Thoughts on becoming a personal trainer? Thinking about getting a NASM certificate

Thoughts on becoming a personal trainer? Thinking about getting a NASM certificate.

Anyone?

LUL

I find all the hot person trainers in my area and then sleep with them and get in a relationship then steal their gains for half a year then move on.

>laughing at someone who at no fault of their own was cursed
How to spot a beta. Chad would lift with him every day and get him laid.

I rarely see personal trainers teaching their clients anything of value and to be honest i more often see them teaching them terrible deadlift and squat form and giving them all the wrong cues.

Still seems like a pretty cushy job though

Market is a little flooded it depends on where you live. You have to hustle though.

personal trainers are usually murderers. you a murderer, creep?

PT here. Lemma give you the run down on why we suck if you are serious
>if we actually tried to teach you how to effectively workout, you'd buy 1, maybe two, sessions and never come see us again as you now know everything you need to get fit
>if we didn't constantly have you do meme lifts and machine work, you'd get bored of just doing the same >10 movements every session. I've actually had clients tell me they are utterly sick of doing a main compound lift for their first movement and then the same few isolations/accessories each workout. they hate routines, they want to do random new shit each time, maybe repeat a few movements they liked
>we get our lasting clients by keeping them in the dark, making them feel like they can't get a good workout in without our motivational add, and being their friend

if you are serious, the best thing you can get out of a PT is a quick start (but you can just research online for this so) and form check (but a lot, and I mean a lot, of PTs don't know shit about form other than "keep da back straight" or "arch dat back bro". never mind shit like "am I going too low on squat?" or "should I take a wider stance on DL?")

Atleast you're honest....anyways how much do PT earn anyways and why are they always dyel?

>going too low on squat

>Atleast you're honest
oh here. like fuck I would ever drop those redpills on clients
>how much do PT earn
varies way to much for me to tell you. I clear anywhere between 45-55k a year at my gym, and I also moonlight one the side which can net me anywhere from 10-15k a year.
>why are they always dyel
there is no physical requirement to be a PT, you don't really need anything honestly. I get paid so much since I have a college degree, a PT cert, and am a shredded sick cunt after 12 years of lifting since I was 14. Only one other PT at my gym has a cert, some girl who's basically just copying instagram thot routines. Works well though since she cleans house when it comes to female clients. I can't get a single bitch under my belt. All the other PTs are just guys who casually work out, either are related to the owner or are good with people thus got the job.
butt wink ain't no joke. most people have no idea. I regularly see people squat with good ATG form for their first two sets, then they up the weight. their next two sets because butt wink rekts. then they up the weight again. now they don't even squat anymore, just do good mornings. I've tried to tell them to just keep the weight low, that having good form is way more important than bigger numbers. fratbros never care. oh well, they can take a trip to snap city if they want to so badly

what the fuck is butt wink STOP MEME SPEAKING

when your butt curls forward, thus making your back no longer straight. it can lead to snap city. aka lower back pain or damage.
it puts a lot more pressure on the lower back, very bad. avoid it by either not going so low or lowering the weight
you bitch made faggot

it's what your butt does to every sexy penis it sees

Not a pt here but that's a thing you rookie

>I also moonlight one
???

moonlight on the side YA DURN RATARD

Is it hard to actually get a job as a PT?

Google “butt wink” you fucking retard. There are like a million YouTube videos on it by Omar Isaf and all those fags

i'm scared it's going to be something dirty

>thinking any career in fitness is worth it (PT, instagram fitness model, bber, physique competitor etc etc etc etc etc)

moonlight on the side*
aka I talk rich(er) folks who have home gyms into paying me to come over for private sessions. usually with these people I give better advice and be real with them. these are the kind of folks who don't mind dropping 250$-350$ three times a week for a session, they are too busy with their businesses to plan their own workouts and diets and all that shit. I go hard on these folks. I turned this out of shape fatty from dying at age 65, to a lean, tight, and healthy guy who can run a mile in 5:22. dude doesn't even need me anymore since he's got it down after 3+ years of hiring me but continues to do so because, and I'm literally quoting him here, "saved me more money in health care bills than I could pay you in 20 years of sessions"
great guy
depends. college degree in health related field, good in shape body, and PT cert? shouldn't be too hard. my gym would probably fire one of our lower tier PTs for someone like that instantly.
just some guy in shape with a PT cert? kinda hard, gunna need to find a gym with an opening.
no cert, but in shape? tough if not good with people/good social skills
out of shape and no cert? good luck unless you have 10 CHR
no CHR no fit body and no cert? reroll and try again in next life

This guy is 100% right.
Which is why, if you can't stomach lying all the time for monetary gain, you should get a decent cert and become a strength coach.

>some guy in shape with a PT cert? kinda hard

Damn

>and become a strength coach.
yes
training high schoolers to squat more is so fun
muh football
muh off the line power
muh bench

I tried my hand at strength coaching, it's an even bigger joke of a career field with next to no openings.

only in the sense that you aren't special, getting a cert takes a week, some times a weekend. being in shape takes longer, but still man it's not that big of a deal. a gym would have to be in need of a PT when you come along. they won't fire one of their current PTs for you, some new guy they don't know.
college degree goes a fucking long ass way. you basically go from some guy with a little sheet of paper and a good body to Dr. Gains PhD in Getting Fucking Jacked

what does that mean?

