1.What is the purpose of hamstrings in real life(give an example)

1.What is the purpose of hamstrings in real life(give an example)
2.What is the best oblique training exercise(i'm doing crunches and rotating as much as i can in both directions at the end and i NEVER feel DOMS in obliques)
3.How do i target the lowest set of abs(8th, i know i have it and i'm currently doing hanging leg raises and i BARELY feel DOMS in them).

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/
youtube.com/watch?v=7TB0PpIGcX0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

4th set of abs*

weighted hanging leg raises

>1.What is the purpose of hamstrings
Hip extension and knee flexion
>in real life
...as opposed to simulations? Fake life? What?
>(give an example)
Walking, running, sitting, standing, climbing stairs
>2.What is the best oblique training exercise(i'm doing crunches and rotating as much as i can in both directions at the end and i NEVER feel DOMS in obliques)
Farmers walks
Windshield wipers
>3.How do i target the lowest set of abs(8th, i know i have it and i'm currently doing hanging leg raises and i BARELY feel DOMS in them).
See above

1. Picking things up (rolls of carpet, stacks of 2x4s, KO'd buddies, passed out drunk chicks)

>that first question

>Side planks
>Oil wells
>Hanging side bends
>Bicycle crunches

1) Not so much knee flexion, but hip extension (better leverage the more flexed the hip is, gluts do a better job of lockout). So, picking up heavy shit off the ground. You also use them to sprint (look how flexed the hips gets when you start a stride).
2) Heavy squats and deadlifts with a belt. Spine flexion exercises are memes and only build character.
3) Genes and low fat %

just do fucking compound lifts you fatfuck and lose weight.

when will this compounds for abs+obliques meme die

When fat faggots with shit lifts realize that people aren't fucking stupid, don't want to powerlift and stop.

what exactly did you just said? I honestly have no idea.

looks like someone hasn't been doing their front squats

Powerlifters and people who shill 5x5 barbell lifting programs have pushed the "squats/deadlifts/big three lifts are all you need for your core" lie for as long as 5x5/powerlifting programs have been shilled online.

When they realize that people aren't stupid enough to fall for it anymore and many are getting fed up with being lied too...MAYBE they'll stop saying it.

are you honestly this retarded?

look at this skeleton. see how our arms in a lockout are supported by the bones of the arm? see how the legs in a lockout are supported by the bones? now do you see that gap from the ribs to the pelvis? do you think that in a standing lockout the spine can hold and balance a heavy load? no. the abdominal muscles must contract to bride that gap.

See what I mean?

These stupid fucking people who're more then willing to ruin their backs are the ones who'll constantly tell stupid people to do DA BIG LIFTS as their only core workout.

Never mind that litterally every single fucking olympic lifter of note does core workouts
Nevermind that the people who say stupid shit like this will tell you to wear a fucking weight belt which completely takes the core out of it just to egolift up more weight then they normally should be able to.

Ignore absolute fucking retards like this and do your fucking core workouts.

>ruin your back
literally what? using your back ruins it? get the fuck out of here. two years ago I tough my brother how to squat and deadlift. he wasn't that into it, but he still squatted once or twice a week and deadlifted a few times a month. his drunken ass fell out a second story window and fell on rocks flat on his back. he only had damaged vertebrae, no nerve, tendon, or ligament damage. my brother said he remembered to brace before he hit the ground. doctors said people never get out of something like that with only a few broken vertebrates; there's almost always internal damage (organs) and tendon damage. they say his strong back saved him from serious harm.
>belt takes turns off core muscles
go do bicep curls with a broom stick. no matter how hard you try, you will never get stronger. muscles need something to push against. a belt gives your core something to push against to work even harder.

retard and/or troll

Wow, a bullshit anecdote followed by something absolutely fucking stupid.

Thanks for proving me 100% correct.

"Tom never does core isolations"
"Tom squats 250 kg atg"
"Tom has never had a lifting related injury in his life"
Explain with simple, coherent arguments, how is it possible for Tom to have a weak, frail or whatever else you claim, core if he can not only support 250 kg with his back but also squat through a full range of motion, put himself in a completely compromised position at the bottom f the squat, recover from it and lockout.

you seemed slow, so I'd figure story time would help. you want pictures too? I also made arguments which you totally ignored because you're wrong.

That's fucking stupid.
You are fucking stupid and literally wasting everyone's fucking time by normalizing stupid powerlifting and strength training conventions that do not help people in any way.

r u in the matrix

Not an argument

user.
The only people anywhere who still believes the "the only core workout you need comes from the big lifts" are children and the slow.

Go shill that to the idiots on reddit.

