How do I avoid this? My palms are getting ripped

How do I avoid this? My palms are getting ripped.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=noQ2cFjnbfU
youtu.be/otorSGl3sG0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Take better care of your hands.

youtube.com/watch?v=noQ2cFjnbfU

Trim your callouses with some nail clippers user. Clip as deep as you can without hitting any nerves, just get all the excess you can. I've also used a serrated seatbelt cutter to trim the excess off as well.

Learn how to grip the bar first

This, It should never happen no matter how heavy you lift. Also stop doing meme lifts.

Gently sand down your calluses when they become too large.

Wear gloves for any movement in which you apply pulling pressure to a handle thinner than a 25mm barbell, and maybe any heavy pulling you are doing for sets of over 10 reps, where you feel hand damage is possible.

If your hands are getting damaged doing standard pulls, such as rows and the like, adjust your hand placement to press the bar into the fatty pad below the fingers, rather than the natural grip in normal groove of the palm. Your hands are damaged because that fatty strip where your calluses develop is being pinched by the barbell when you pull.

But im lifting myself

OP I'm going to assume you are fairly new because that's when I started ripping my hands.

Here's what you are gonna do. Nothing. First your hands are gonna rip, then you are gonna get callouses then those are gonna rip for a while until eventually your hand will take the load just fine. My callouses are thick and strong but if you look at my hand you can barely tell they are there.

Just let your body do its thing desu

>stop doing meme lifts.
and do what instead?

Moisturize your hands and clip any loose skin.

>Wear gloves

>opinion discarded

This guy is objectively the most correct. Tearing a callus is normal and having a bit of pain, can be normal.
What you posted, is not.
I have only ever seen this kind of damage from faggots who do kipping pullups.
If this is you; stop immediately.

Use copious amounts of chalk and learn to hold the bar properly, as well as making sure to always grip the bar as hard as possible

T. Over 700lb deadlifter who's never torn a callous in their entire lifting career

I bite mine off before they become to big and rip

I unironically eat my calluses in the gym

>gloves

wow

What are the macros for calluses?

post body

You can use chalk, learn how to grip the bar, tear off your callouses, eat them...
Or you can just wear gloves like normal people.

>gloves

THANK YOU MONEY SKELETON

ETH MOON MISSION WHEN

BTC IS AT 6K WHILE ETH HAS STAGNATED SINCE JULY

Well they're basically just keratin and collegen, so pure protein

>no matter how heavy

That's just not true. Doing high volume deads when you 1rm 6 plate is going to cause callus formation, and potential tears, no matter how many times you watch the Rippetoe grip video.

OP watch the the Rippetoe grip video. It's good. Also watch this video. It's the definitive hand care video for lifters.

youtu.be/otorSGl3sG0

Just eat the skin and calluses, man. If I left my hands alone after climbing I think I'd be bleeding all over the gym next time I went bouldering.

JUST all my fucking alts are dumping AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Post your blockfolios, boys. I still can't believe vitalik shilled for this niggercoin on on Twitter.

I'm not implying that gloves should be worn excessively or as a crutch, or any other time beyond these specifics, but thinner pulling handles, such as ~20mm knurled lat pulldown handlebars, have an increased capacity to damage your hands. Nothing is wrong with wearing gloves for that, or for sets of heavy pulls at high volume where you feel significant pinch.

Then it should happen even less, go look up some videos on proper grip

Did a 265lb Diddy lift 2 days ago

Experienced my first ever hand/callous tear.

Shit sucks. Now I'm seriously considering gloves