Whats Veeky Forums opinion on fruit? what fruit should be eaten/avoided?

whats Veeky Forums opinion on fruit? what fruit should be eaten/avoided?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2841576/
health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/rethinking-fructose-in-your-diet
twitter.com/AnonBabble

only kiwi and bananas. any other fruit is shit for you.

don't bother debating me, you will lose.

the nippo says kiwis are good.
i thought bananas increase estrogen

Literally nothing but edible pure sugar. Avoid at all costs

Any fruits for me, I see fruits as a snack so I just eat what I feel like eating, most fruits are good for you anyways

its natural suger so it should be fine.

this is mom science. dont ever post here agian

>another avoid fruits episode

sugar is sugar dude
you think your body gives a shit where it comes from?

what about bananas? i eat that stuff all the time.

vegan here, most fruits are basically throwing your money away

only fruits really worth eating whole are red bell peppers, avocados, and bananas

the nutrient content of vegetables are far superior to fruit, and if you want antioxidants, add herbs and spices to your cooking, they have about 3x the antioxidant content of berries on average

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2841576/

Blue berries and strawberries are solid options since they are lower in sugar and higher in fiber than stuff like bananas and apples. They also are good sources of vitamins and antioxidants. But they should still be consumed in moderation because of their sugar content.

>whats Veeky Forums opinion on fruit?
Fruit are healthy. This is fact, not opinion
>what fruit should be eaten
Any fruit you like
>avoided?
None
These 4 posters are stupid and their wrong opinion should not be taken seriously

>they have about 3x the antioxidant content of berries on average
Berries would have similar levels if you dried and ground them

what about apples?

you should eat fruit on a daily basis alongside your vegetables and nuts
those three and well, water, must be consumed daily for optimal health

Straight from [big gym chain]'s two week fitness and nutrition school I see

straight out of my country and worlds renowned diet, the mediterranean.

enjoy your diet filled with grains and meat

Who eats dried berries though? Also berries are just not worth the price for what you get, I can get an entire shaker of herbs that will last me for a 3 weeks to a month, but a pound of berries would last 2 days at most.

before globalist supermarket temples of consumerism, fruit was a decadent seasonal luxury to be enjoyed occasionally
some pair well with certain cheeses and wines

now it's "healthy"
I don't feel even one iota like a hipster faggot for thinking any of that

Fruits and veggies are a waste of money desu.

Just get more protein and supply with a multivitamin daily.

Sugar IS sugar you idiot, How about you refute it?

I eat grapes, kiwis, bananas and apples every day

And you propably think that hitting 1/2/3/4 within 6 months of lifting is unrealistic e-statting

Sugar is sugar
Fruit is not sugar
You should either get out of r/keto or stop giving "advice"

Fruit contains sugar, does it not? momscience boy

Yeah when there's fiber in with it your body definitely does care about that compared to eating a spoonful of table sugar

troll post

If you want a slimmer face fruit and veggies are the best for you

Bananas are a starter milk is the only bad estrogen around here don't listen to the rest and eat Greek yoghurt fat is good for your T levels make sure it's not too high

>nuts
im allergic

If you avoid fruit because you think they are unhealthy you should probably put everything you believe about nutrition in a trashcan and start at square one ?

>these are the people giving fitness advice

Oranges tho?

Fructose and sucrose are different. Checkmate.

There is a study that shows fructose promotes insulin resistance more than sucrose. Go look it up lazy faggot.

I don't believe they're unhealthy I just consume shitloads of vegetables since they're superior in every nutritional way.

the sugar in fruit is fine because of the way it's wrapped up in fiber. it doesn't lead to a huge spike in insulin as opposed to white bread, fruit juice, HFCS etc. confirm/deny

health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/rethinking-fructose-in-your-diet

> don't reject a food just because it contains fructose, says Dr. Bruce Bistrian, a professor at Harvard Medical School. "Fructose is naturally found in fruits. Fruits are not harmful and are even beneficial in almost any amount," he explains. Fruits contain lots of fiber. The fructose is bound to the fiber, which slows its absorption. Even more important, says Dr. Bistrian, "fruits and vegetables contain many other essential nutrients, such as flavonoids."
>The nutritional problems of fructose—and of table sugar, which is another form of sugar called sucrose—come when they are added to foods, whether in the form of sucrose, high-fructose corn syrup, molasses, cane sugar, corn sweetener, raw sugar, syrup, honey, or fruit juice concentrates

Veeky Forums reads that fruits have sugar in them, reads that (refined) sugars are linked to health problems, and thinks that fruits are also linked to health problems simply because there's sugar in them. The things that make refined sugar unhealthy don't apply to unrefined sugars in the form of whole fruits. Sugar's not bad in every context just because "it's sugar"

this thread game me cancer. Honestly... how stupid can keto and low carb idiots get when they try to refute that fruit is healthy.

This is just sad..

I mainly eat bananas for calories, potasium, vitamins, magnesium and whatever else they have and oranges for calories too and vitamin C. They are 2 of the most tasty and easy to eat fruits.
Occasionally strawberries, peaches, blueberries and kiwis.
I rarely eat apples because they're boring as fuck, eating 1 big apple can take me half an hour, but they are have very good health benefits like cleaning your teeth

>No mention of apple cider

Feels good man.

>I rarely eat apples because they're boring as fuck

Apples, in particular are very variable depending on variety, organic/non, and storage. Normal grocery store apples are mealy, little flavor, and boring.

Apples are one fruit where organic really makes a difference, try to find unwaxed apples that don't look shiny. Look for apples that have been produced as close as possible and you'll finally see the amazingness that is a fresh, tart, juicy, sour, sweet, crunchy apple.

Fruit is probably the best food for general health and glycogen storage.

I always eat a giant plate of frozen mixed berries before I lift. You'll notice a huge difference.

It has fiber, minerals and vitamins though.

The metabolic pathways of glucose and fructose are entirely different, which is why there's such a massive difference in GI between them. Even sucrose (glucose+fructose) has a significantly lower index than glucose or maltose (glucose+glucose). This is part of the reason why diabetics can tolerate fructose better than glucose.

If you are avoiding fruit, you're on a meme diet and need to learn how to eat like an adult.

Found the if it fits your macros retard who still wonders why he looks like shit even though he eats the "right macro ratios"

>i thought bananas increase estrogen

Really? If there is any link, it's probably small as fuck like most these things people try and hype up as estrogen increasing.