It's about as fun, but you're not lying your ass off all day, generally has better salaries too.

What are some good examples of a personal trainer lying to a client?

noice

>but you're not lying your ass off all day
user
we all do that
every day
all day
to ourselves, to each other
life is a lie
accept it
be free.
>better salaries
in some cases. ain't no high school strength coach making more than me unless it's some big ass school that really, really love it's sports. like some big ass HS in texas or something. which is a very hard job to get as those fuckers will sit as head strength coach for decades til they finally fucking die. most SC are making as much as a teacher really.
see 30% of being a PT is being a good liar/talker

You sure are doing a lot of projecting there insecure faggot

Are gyms usually looking for PTs or not?

Is it worth getting a college degree? I'm already in shit load of debt and I'm also currently in a program in another field unrelated to health and fitness.

yousa fucking retard kiddo

Then you will have to tell your clients that nothing comes easy. As a personal trainer, it's your duty to give people a reality check. I usually gas out my clients every session and they wouldn't be getting bored with my routine, everyday it's different routine but I make sure that they all do their compound movements. You will also have to be knowledgeable and give your clients a lesson on activating muscles and little tricks everyday. Watch ATHLEAN X on youtube and grab a few trick to teach. Also give them a meal plan, people have no fucking clue how to eat and you'll be surprised. Your basic clean cooking skill will make you an extra dough.

>wah wah stop making fun of retards its not fair
lmao

>tfw have a PT because I know jack shit about lifting

maybe I should kms

Hi waifu. How do you charge your clients? Do you sell them programs?

Also what certifications do you have?

depends man. is any job looking for workers usually or not?
>Is it worth getting a college degree?
depends on the degree brah. ain't no one need an African Ritual Sex Studies major
> I'm already in shit load of debt and I'm also currently in a program in another field unrelated to health and fitness.
shieet, I am probably not the person to ask such important life altering things to my guy. If you're already in good shape, and if it wouldn't take many more years/classes to graduate with a health/fitness related degree I'd say yes since you can do well right off the bat as a PT. But if it's going to be another 3+ years of classes, I'd say no. That's way too much debt. you'd be in your 30s before you pay that shit off.
people don't want that. when I did that "reality check" shit, I barely made 30k due to people dropping me. I need to make a living, I have a family. if dumb cunts want to pay me to tell them to do machine meme lifts, okay. Serious lifters don't need me. people serious about getting healthy don't need me anyway. I can help, and those that seem genuine and want real life long help, I give the good shit too. but shithead dudebros who want to get "jacked brah" will get meme shit for being cunts. it's the way the world works.
ISSA
really doesn't matter much, a cert is a cert is a cert. all it tells a gym is "I've got some knowledge, I'm serious about being a PT, and I'm not just some dude who works out and wants a free gym membership and excuse to hangout in the gym all day"

post feet

Do you like being nice to normies?

Yes.

While not exactly a PT, I've been an independent (mostly) strength training coach full time for several years now. I just got home from coaching maybe half an hour ago.

"Personal training" can be a decent way to go if you find a fitness club willing to give you flexibility, decent pay and the freedom to train someone efficiently, but to a lot of people, including myself, coming out with "I'm a PT" is a big red flag for bullshit, and you will often find yourself training specific inefficient routines you are employed to shill for, or routines designed to tire out your client rather than improve them meaningfully.

It can be a decent living if you actually know what you're doing. That alone puts you well above your peers in the field, trainers are fucking retarded and every one of them thinks they are some kind of god.

Speaking of retarded, some students will pay good money and be completely uncoachable, so go in ready for that. Not a field for the easily upset.

And don't go in being a PT unless you put up some MILDLY decent weight at least. If you can't get your bench up to 315 effectively, at least to 250, you probably have no idea what you are doing and won't/shouldn't be taken seriously.

Recovering fatty here. I used to work retail with a PT and debated hiring him. I didn't because I was lazy.

Before I started working out in my own I asked him if she had any thoughts on Starting Strength or Sronglifts, or if he had a different beginner routine he might recommend.

He didn't know what either of them were, and said it would be professionally irresponsible to recommend something to me without knowing my limits.

I'm really glad he told me how useless he was, so that I could just do it on my own. I'm sure I'm saving a ton of money.

70 buck a session part time, meal plan and workout plan is separate price but can go up to 50~100. I give discounts depending on people. Got the most average PTS certification, nothing srs
They are paying for your time and making time to be there, you will have to be someone that leaves a strong impression on people with your skill. Unfortunately people aren't dumb, they will immediately catch onto our flaws and if they don't like how you coach then of course you'll lose a client. If you're good enough, say what ever you wanna say to them and they will still stick to you no matter what. If you want to train all types of people to make profit whether if they are novices or advanced, then you need to have your knowledge way ahead of them. Wow them with your little tricks and other skills you have. Meal plan, workout method to avoid certain injury, stretching routines, reading up powerlifting and bodybuilding routines and even steroid facts (People will ask you about it). Be ahead of them wisdom, be confident with your knowledge and then they will follow you.

