Guys I'm addicted to cigarettes, i smoke at least a pack a day and I'm 23

Guys I'm addicted to cigarettes, i smoke at least a pack a day and I'm 23
How can i quit, i really don't enjoy smoking but i can't stop the cravings

Other urls found in this thread:

ted.com/talks/judson_brewer_a_simple_way_to_break_a_bad_habit
juulvapor.com/shop-juul
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Start sucking cock instead

either start vaping or quit being a faggot bitch and go cold turkey. you know this already.

i agree, fuck you

how can you not enjoy smoking? smoking is the best.

Try to keep in mind how unattractive the smell is and how pathetic it looks to be a slave to any kind of addiction. Not trying to be a dick or anything, it's just how I quit.

we're not here to baby you. grow the fuck up quit.

Quit fucking smoking you weak little shite. How can you continue going about your life knowing that you are essentially giving money to jews so you can poison yourself? Wtf?

Pure willpower plus talk to doctor to get either therapy for coping strategies or like nicotine patches/gum.

Switch to snus or something. I can do snus for a month or two and stop cold turkey. Only get cravings for a day or so

>quit smoking over a month ago
>feel more terrible than ever
Could this be directly related or am I just fucked up from something else.

I got a sick collaborative agreement for tobacco cessation roll thru homie

if you like smelling like a poor person, sure

vape. vape. vape.

one year to the day since I quit smoking. was on 30-40 a day. smoked from 15 - 34 yo. Best thing I ever did for myself.

DO IT!

start snusing you disgusting faggot!

Medfag here. Stats show most people who quit have to try multiple times. You're on the right path. Get yourself something to add back in nicotine that isn't a cigarette. It helps. Otherwise keep pushing. You can do this.

Oh i would recommend not having a cigarette when you get a craving and after an extended period off time they will mostly go away.

You are fucked up from something else. Unless it's stress that makes you feel more terrible than ever, in this case it could be.

Either going to stop or die. I am 25 and have smoked since I was 16. Developed mild asthma from smoking and now have to carry around an inhaler all the time.

Haven’t smoked since.

Go regularly to a sauna for about a month
also try to replace it with something, when you get the craving go for a run or have a snack just something to keep it off your mind
it will make it easier

Now stop vaping.

This. If you really can't do cold turkey (you can), this is the next best thing.

Once you get over the association with fedoralords you'll realize it's just a nicotine delivery system that more closely simulates smoking than patches or gum.

Anyone quit nicotine and get diarrhea from it? Quit recently and had no withdrawl symptoms until i got a bad case of diarrhea. Like I could shit through a screen foor at this point.

How about just be a real man and pack that lip instead?
It's cheaper, tastes better, less dangerous, doesn't affect cardiovascular exercise, the buzz is stronger, it lasts longer, etc.
>Inb4 grills hate it you redneck
Lol betas

>real man
>has little bitchboy hands

>>'Nother Medfag here
Get prescription nicotine gum and chew as needed. If you smoke to alleviate stress go see a psych to get some anti anxiety meds to help with quitting. Careful with benzos - they're addictive AF and fuck your lifts because they relax the muscles, so if you get benzos only take as needed and after you've lifted.

Become aware of why you smoke in the first place: are you nervous, anxious, horny, stressed, tired, bored, etc. ?

ted.com/talks/judson_brewer_a_simple_way_to_break_a_bad_habit

doctors prescribe benzos for cig addiction? No wonder we are a nation of junkies.

This bitch need to be put back in her place, I mean Raepd

I don't know maybe, it might just be anxiety. I've got neck pain, racing heart, headache, jaw pain, blurred vision, lack of concentration, sometimes vertigo

Congratulations. You've acknowledged the problem, which is more than most people can say about their addictions. I hate to say it, but try vaping. It's what they were actually meant for.

You don't stop the cravings, you get through the cravings.

It's not hard to stop, people just live under the illusion that they can smoke another and move on. Just power through, the cravings end quickly. Get distracted, do some breathing exercises, some cardio, anything that isn't smoking.

It's akin to fasting. Yeah, sometimes you get hungry, but you just don't eat. Soon you feel ok.

The whole thing about smoking is that you need to start enduring you’re cravings and get used to them in order to quit, next time understand they only last 2 minutes on average, quitting smoking is really easy and the withdrawal isn’t that bad either, just think about how much better things will be when you quit.

Same age, same deal

I just quit cold turkey because you look like a faggot when you smoke. You'll be able to get boners better and more often, and you wont get cancer you fucking retard.

If you dont have the willpower to quit smoking then either:
1. kill yourself
or
2. keep smoking and let that kill you

> i smoke at least a pack a day
that's a pack too many
>How can i quit
you literally just stop smoking, right now, and you never do it again

Sounds like heart disease, desu.

I went cigs-snus-chew.

I wanna go back to snus then quit tho, just like you were saying.

