Lower back hurts. Can't squat or DL heavy. Don't want to lose gains

Lower back hurts. Can't squat or DL heavy. Don't want to lose gains.

Wat do.

Other urls found in this thread:

sci-fit.net/2017/detraining-retraining/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1. stop doing things that harm you
2. read up:
sci-fit.net/2017/detraining-retraining/

Use machines you dumbass brainlet, also stop curving your lower back when lifting anything, your entire spine should be level throughout

Read McGill books "back mechanic"

thanks both of you I will immediately

I know how to "replace" squats with machines and lunges. But how do I replace deadlift ?

seated rows

do lighter repetitions of everything for recovery, and switch to hexbar

Back mechanics is such a dense, pretty specialized book.Its not Harry Potter, and without a background in anatomy and physiology its hard to make heads or tails of.

To correct you back pain, we need more information.

To start, can you touch your toes, how often are you sitting, how tall are you.

Also, this is all horrible advice. What you need to do is work on core stability. Eevery variation of planks, hollows, and supermans that you can do.

Most lower back dysfunction is a result of a weak core and because in these circles, people will tell you
>Hur dur, deadlifting and squats work the core*

a lot of people get hurt or injured. They do work the core, but not enough, especially when your bracing mechanics are not right.

Next i would take a look at your glutes. A sedentary lifestyle leads to inactive glutes. Dont give me the
>hurdur i squat for the glutes bull shit

your glutes still probably dont function correctly because contrary to popular belief, squats, while they do involve the glutes, do not lead to high glute activation. They are activated even less if your mechanics are bad.

So, first thing you need to do is grab a lacrose ball and sit down on it. Find the tender spots on you glutes, and stay there. Do this for 5 mins on each butt cheek. ( At least 2mins minimum)

Next glute activation,

Get a mini band ( I suggest green or blue) put it around your knees and do 4 sets of 10 of:
donkey kicks
fire hydrants
and side lying clams

finally, do some soft tissue on your hamstrings and stretch them

this should fix your lower back issues

I am a personal trainer, yoga teacher, and i have a degree in this shit.

I also squat 4 plates. All the other tips are just bullshit broscience,

Take a video of your form on squat and DL, check for guides. If you can't figure it out, post here for a check, fit is pretty helpful for that stuff. I like stronglifts form advice, lots of useful knowledge about everything.

>can't get big ugly thighs or a wide lower back
unless you're a competing powerlifter, this is a blessing in the skies m8

>A sedentary lifestyle leads to inactive glutes

KEK, I was waiting for you to pull the le glute activation card

Here's the thing: all of what YOU said and what THEY said is equally bullshit. OP just needs to learn how to deadlift and squat correctly and everything else will fall into place.

This is why people are now ignoring powerlifters or calling them fucking retards.
It's also why no one reads the sticky.

Dude you just made me want to punch a hole through my computer.

You dont think body mechanics have an effect on how you deadlift?

You must be retarded. HO wmuch do you even deadlift? what like 3 plates. dude gtfo here.

Youre some stupid neck beard spreading misinformation. Eat dicks, diaf, you stupid fat neckbeard cunt.

All of these dumbasses are fucktards, the only reason your back is hurting because of either a. muscle injury or b. spine injury with more emphasis on the latter. It's not quantum physics faggot, stop lifting more than what you are capable of that it fucks up your spine posture. Flex all of your muscles as hard as you can to stabilize yourself when lifting, this goes for any compound movement.

Dude you are so stupid. What are your qualifiactions to say that.

This is not true. If youre training hard, pain is a part of it and mobilizing correctly and having good body mechanics will fix most pain.

You have probably 0 experience working with people. have a body fat of over 15% and jerk off to cartoons. get a life dont give stupid advice.

roid rage xD

front squatz baby

You dumbass brainlet, you missed the entire fucking point of my argument, learn to read.

