What does Veeky Forums think about people who use machines at the gym?

What does Veeky Forums think about people who use machines at the gym?

Who cares
I use them sometimes, and they're good for old people

I don't think about other people. I go the the gym do a shit ton of 1 barbell lift and go home.

...but what about young people

Yes!

good for old people and women who would otherwise have bad form using free weights.

Machines are great Mr. Fattytoe

I think they're working out
Some of them are good for isolation, whatever strokes your goat I guess

What's your problem bitch?

Great for accessory lifts for high tension. Idk everyone hates in them when nearly all pro bodybuilders used them for some aspect of training

Machines are fine do add variety, isolate a muscle, work around an injury or push it to the very last rep without fucking your shit up.

Not being able to see my dick while i pee aint one, Mr. Permabulker

i use them

>only using machines no free weights
DYEL tier
>only using free weights and mocking people who use machines
pretentious DYEL tier
>primarily using free weights and using machines for certain lifts
made it tier

Fucking asshole! Come here!

Thanks much!

I think you should kys, dont be concerned with what others are doing if it has no effect on you

sage

only three kinds of people at my gym use them

>thicc instagram girls
I don't mind, for obvious reasons, if you have seen some of those gloots do a few sets on the hack squat machine you can die in peace
>old and/or injured people
I don't mind, mirin dedication, we got some 62yr old lady coming in 6 days a week, and a wheelchair bound guy who chest-supported-rows my squat
>swole lads trying to get even swoler by doing insane volume on isolations that you couldn't even safely manage on free weights
I don't mind, learned a couple cool tricks from them even if I don't lift for aesthetics,

I couldn't hate any of those if I tried to.

Awww bitch

Mostly that they are wasting their time

I'm sort of fine with the machine lateral raise, for a very specific period of training anyway

There is always a vastly superior movement to anything done on a machine. Tricep push down machine? Literally just do tricep dips or lying tricep extensions. Etc

Can you try that again but less pretentious?

use machines after your daily compound lift
machines don't tax your nervous system as much as a compound lift and thus you can fatigue those muscles more.

PICKLEEE RIIIIIIICKK! xD

>PICKLEEE RIIIIIIICKK!
what

your pic reminded me to tell you guys something
i started using my gym's inclined benches for curls and i get different angles to workout the different locations of the rep range. a very shallow bench allows me to simulate an arm wrestling movement for example, kinda interedting i thougjt. people did look at me weird though.
i also let one end of the dumbbell go off the bench to let my hand hand touch the bench at an angle too

>THIS IS NOW A PICKLE RICK THREAD

THIS IS NOW A PICKLE RICK THREAD

>THIS IS NOW A PICKLE RICK THREAD

IM PICKLEEEE RIIIICK XDDDDD

You know normally I'd be annoyed, but this thread's fucking dumb anyway

XDDDDDDDDDDD

>guise I just discovered incline curls!
but all memeing aside, they're pretty awesome, yes

Fuck off guys!

>tax your nervous system
why do i want to do this?

ah, misread, you're actually using the bench as a preacher sort of thing, I see. nice

wow pickle rickers in the house

shut the fuck up name fag, nobody asked for your shite opinions

>pickle pony
every day we stray further from the light

newfag

Are the machines really that bad? I'm a relative beginner and when it comes to heavy lifts like bench and stuff I'm not that comfortable doing it without a spotter and my gym only has like 2 or 3 people in it so its hard to just get a random spotter.
Do I just bite the bullet and start doing squats and benchlift without a spotter?

not my problem

Machines have their own uses.

I don't bother myself with paying attention to what others do.

Nothing as long as it's not the smith machine

Nothing wrong with using machines when training with higher volume. Pec dec, rear delt flyes, machine rows, lat pulldown, leg press etc. All useful exercises from time to time, especially when training with such volumes that heavier barbell work would begin to cause too much wear and tear with. Endless sets of benching or squatting can cause tendon problems etc.

>Do I just bite the bullet and start doing squats and benchlift without a spotter?
Yes. Use safeties and learn the roll of shame. Its not a big deal

Just do it pussy, everyone else does.