And no you fucking idiot. You made A argument. One that has been proven to be bullshit and is called bullshit by literally fucking everyone.

If you use a belt to lift you take your fucking core out of it thus making it useless for strengthening your core and making it useless as a way to make yourself strong overall.

At that point is mere egolifting and masturbation.
You're just getting better at doing a lift.

What you posted wasn't an argument.
It was a perfect world fantasy scenario.
There's nothing to fucking argue.

We don't live in a perfect world user.
Things can go wrong.
Putting people into positions where those things are more likely to go wrong to stroke your own ego over what you think is correct is assholery and fundamentally insane.

Why are you so angry? Is it a coping mechanism for being unable to squat more than 80 kg?
You still haven't explained how can someone possibly have a weak core and simultaneously squat 250 kg

>a belt to lift you take your fucking core out of it

>He seriously thinks the purpose of a belt is to do the abs' work for them

Lol yeah and chalk on deadlifts is basically using a forklift lol amirite?

>hamstrings
good question
>obliques
i've got big obliques by doing heavy compounds but i think it might just be genetic (i have short torso)
>lowest abs
situps???? who cares

strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/
You use more muscles, including the core, when you use a belt

It does take your core out of it.
Bracing your core during a lift is how you strengthen your core.
You're fundamentally motherfucking retarded if you think otherwise
If you can't do it without the belt then you simply can't do it. Your lifts have no real world carry over strength what so ever and you're only jacking off in the gym.

I could squat 315 at 14 and I didn't use a belt.
youtube.com/watch?v=7TB0PpIGcX0
Here's zach, rippetoes greatest achievement, squatting, with a belt.
He's squatting what is essentially what highschool kids will start to consider a big lift with a fucking weight belt.
I could squat 445 as a natural without a belt by the time everything was said and done.
No I didn't and don't use a belt. What's the point.
When I need to to lift or move something I won't have time to put on a fucking weight belt knee wraps straps and a squat suit to move it.
So what's the point?
What happens if i go to brace against the weight belt that doesn't fucking exist so I can lift more then I naturally should be able too?

BTW, your entire "argument" is that some nonexistant person who you magicked up has a huge squat and has never had a lifting related injury.
Once again, that's not an argument. That's you being fucking insane.

>1.What is the purpose of hamstrings in real life(give an example)
Hip extension. Useful when sprinting, picking shit up off the ground, and pushing or pulling heavy stuff such as a truck.
Oh, and fucking standing up. That literally wouldn't be possible without your hamstrings.

>2.What is the best oblique training exercise
I like suitcase carries. Pick up a motherfucking heavy weight with one hand and go for a walk. I'm not talking about a 30kg DB.
Dynamic side bridges are cool too.

DOMS aren't necessarily an indicator of an effective workout. All DOMS means is that you did something you weren't accustomed to.

>It does take your core out of it.
Not that guy but it's actually a fact that using a lifting belt properly doesn't reduce activity of any of the abdominal muscles.
You can do just fine without a belt, and personally I don't want to use one for much the same reason you say you don't. But the fact of the matter is that by wearing a belt to push out against, you are able to create a higher level of intra-abdominal pressure, which means more stability, which means your nervous system will unlock more strength.
That's just a fact. It doesn't matter how awesome you are without a belt (and you should be), you will always be able to lift a little bit more with one.

The entire thing boils down to forcing your body into unnatural positions so that it can slightly work different muscles to help you lift more
And that you MIGHT put on a bit more muscle because you used a belt in the long run.
Problem?
If you're not on gear the muscular gains will be minimal compared to what you'd get from having to lift lower with more volume and do direct core work.

You aren't forcing your body and mentally making yourself do that.
You are physically fucking incapable of lifting that fucking weight without it.
You are making yourself weaker and unsteady in the short term for ego lift gains.
Whats the point?

I think you need to read my post again. I'm very much against using a belt unless you compete and need to reach as high a number as possible.
Still the fact remains that if you put on a belt you can lift more. That doesn't make you weaker.

Riddle me this: you're a strong dude. If you put a belt on right now and squat 105% of your 1RM, did you just make yourself weaker?

Okay.
If I lift with a belt and can't or don't lift anything without it?
Yes.
I'd come to subconsciously rely on the belt and not make the necessary mental and physical adjustments and gains needed to lift heavy shit.

if someone always lifts with a belt, their beltless squat will still go up. no matter how much you train with or without a belt, a beltless squat will always be about 5-10% less than belted

what the fuck man

Up to a point.
Gear has muddied the waters.
What is actually possible and safe for naturals and the nongenetically elite is almost never brought up or even known.

>What is the purpose of this muscle essential for locomotion?

??????

Make you walk like a chad