>pain is part of it
Fuck outta here with that bullshit trolling faggot

Dude, your entire point was that he had a spine injury. WHICH IS RETARDED.

Listen, you're stupid. You read that in some magazine or on some dumb blog post. Its okay. a lot of people do what you're doing.

If you've trained for more than a year, you'll know that injury, pain, bumps, bruises are all part of the process.

IF HES HAVING BACK PAIN ITT DOES NOT MEAN HE INJURED HIS SPINE. IT DOSNET EVEN MEAN HE INJURED A MUSCLE.

THE KEY HERE ISNT TO JUST STOP LIFTING. ITS TO PERECT HIS BODY MECHANICS ESPECIALLY TO FOCUS ON CORE AND GLUTE FUNCTION.

READ A FUCKING BOOK YOU CLOWN>

>WHICH IS RETARDED.
Not an argument

>If you've trained for more than a year, you'll know that injury, pain, bumps, bruises are all part of the process.

No, not if you know what the fuck you are doing in the first place, but go ahead keep preaching dumbass shit to gullible people, they don't know any better.

>IF HES HAVING BACK PAIN ITT DOES NOT MEAN HE INJURED HIS SPINE. IT DOSNET EVEN MEAN HE INJURED A MUSCLE.

Pain doesn't just pop out for no reason faggot, it's your brain trying to tell you that something in your body is fucked up.

>THE KEY HERE ISNT TO JUST STOP LIFTING. ITS TO PERECT HIS BODY MECHANICS ESPECIALLY TO FOCUS ON CORE AND GLUTE FUNCTION.

Probably the most ignorant shit yet, no one said to stop lifting completely fucktard, maybe if you would have taken the time to carefully read you would have known better.
Stay mad brainlet

>
>The probability is high
>Every big wrestler juices so if he wants to stand toe to toe with them he need to roid
>>>
> Anonymous 10/16/17(Mon)15:14:18 No.43230661▶
>>

Dude you're a piece of shit. Offer nothing constructive. Give bad advice. Probably have a small dick. Squat less than 3 plates. Virgin. like trannies. To top it all off i bet you have lower back pain.

Spinal injuries are rare and are almost never the cause of lower back pain especially in what im assuming to be a male between 18 and 25.

Don't argue with me, I'm a physical therapist. I treat people with lower back pain for a living. You're spewing bullshit and scaring people.

Not an argument

>No its a fact

No, not if you know what the fuck you are doing in the first place, but go ahead keep preaching dumbass shit to gullible people, they don't know any better.

> Youre the one preaching stupid shit. Dude, if youre actively trying to get stronger and really pushing yourself, injury will occur. It happens. You have maybe 1 or two years of experience judging by what you say. If you keep going you will meet some type of injury.

Pain doesn't just pop out for no reason faggot, it's your brain trying to tell you that something in your body is fucked up.

> Actually there are many studies that attribute lower back pain to the brain. Also, in most cases of pain, it isnt an injured muscle causing the pain, but a muscle thats fixated in one direction AKA tight. Strengthening the core and glutes gives your body more stability whic in turn makes your muscles less contrictive or tight.

Probably the most ignorant shit yet, no one said to stop lifting completely fucktard, maybe if you would have taken the time to carefully read you would have known better.
Stay mad brainlet

> No its not. You're stupid and have no experience with whats being discussed. You basically told him to brace better, which is not going to do didly squat if his underlying mechanics blow.

>No its a fact

You don't get the concept of argument do you?

>injury will occur

Repeating the same shit over and over again isn't going to make it any less wrong

>Actually there are many studies that attribute lower back pain to the brain

Thanks captain obvious, I thought for one pain was attributed to my hair. Also, [citation needed]

>You basically told him to brace better

Still not getting the hand of being able to read huh?

I see you're a newfag and have nothing to offer but ad hominems.You say you are a reputable physical therapist but can't even format a fucking reply let alone structure your arguments properly, gtfo faggot.

Come back when you are at least able to read properly brainlet