Is it even worth it to lift if you can't get a full nights sleep...

Is it even worth it to lift if you can't get a full nights sleep? The reason I ask is that my wife just gave birth and I've been helping her out every night with taking care of the baby. I probably average about 5-6 hours of sleep per night anymore. I feel like a zombie and haven't had a good workout since the birth. Should I just take some time off lifting until my wife's son starts sleeping through the night?

You just need to focus more on getting sleep to recover. Have your wife take care of her baby. Dont be one of those faggots who give up after a minor inconvenience.

Just workout. Sleep is stupid. You're impersonating death. I sleep 4 hours per night and don't even use a gym and workout for 60 minutes every day with rest days every once in a while. I'm up at 4:00am every day.

My friends are both Army reservists and I outdo them in pull ups and workouts. My Marine friend also gets beat by me running and lifting, even though I never lift.

Stop sleeping. Sleep 4 hours a day, when you hit 60, you'll only have slept 10 years instead of 20 like 8 hour sleep idiots.

Ima skip the gym cause I havent slept at all the past couple days

>marriage
>having children

>doesn't weigh anything so can do tons of bodyweight exercises
>would be btfo trying to pick up anything heavy
nice you weigh 120lbs and can outdo bigger guys with pullups here's a round of applause for you

Does the time you go to sleep matter? i go to sleep at 2 am and sleep till 10. i get 8 hours of sleep and am NEET

If you take time off then you will have to begin all over again. Whereas if you continue at it, your progress won't be as ideal, but you'll still be progressing.

Do you want to continue to progress or regress and pick up at a later date?

Your housewife is supposed to take care of your newborn child and you are supposed to support her and help infrequently.
It helps her deal with postpartum depression and take the weight off.
Oh, and I hope that you're preparing or at least acquiring or helping her cook nutritious meals for her so that she'll pass along good food to the child while she breast feeds.

Also need help with this. I'm in med school, and have tons of studying to do. I don't wanna fail or I'll get kicked out. I average about 5 hours per night but during midterms I sometimes have to pull all nighters. I don't really ever feel tired, but I fear that going to the gym on little to no sleep is doing more harm than good. Should I continue to go and just take more rest days?

>wife's son
Kek

>tfw haven't been able to sleep well since getting out of military
>tfw have to drink nyquil or smoke pot to actually get a whole night of sleep and feel rested

fuck guys

Throw the fucking gains goblin outta window

>wife's son

No one noticed this is obvious bait?

>letting your wife's son ruin your gains

i find that in times of stress and little sleep, it is still important to do physical activity because your body is very prone to getting stiff and developing postural problems when you just dragg yourself through each day like a zombie.

Of course you won't brake any PRs in times of little to no sleep, but you can still get light workouts in, for example some bodyweight exercise followed by a run and stretching.

You will find this will very much help in times of stress and little sleep to get a clear head and regain some focus.

Just make sure you dont push yourself too hard and end up getting winded up and even more exhausted than before

I had the same problem after deployment, put a 10 hour ambient noise video on youtube when you go to sleep, my favourites were either rainy or windy. After a while I didn't need it anymore. also

>smoking pot
don't be that guy

found the jew shilling his white genocide

That's required of you medfags , if med school was easy you'd get more sleep. Maybe consider PA school or nursing

need more info on what you do during the day, do you work ? School? Maybe you need to tire yourself out more with more mental or physical activities.

You (your body) might just be an outlier. Most people really do need more than 4 hours of sleep, this has been proven empirically time and time again. Still, sleep and the brain are not fully understood yet

I work 14/7 and for those 14 days I sleep maybe 4-6 hours a night. I can still gain muscle but it's slower than when I could actually get a full 8 hours.

Just lift. You'll be in a better position the get efficient lifting in when your wife's son isn't keeping you up.

your sleep occurs in cycles that are about 1.5 hrs long. Try to get as many full sleep cycles as you can. If you can avoid waking up between cycles (no 60min naps), this should make you feel more rested overall.

is the kid even yours? lol

dubs confirm truth