For a cut it's good to do low volume work with fairly heavy weights (to maintain muscle) while you run a deficit (to shed fat).

Am I doing barbell rows wrong if my traps feel more strained than my lats?

Ah okay, yeah i got the defecit going. Thanks for the tip

are there any health risks associated with GOMAD it just seems excessive but if that is what its going to to take!

What kind of barbell rows? Yates (back at like 45 degrees) or Pendlay (back horizontal)?

how much salt do you need per day?

You'll gain weight. If you're lactose intolerant you might get an upset tummy, in which case you'll need to find something else with enough calories to eat. PB&J is a good alternative.

As much as you want. Or whatever

nytimes.com/2017/05/08/health/salt-health-effects.html
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170827101752.htm

Probably not something you need to worry about unless you've been diagnosed by a doctor with sodium-related hypertension.

Stronglifts says to keep my torso horizontal with the ground.

Trap activation is appropriate. Nothing to worry about.

well then how about if i have no salt lol
because that's how much i want

Might put yourself at risk of hyponatrimia (water poisoning) if you drink too much water. But that's like a gallon too much water for the average person. But your body will start conserving salt in a couple days.

My ass is a shapeless mass of cellulite (femanon, mentioning it just because I know we have different fat storage), in every angle and every light. It's bad. I was 44 lbs overweight before, now just 4. Problem is I did it wrong and just followed a diet without exercising. Can I get rid of the cellulite if I start working out? Will it get better or always be there like stretch marks? Is cardio enough or should I start weightlifting?

5'10 185
If I drop about 25lbs at about 1-2 lbs per week will I keep the little muscle I have?

Is it considered a split if I do kind of a 4 day rotation of back/legs-chest/shoulders-cardio-rest and then repeat? In a span of 7 days I hit each major group twice.

hmm idk mane
i just want low salt intake and still be healthy, but idk what the line between healthy and unhealthy is

I used to lift but stopped 4 months back after hurting my knee. It's better now.

Height: 6'5"
Weighy: 205 lbs

My 1RMs were:
Overhead Press: 155 lbs
Bench Press: 225 lbs
Squat: 335 lbs
Deadlift: 350 lbs

I feel happy with my strength but I still don't look like I lift. I've got particularly small lats and arms. Can anybody recommend me a program that'll get me aesthetic rather than just strong? I've heard good things about PHUL.

should i be doing a split of SS?

height: 6ft
weight: begin(230) current(208)
routine: SS 3 times a week.

i feel weak and am seeing no bench improvement, stuck on 90 pound bench. squats and dead's are seeing small improvement.

I want to get down to 180 before bulking. what should i do?

You probably want to stick with SS until you've built a better strength base.

If you're capping out at a 90 lb bench there's something wrong. Are you eating alright? Sleeping enough?

eating 1600. in 2 weeks ive increased to 100 pounds so 5 pounds a week. but i tend to take 3 minute rests on the sets where i increase. which i have friends who say 3 minutes is way too long for a rest set. making me think im not ready to do the weight?

1600 isn't much. If you cut too hard you'll have a hard time gaining strength and muscle mass. How many calories do you need to maintain your current weight?

Don't worry about taking too long between sets (within reason). I found that I was able to lift with shorter rests after taking creatine - maybe try that?

A general rule of thumb is that you should stick with SS until "linear gains" end. That means that if you're adding 5 lbs/week without a problem you have no reason to quit the program. If you stall, take a look at at why. Are you cutting too hard? Lifting with bad form? Sick? Not sleeping well enough? If it's one of those then fix it, de-load, and continue with SS. If you stall a few times in a row it's time to start looking at other programs.

cheers, my current rest per exercise is
e.g bench
Bar(30sec) -> 20kg(1 min) -> 30kg(2 min) -> 40+(3 min) and i see gains with that system. Guess ill stick with that system instead of 30 sec breaks on my max.

