JWG - Joint Wrecks General

Hi Veeky Forums, was doing overhead meme extensions yesterday with 20kg and now my god damn left elbow joint is sore/hurting. Any good remedies for joint pain?

eat dikk

Dont do anything with your arm for a week or face an 80% chance of tendonitis

I did something similar recently. Avoid anything that will aggravate it. For me that was any isolation but I could do compounds just fine. Ice it. After about 4 weeks reintroduce isolations - lightly.

Grow up son.

Is there a tricep isolation movement that doesn't risk thrashing your elbow?

Connective tissue work. Do really high rep band pushdowns and band curls and your problem will go away

Nah, they all fuck your elbows.

>tendonitis
Heals with enough rest and is not permanent

You got the tendinitis bro. Massage that shit. Lacrosse ball that shit. Make sure you warm your elbow up before using it for shit.

Come back when you have tendonosis.

I have the same problem. Elbows hurt on overhead tricep extension and skullcrushers so I’m just not doing them for a while, then i’ll reintroduce with real strict form later on. Tricep rope pushdowns feel fine tho so my tricepts arent gonna be completely robbed of their gains

I play jiu-jitsu and powerlift, live with joint pain. Krill or fish oil isn't a meme it makes a 2/10 difference. Eating fish works too. Heat an hour before exercise and ice after, 15 on 15 off till you're bored.

If an armbar goes too deep and I hyperextend an elbow I take 2-4 days off, ice and heat, then ease back in the rest of the week. Hold your elbows in tighter and use less weight, I do overhead press all the time and I'm fine

OP here
How the fuck am I supposed to hit the gym tomorrow brehs

vodoo band from mobilityWOD is clutch, works really quick.

Looks good, but things that look good online tend to be a meme. Anyone have experience with compression?

who said otherwise faggot the point is then he would have to take even more time off

Doing a shit load of band press downs (like 150 total reps) before and after every workout that I do which could potentially stress my elbows keeps the tendonitis away for me.

what is the principle behind these exercises

My shoulders hurt when I'm doing skullcrushers or any particular triceps movement behind my head. Any tips?

The basic idea (which I could be wrong about, but again it seems to work for me) is that connective tissue is relatively poorly circulated compared to muscle tissue, so one way to either increase the rate of which connective tissue recovers/potentially get some hypertrophy is to force a shit load of blood into the area in a manner that isn't going to really stress the tendons/ligaments.

What exercises would you suggest for elbow tendinitis with a band?

>band press down
never mind i am blind

Let it heal and stop doing that shit. Start doing the cable version of it, doesn't hurt my elbows.

rope push down seems to be ok, dips too if you're strict with form, skullcrushers avoid at all costs

take 1 week off doing any tricep related exercises, it'll heal but only up until a certain point and from there you need to introduce low weight resistance exercises to build it back. I have elbow tendonitis and my friend told me to leave it, 4 weeks later it felt the same as it felt after 1 week, after doing some light exercises and slowly building it back up it was fine.
Also learn what exercises work for your body and which don't, there's no 1 size fits all for exercises, some work for some people others don't.

Weird. Skullcrushers don't do diddily to my elbows but rope triceps pushown makes them feel like their being hacked to pieces..

I second this, assuming you mean shoulder joints

exactly, people respond differently to different exercises, do what works for you.. the only annoying part of this is not knowing what will destroy you until you actually do it, so you almost have to get injured to learn from it.