>some namefag trying to give me tips on my career
lmao
I think I know what I'm doing but thanks for that "advice"

If you're losing clients and struggling then you aren't.

I think you misread those posts. He's saying that was at the beginning before he learned how to play the game.

I was only losing clients when I tried your kind of ideas, years ago you illiterate cunt.
And far from struggling. My wife and I are a 6 figure income household.
get fucked loser

You sound like you know what's up.

Is it worth it to hire a PT for a session or two to teach basic form?

Like, if I want to learn power cleans properly and also get a form check on other lifts, or something. How could I find a PT who doesn't suck, for that purpose?

Oh me bad, I didn't read the whole thread and I still haven't, just read the part where you responded to me. If you're makin pocket dough now then that's all good then keep goin. Loosen up the edge and maybe you'll make more.

>Is it worth it to hire a PT for a session or two to teach basic form?
no. use youtube/the internet.
you can easily form check yourself with your phone. film yourself from a couple angles while doing it.
form is easy to maintain when the weight is low. remember that, if you can't maintain the form with the current weight, than you can't lift it. it's that simple. the only time this is excusable is for a personal record 1 rep max. this is simply because it's only one rep, and even then, your form shouldn't suffer too much. you really shouldn't be able to lift a lot with poor form. lifting constantly with poor form is how you get to snap city, it's unlikely to snap your shit up on 1 rep unless you go full retard and just yank shit up/down without care.
>How could I find a PT who doesn't suck
pretty much impossible to tell honestly. all the effort you'd have to put in to be able to tell whether or not they are worth it is time you could have spent just doing it on your own from the get go. also saves money.

like I said, if you are serious, PTs are useless to you.

Don't expect much outside of free gym memberships.

Everyone and their granny wants to be a personal trainer. It's not particularly skilled work and you'll end up as a middling, glorified cleaner.

Raise your aspirations.

>Loosen up the edge and maybe you'll make more.
>so dumb he honestly thinks how I act on Veeky Forums is the same in the real world
jesus how the fuck are you even able to breath?

This is depressing. People give away their money to some hungry faggot to waste time and energy on a bunch of machine exercises just because it's "fun". Curiously women are the ones that enjoy doing this the most. For me it only is fun if I am doing something that actually works, instead of wasting my money, time and energy like a retard.

Not all people aren't usually aware of their behaviors, no sweat though you can fix it.

What about that was stupid? If you'd had knee problems (being a fat sack of shit, that's probably likely) then recommending SS would have been a terrible idea.

Plus, no one outside of the internet who doesn't live in Texas knows what the fuck SS is. You're just being an uppity bitch

Relax faggot, the other dude admitted he was wrong, walk away

most people lack the genuine dedication to lift/be healthy. At least I don't have people do dangerous stuff. I genuinely need my clients to improve or else they will drop me, so it's not like I am truly wasting their time. They just aren't getting results as fast and efficiently as they could be. Though some people get the memo and do as I say. I am currently training this lanklord. He came to me, pointed at my abs and said "I want to look like that in a year, can you help me?". I laughed and said sure thing, but it will be hard work and may not come as fast as you think. Guy has followed my advice to a T. He follows my diet plan like a champ, goes hard in the gym, and in just 9 months went from a little twink lanklord to an ottermode slayer. He keeps coming back too. I'm going to get him fucking shredded by next summer and he's super excited for it.
yea you can fuck off now sweetie

this is my fucking thread. you don't post shit in my fucking thread like that. I know what I am talking about. I'm the one who makes the gym bully threads

this is my fucking gym/thread

There's a difference between wanting to get shredded and wanting to get out of breath and have fun in the gym.

Not everyone is as autistic about strength programming and protein timing as Veeky Forums.

>if you can't get your bench up to 315
Lol I got my PT job when I could only bench my bodyweight and DL 2x. It's about people skills m8.

Underrated

>my thread
You have no power here. Make a gym bully general, where my boy big P at?

Holy moley it's surprising that someone married your fussy butt

>You have no power here.
do you see post at the top with the most replies in this whole thread?

THIS
IS
MY
FUCKING
THREAD

We worked together for years, he knows I don't have mobility issues. But even then he could've said something. He just didn't say anything instead.

Also, he is on the Internet. I'm not a PT, but given how much SS seems to get talked about on the internet and how much this guy posts about fitness on Facebook I was honestly surprised.

In any case, I never said it was stupid. I said he was useless to me, which turned out to be true.

Hey! Don’t talk to Cheekie like that.

It's Veeky Forums's thread now, lad. What you gonna do about that, make more bitchy posts, nerd?

>Plus, no one outside of the internet who doesn't live in Texas knows what the fuck SS is

When I went to college 6 years ago literally every single guy who lifted was doing SS/SL/GLP, or some intermediate version of that. Basically anyone who's outside the "squats destroy your knees" medicine-ball crowd is aware of it.

Quick! tip the fedora!