Yeah, that sounds fine. I generally wait 1 minute between sets, 2-3 minutes if I'm trying to PR something.

bump

Will my body distribute muscle in a similar way?

this is a stupid question but where do you guys set the lid down when you take it off the pan
it creates a ring of water, that's why im asking

I guess I just set it down on the burner next to the one the pan is on. Not that it should. I mean, you've got paper towels, don't you?

1600 calories at 208 is not enough food.

yeah but sometimes i have two pans going lol
and idk seemed like a waste of paper towels, seems like the water would still soak through to the kitchen surface and id need to wipe it off anyway

I put it down upside down, put it down on a cutting board, or put it down on the stove top.

If your biggest problem in life is where to put the lid to your pans, I think you'll be fine.

This also works for pot lids

Hey guys. What is the difference between these bars? They seem to be the same weight but I'm not sure.

>upside down
sometimes i burn my hand on the lid when trying to pick it back up
>cutting board
what are you nuts
that's where the food is
>stove top
>bro stop
see

they're the same weight

thank you

pretty sure one is oly and one is for powerlifting

>And you can edge just by stopping stimulating.
I find that extremely difficult, despite trying multiple times I find it impossible to not undercut or overcut the edge.

So using kegels to edge can make you ill?

I believe that the NHS says that you should take no more than 6g, although as far as I can tell the internet doesn't have any info on what the minimum requirement is. All I really know is that you need a small amount for your muscles to function, but that amount is so small that you'd need to be tailoring your diet specifically to avoid salt in order to undercut it.

The sink or the drying board. If the lid's off the pan then I'm done with it.

Besides OHP, what are some exercises that target the entire shoulder?

idk, first link on google gave me these figures

United States Department of Agriculture (USDA): 2300 mg.
American Heart Association (AHA): 1500 mg (2).
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND): 1500 to 2300 mg.
American Diabetes Association (ADA): 1500 to 2300 mg.

and 1500mg sodium = 0.75 tsp salt
AHS however added the caveat that the body can function properly at under 500mg of salt

and i am fully down to tailor a diet to avoid salt, if it's still healthy
i am trying to look cut here

>if the lids off the pan i'm done with it
interesting
you don't use the lid until you've added everything to the pan?
because i have to keep taking the lid off to add shit

under 500mg of sodium*
for whatever the AHS opinion is worth

Besides diet, are doing planks every day enough to get abs? Or do I need to also do leg raises/crunches/etc?

Are those minimum or maximum figures? As for the lid thing, can't you just use a towel?

these are for sedentary normies. (((strength athletes))) generally should aim for 2-6g depending on how much they drink and sweat

i know this is a stupid as fuck question but here goes

what's the optimal ratio of rice to beans (i heard they were a complete protein, right?) for maximum protein? just 1:1 ratio by weight?

my knees hurt....

>what are you nuts
>that's where the food is
better not put the lid back on the pot because there's food in there

they're complete but still very bad and the combination won't increase the quality (biological value). If you're vegan mix soy and sesame protein or buy vegan mixed powder. I hope this helps:
scoobysworkshop.com/protein-calculator/

do leg raises + crunches OR planks
I lift with a med student and he says you can focus on lower/upper abs so it's not broscience. Planks obviously work the whole area a lot

How is this routine?

A
Squats 5x5
OHP 5x5
Bench 5x5
Incline Bench 3x8-12
Calf Raises 3x20

B
DL 3x5
Rows 5x5
Lateral Raises 3x8-12
Weighted Crunches 3x12
Barbell Curls 3x8-12

C and D days are the same just higher reps (3x10) and lower weight (usually around 20ish lbs) for the compounds. I add 5 lbs every heavy day and if I can get 12 reps on the accessories I add weight. I'm a skinnyfat dude going for aesthetics, thoughts?

>If you're vegan mix soy

won't soy fuck my shit up? also i'm not vegan, just poor.

how important is tracking calories? I only track protein and make sure I obtain them from lean sources as much as possible.