I train my calves really hard with high intensity but the fuckers won't grow. Are implants my only option?

I train my calves really hard with high intensity but the fuckers won't grow. Are implants my only option?

Other urls found in this thread:

greatist.com/fitness/what-are-fast-and-slow-twitch-muscles
blog.bridgeathletic.com/muscle-fiber-types-and-their-adaptations-through-training
strongerbyscience.com/powerlifters-should-train-more-like-bodybuilders/
strongerbyscience.com/the-new-approach-to-training-volume/
strongerbyscience.com/training-to-failure-or-just-training-to-fail/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How many times per week?

Twice

How do you train them

Calves is literally a muscle that was made to withstands miles & miles of daily running , it can be hammered 7 day out of 7 for hours and you really believe training them twice a week will do anything ?

This Calves are very strong by nature. I saw russian bodybuilding programs where you train calves three times per week. Andrei Aramnau train them every workout in his warm ups.
Try to hit calves three times per week.

Would 7 days a week be best then?

I hate being a calflet

7 day of weight training calves would be stupid , it's an endurance muscle , learn to run using your calves ( forefoot striking ) and you'll develop huge calves +balance & stability

I don't know. Try and you will see. I think better to try 3 times per week first and see how it will go. Try do more volume. Add not only training sessions, but sets.

do stupid shit when your at home like walk around on your toes, bust out calf raises whenever and when you walk push off with your foot hard

holy fucking idiots here. it's not that hard, and also don't fucking train them every day.

you're not training them to exhaustion, that's why they don't grow. you're also not eating enough. ALSO, you are probably not training both heads of your calves correctly. there a TWO heads, which respond better to different exercises. most importantly, YOU'RE NOT TRAINING TO FAILURE. take the muscles to the point where they don't fucking work(twice a week, until you eat and sleep enough and train long enough that your body can heal fast enough to do more), eat lots, and sleep.

Hey let's switch the muscle fiber type of our most important endurance muscle
t.actual fucking retard

High weight low reps for hypertrophy. Not an exception

You know how obese people have mad calves? Yeah, buy one of those vests, wear it daily or at least when you run

???
profit

that's how I did it
except my vest was actual pure fat and not shit i could take off when i wanted
;'(

That's a surefire way to kill your joints. It'll work, on that I agree. But at a small cost.

hey, fucking moron, he's talking about hypertrophy, not fuckin endurance. fuckshitface. high weight, low rep

Nope... seated raises are the only way.
Donkey raises and similar only make them stronger. You have to train the muscle that gives it beefiness.... similar to hammer curls for biceps.

>Anatomy 101

>greentext anatomy 101, but doesn't understand anatomy 101

specific exercises don't give "beefiness." forcing a specific muscle fiber to exhaustion, specifically white fast twitch, causes "beefiness," or hypertrophy.

Right.... which is why the entire NBA of the USA has calves the size of grapefruits....
Or, not.
>enough of this banter

>training to failure drives hypertrophy
>not volume
lol, you are retard

says retards that look at "i think this is what he does to get this or that" or "listen to me, i did this specific thing to do that or this." instead of science and how the body works,. rofl

BUT OK fuckheadneckbeards, you think what you want. learn the 3 muscle fiber types, and what their adaptations are and how you make them adapt.

>iwatchbasketballeveryday,iknowhowthingswork/volumemakesmusclesbiggercuzimsmart

Wear heavy shoes or boots.
Walk every day and hiking the weekend.
And dont walk like a city bitch use all your foot

>training to failure
>science
lmao at you retard

nope.

you dont get size by doing stuff your muscle can do 6,000 reps of. you get size by doing what your muscle can only do 6 of. you get endurance with hiking, you get size with heavy weight training, size is what op wants

>lmao at you retard
says the fuckin retard that doesn't know science

muscles don't adapt to get stronger, or bigger, on better suited for endurance, unless you show them they aren't good enough for a specific task, i.fucking.e. taking them to failure.

but nah mr smart guy, you do you, be small all your life, be a moron, all. your. life.

Do a calf raise after every squat rep

Yeah, I just mean running isn't good for hypertrophy

>SCIENCE SCIENCE MUH SCIENCE, TRAIN TO FAILURE!!!
Then show me researches, retard. Oh, wait, you can't, because what you say is bullshit.

I have literally never trained to failure on any lift ever. My starting bench was 110 pounds at 150 pounds body weight, now its 260 at 190 pounds body weight. You dont need failure for growth.

you put on 40 lbs of body weight, "muscle" i assume.... and got 150 lbs on a lift? you fuckin kidding me??..... sounds like you could have used a trainer.. who taught you how to lift, to fucking muscle failure, so you would have actual results.

yes my training has been in-efficient. this progress was from training twice a week for 2 years.

greatist.com/fitness/what-are-fast-and-slow-twitch-muscles

weird how it toook like 3 seconds to find something. funny how even a shitty off the wall site knows this shit, but you don't... WEIRD RIGHT, but nah, u'r the smart one ;]

Implants will look hilarious, do it and get a piccy for us

And where's da fuck any word "failure" in your mom-science article?

blog.bridgeathletic.com/muscle-fiber-types-and-their-adaptations-through-training

oh look, more shit to say you need heavy lifts for low reps for hypertrophy. GODDAMN. sounds like you don't know a fuckin thing. muscle adaptation comes from failure, not shit you can already do. dumbass

one word of advice:
bicycle

i know words are hard for you, but muscle fatigue, means you took a muscle to failure, "exhaustion" if you need your precious google to define words for you.

