If you could give advice to yourself when you first started lifting, would would it be?

If you could give advice to yourself when you first started lifting, would would it be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F-x6qqNy0mo&ab_channel=ClosingTimeReviews
youtube.com/watch?v=N_9VzG8I48E&ab_channel=CristianCannata
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was pretty young so "start mewing"

Lift weights and eat food.

SS is a meme

eat

don't go literally ass to grass

Take care of your knee bro. Do what the doctors say

Cut the bullshit. This is not "working out"

I know your gf doesn't want you to get big. But she will also fuck you up bro. Drop her and lift

Get strong enough to do proper Chin Ups, Pull Ups, and Dips before you start doing barbell exercises. Achieve this with regular practice and losing weight.

Kill yourself, things just get worse.

kill yourself

Do not try to get out of skinnyfat by bulking instead eat at maintenance or a tiny bit over

Eat more
Start doing squats and deadlifts earlier
Workout like you mean it
Women are gains goblins

dont ever do squat over your toes

Buy bitcoin and bet everything on trump

I'd tell myself to stick to a simple split, drink responsibly and never skip a workout

Do not be a vegetarian, but do not listen to the manlybaconbeard retards who chug bacon grease to spite them either.

Start with something like mediterranean diet or the good version of paleo.

Properly stretch and warmup.
Switch to an intermediate program when you can't progress anymore.
sleep more

If possible I'd tell myself to start earlier. Other than that: Have more patience. Even a minor injury impairs progress more than taking it slow.

Fucking eat. Lean protein, slow-digesting carbohydrates, fruits and veggies.

Join an actual gym instead of doing this bullshit calisthenics and home gym crap.

Lights out 9 hours before your alarm clock is set to go off.

Buy super expensive alcohol. Drink very little of it.

Yes you have pectus excavatum. You should still lift and become the best you can be.

Yes the doctors said skip leg day because of your shit knees. You're still allowed to bike, so commit to that. Cardio is more valuable than lifting, and its still leg exercise. No excuses.

yell "light weight bitch" every PR

Doom/sludge metal is the only lifting music.

Stop eating meat milk cheese and eggs. You degenerate pale skinny twat. Keep lifting your body weight it pays off

something tells me you're still a degenerate pale skinny twat

BENCH. EVERY. MOTHERFUCKING.DAY. BRAH

"Don't stop"

>wasted my prime years as I stopped playing sports and working out

don't fall for rippetoe meme programs, you end up deadlifting 5 plates before you bench 2, train with a lot more volume and actual periodization

correct

Link some albums? Only recently got into metal, it's great for PR. So far I've heard Vulgar Display of Power and Rust In Peace.

Do SS and GOMAD so you can look aesthetic and big.

Start with SS and stick with it till you get some solid lifts.

Then switch to Wendler and do boring but big to get fuarking joocy

Your size will come in due time, just stick to the goddamn routine and dont blast yourself every time.

You need to focus on arms faggot. You're weak as hell and cant move the weight that your chest and shoulders can, dumbass.

Don't be afraid to squat

Get surgery to remove 6 inches off your legs, do rack pulls above the knee, get yoked and make a book about it, promote it through a youtube channel and become famous and rich.

youtube.com/watch?v=F-x6qqNy0mo&ab_channel=ClosingTimeReviews

youtube.com/watch?v=N_9VzG8I48E&ab_channel=CristianCannata

Work abs every day, they recover faster than other shit, no need to fucking wait

Don't let her stop you from lifting, she's literally a gains goblin. Eat too, I know we've been fat our whole life and worked hard to change that but you're skinny now, so EAT. Also change your workouts more often

Eat more, lift more

What do you recommend for abs? I have ignored them for a while, now I am doing a couple planks, some leg raises and side planks too.

Wanted to incorporate russian twists too, but I heard that they can cause injury.

squats work your entire core and will give you killer abs if you do GOMAD to fuel recovery

This sounds like a meme. I already drink like a litre of milk and some yogurt too, per day. Drinking a gallon sounds excessive.

>stop eating meat and eggs
truly the best advice I've read on Veeky Forums

stop talking to your family now

don't break up with them, follow them to germany

READ SS YOURSELF Veeky Forums IS RETARDED