Find your triggers. What makes you crave a cig? For me it was booze. I'd smoke 2 packs on a night out. So I quit drinking along with quitting smoking, 12 months free of both.

f-f-fuuuuck....

get your head checked out by MRI user

>real man
>addicted to the pointless kike leaf

KYS

Hey! I'm 23 too! Only I'm mentally ill and have never touched a girl in anyway. Never even had friends before

I was joking, heart disease is extremely unlikely at that age, unless you have a bunch of risk factors and a positive family history.

That being said, your symptoms do warrant a visit to the doctor. Get that shit checked out, kid.

I have had some of them earlier this month, blurred vision (I do need glasses though) lack of concentration and general anxiety, but I haven't had the others until today.

Maybe I just slept wrong tonight or some shit? I really feel tense in my neck and that could cause all the other symptoms. I'm also recovering from a subcutaneous abscess which is what prompted me to quit smoking in the first place.

Snus is really easy to quit. Probably because overall you get less nicotine in a day or something

BEST WAY TO QUIT:

Immediately cut your usage in half. Buy a tin of camel anus and start using one of those to bull the cravings. Do this for about a week. Then switch to snus only. You can double them up if the withdrawals fuck you at work or school or whatever. Then, start mixing in some 2mg nicotine gum. After about a week, go with only nicotine gum. Start mixing that with regular gum. After about a week, use only regular gum or sunflower seeds.

This is the tried and true way of quitting with minimal withdrawals. this method worked for me after 10 years of smoking/chewing.

>camel snus
Gross. Go Swedish or don't go at all

I'd say if you like the Swedish stuff better, it will be less effective as a tool to ween yourself off of tobacco. Tobacco is a boring, pointless drug that is only good at getting you addicted. There are no positives to using it at all. You just blow a lot of money, look like a fool and risk cancer.

I am going to keep shilling the Juul on Veeky Forums until it becomes a meme. Another user told me he was able to quit after I recommended it in another smoking thread. The only time I have touched a cig in the past couple of months is when the battery has died

t. 23 year old who also smoked a pack a day

>dont enjoy smoking

Then switch brands or get a pipe or something, grow your own leaves. Enjoy it, make it something more enjoyable. If you wanna quit because of health, then that's on you, but I've been smoking for a decade now and I couldnt care less. If you're desperate, keep smoking, but smoke less. The dangers of smoking are WAAAAAYYYY over exaggerated; its mostly sensationalism.

go full redneck. worked for me

Literally will just keep you moderately addicted to nicotine until you are weak or at a bar or something, whence you will immediately break and switch back to cigs.

This is terrible advice. Be warned, young people. This shit has more nicotine than cigs. You will become very addicted.

if you can't ditch nicotine then start vaping, feeds your addiction without the cancer shit

Vision problems, neck pain, mental changes?
Meningitis also fits. And with the abscess? Mate, get checked out, this shit ain't no joke.

>without the cancer
You fool. Enjoy your imminent relapse.

I had no fever or other general symptoms by the time I got the abscess drained, so I doubt it entered the blood stream, I also got it drained exactly 28 days ago, so I probably would have been dead by now if I was septic, no?

Get a Juul

juulvapor.com/shop-juul

Just stop smoking.

Was it drained fully? Those things can be sneaky, leave a bit of infected tissue and they spring back up.

Also, shit, up to you, but with the symptoms you described I wouldn't be fucking around. Then again, I'm on meds for anxiety, so my threshold for seeking medical evaluation is lower than for most men.

I had good doctors and got the all-clear after two follow-ups. The cut is still open and I clean it every day or so with saline solution.

And the mental changes can be attributed to depression and anxiety I guess, which is intensified from the managed state because a) I quit smoking, b) I am sick and can't work out and c) I am isolating myself to a much greater degree because of the other two.

But I mean, if this shit keeps up for another day or two I am going to the doctor, no doubt.

Yeah you have a point. I don't even smoke or anything. I just really like Swedish snus. I get a few tins every couple months for a treat.

Whoops

>Real man
>without teeth and gums

>Smile at girl walking down the street
>Black sludge and gum dribbles out of mouth
I'm good man

fr though my dad dips and it's fucking disgusting, carrying a spit bottle everywhere you go, and having the worst breath that you can smell from across the room. Wish he'd quit, but apparently he got on it to stop with alcoholism

Hey, if it's not a problem for you, then enjoy. I just know what happened to me when I tried to keep usage rare like that, it swallowed me whole.

Yeah I seem to have some type of resistance to nicotine addiction. I'm not saying that I don't get addicted, it's just not a huge thing for me. I smoked a couple packs of cigs once and quit because I didn't really like them. It was a bitch for a few days but whatever.

reminder that vaping actively helps lung recover in former hard core smokers/COPD patients

Still a good idea to hop off after awhile though

Vaping blows just stop smoking.