>43274806
>you dont get size by doing stuff your muscle can do 6,000 reps of. you get size by doing what your muscle can only do 6 of. you get endurance with hiking, you get size with heavy weight training, size is what op wants
Tell that too fatass or cyclist
All your body don't work in the same way
your clave work like your forearm
This is a multitude of small muscle and you need to work almost all of them for get big
t.6'4

funny how shitfucks like you thing ya know stuff. GOD this is why you're probably 315 lbs of mamma's basement

hey smart guy, you know why bicyclist have huge calves?

Cuz they take all 3 muscles fiber types to muscle failure all the fucking time dumbass. you know why fatasses have huge calves? cuz they do 300lb fuckin deadlifts all day and force their calves to balance themselves till their muscles hit failure and they have to sit down to rest, ya dumbass

>you need heavy lifts for low reps for hypertrophy
Never said opposite, stop invent phrases for me.
>muscle adaptation comes from failure,
How I spot retard.
strongerbyscience.com/powerlifters-should-train-more-like-bodybuilders/
"For muscle growth, volume is priority No. 1"
strongerbyscience.com/the-new-approach-to-training-volume/
"Doing more sets or volume (it’s still a little unclear which better predicts gains, although I lean toward more sets) gives you more results."
strongerbyscience.com/training-to-failure-or-just-training-to-fail/
"3. Training to complete failure likely isn’t necessary to maximize growth – you can likely leave a couple reps in the tank. Unfortunately, people aren’t very good at knowing how close to failure they actually are. Taking a set to failure “idiot-proofs” it to make sure you maximized the stimulus.
4. The bottom line is that training to failure helps make sure you’re actually working hard enough for your muscles to grow, as far as we can tell it’s safe, but it’s neither necessary nor a magic bullet."

>farts

>How I spot a retard.
takes articles by random sites as law.
uses the same website for all "research"
never went to school for training or even muscular anatomy.
not a certified trainer, of anything, let alone fitness/ personal training

but again hey, you're the one here that knows things ;] highfivesmartguy

gnight smart guy, hope people don't laugh in your face irl like they do on the internet XD

>takes articles by random sites as law.
>uses the same website for all "research"
>what are references?
I'm not surprised.

>not a certified trainer
Yeah. Are you? No? Then I'll better listen to real coaches.

>farts

yeah that why i say
>Hiking and dont walk like a city bitch use all your foot.
>dont walk like a city bitch
This work and this is better if you run too

Accept your place as a calflet and get in the calflet pit

>Are implants my only option?
yes, get a noose implant for your neck

>hey smart guy, you know why bicyclist have huge calves?
>Cuz they take all 3 muscles fiber types to muscle failure all the fucking time dumbass

>you dont get size by doing stuff your muscle can do 6,000 reps of. you get size by doing what your muscle can only do 6 of.

Humm

how many sets/reps?

If you really want bigger calves, walk around with a 10 kilo weight vest all day. Increase weight as this gets easier.

I've had large calves since I was young. I've always walked on the balls of my foot rather the heel. Combine that with the various endurance sports I've played over the years they are plenty big.

Tl:dr Walk/run on the balls of your feet everywhere forever

Try weighted stretching, I can seem to find it but they did a study on this dudes calved where they did weighted stretching on one and regular weight training on the other and the stretched one grew way more.

And if you don't want to do that:
They also constantly work when you walk so high volume for calves is going to be massively higher than other muscles, try working them until you get an intense pump every day.

running is so hard to do. Almost everyone fucks up their knees doing this.

>hypertrophy is not endurance
>you use high weight, low rep for hypertrophy

holy shit. Hypertrophy is increase of metabolic endurance and to increase hypertrophy you use high volume low weight.

Calves is weight plus reps.
If you're only doing them a few times a week at low weight, you'll never make it.
I am 200lbs and do calf raises at 3pl8 if not more for 3x9.
I sprint three times a week and when I'm at home I do upwards of 100-200+ calf raises when i'm bored.

It takes forever and it needs to be trained so regularly most people will never notice a difference.

Sounds shit, 19 inch calves and I've never trained them, thank you based genetics!

>19 inch calves and i never train them
So you're a fat shit with a 30%+ body fat.
You're not fooling anyone.
Big people have big calves because it's needed to move their fat asses.
no scrawny fuck gets them without training.

you know, if you researched more you would be able to achieve the same thing you are pulling off with less time put into it. You are working hard, not smart

>if you researched things that don't exist
Calf gains are reps+weight
Everyone ever who has gained noticeable growth on calves has to train them regularly, flat out.
Provide citation or gtfo faggot.

>reps + weight

is this your first time working out or something? If you aren't doing reps + weight then you aren't actually doing anything...

>if you research things that don't exist

what? You realize that bodybuilding is a thing, right?

do 5x10 twice a week or something, just do more sets with more reps

Can't believe nobody has said this yet but calves are entirely genetic

>can't believe nobody has said this yet but you can't grow muscles, it's completely based on genetics
kys

You have to go heavy enough for 8 reps to be a challenge. I do 3x8 with 80lbs single legged and mine are pretty good.

No they aren't you idiot. They just take more work because it's a different kind of muscle fiber.

That's not what people mean when they say calves are genetic. It isn't about fibre type, it's about how much of the calf area is tendon vs muscles. Tendons don't grow an awful lot no matter what you do.

Cycle

How the fuck does cycling work your calves? I only feels it in my quads and gluets

cycle up hill works them for me.

just be fat for the first 15 years of your life then lose weight and get swole
its an abstract feel for sure

>you know why fatasses have huge calves? cuz they do 300lb fuckin deadlifts all day and force their calves to balance themselves till their muscles hit failure and they have to sit down to rest, ya dumbass

nah try at least 8

Does being a landwhale help you FAT FUCK

>forefoot striking
i never knew what this was until i looked it up just now but i've quite literally always done this when i ran even as a kid i thought it was weird at least now i know its good form

>Extremely resilient muscle
He speaks the truth. Some had success with every other day, some do 5-6 days/week.
Some swears by adding plenty of complete rest for the calves (sofa/couch rest of the day, then bed) after each high intensity workout.
It's hard to know which one of these fuckers actually has a good program and whose blessed with good genes.

>Implants
Bro just objectively think about how pathetic that sounds when talking about a muscle

That's some Kim Kardashian tier laziness get the fuck off my board

Im currently doing 100 bodyweight raises with a hold at the top a day, hoping to gain an inch in a month

>Fat joggers have bad joints

This makes a lot of sense desu

Slow controlled reps with 3 sets seated and 3 sets standing, twice a week should be enough.

rofl. actually, yeah the fuck i am a certified fucking trainer you fuckhead, and am employed as a fuckin trainer, ya fuckin smart guy. Thas is how i know you're a dumbfuck who learns his muscle/anatomy knowledge off the internet.

"Muscle hypertrophy involves an increase in size of skeletal muscle through a growth in size of its component cells." first fuckin thing that comes up in google. where the fuck did you learn anything you know? hypertrophy is fucking size, not endurance. Muscular endurance, is fucking endurance.

the fucking shape of your calves is genetic, not the goddamn size.

truth, they are resilient. but it's not about fuckin quantity, it's quality. you train to failure 2-3 days a week u get size, muscles dont' heal in 24 fucking hours.

Muscle failure isn't a fuckin bad thing, morons cry every time they hear "failure" like it's something akin to the goddamn plague. you do 3-4 sets of an exercise that targets both heads of the calf 2-3 times a week, at heavy fucking weight that you can only do 5-6 reps of, and you'll get your fuckin calf size growth. research how to train white fast twitch muscle fibers and you'll figure out muscle hypertrophy

Spinning bike, high/medium level of resistence and pedal using your calves moving your foot up and down . You can do calf raises too but do a lot of reps.

it's not about reps for size. jesus.
it's about forcing your white fast twitch muscle fibers to exhaustion. WFT muscle fibers don't activate until all other muscle fibers are exhausted or you hit the muscle with an extreme load that requires their immediate recruitment. At which point they don't work for very long, as they work off stored energy in the muscle itself. when a muscle contracts in shuts itself off from blood/energy flow which fucking means no more energy comes in to power the muscle. WFT muscles work off stored atp. there aren't many capillaries to add bloodflow/atp while they are being used, hence the goddamn white color, not the red color. ALSO, white fast twitch muscle fibers are what cause muscle hypertrophy, MUSCLE SIZE, so you have to work them to get size. which i just fuckin said comes from extreme load on the muscle to cause them to be recruited and used. BUT NO IT'S FINE, spend 3 fuckin hours on a bike till your other two muscle fiber types get burnt out so they are actually used. smart people here

>Pointlessly hypertrophying your calves
Everyday We Stray Further From God's Light

>running is so hard to do

Jesus Christ we really are on Veeky Forums

>rofl. actually, yeah the fuck i am a certified fucking trainer you fuckhead, and am employed as a fuckin trainer, ya fuckin smart guy
And you definitely a shitty coach.

The body builder guy at my gym with huge calves does his in between every set, every day.

Benching..rest for 2-3 minutes while doing calves
Ohp..rest while doing calves ect.

Mine are in ok shape but I climb ladders all day everyday and then also do cycling. When I jog on a treadmill I put the incline up to 10% grade and try to smash them inbetween sets on the leg press... whatever I am leg pressing I also do for my calves for 10 reps... thing is I have never been able to get doms in my calf.

>actually, yeah the fuck i am a certified fucking trainer you fuckhead, and am employed as a fuckin trainer, ya fuckin smart guy
Maybe you will help me? What program should I do as beginner?