Started SS

>started SS
>can only bench the empty bar
should I warm up benching dumbbells?

SS is a shit program. Start out doing cable and dumbbell exercises to facilitate proprioception and muscular control, so that you can develop a decent bar path prior to you actually lifting a barbell.

SS is recommended by trolls and retards who want you to wind up T-rex mode. If that's what you're going for, cool. Keep at it.

If you can only bench the bar then progress from the bar. Stick with the program for a few months and if you don't like it switch.

Your 1RM is 20kg/45lbs? Do you take chemo?

SS is fine. I'd say stick with that shit for a minute. If you need to use the girl bar how many times are you repling the bar? Just once?

I bet you can't even deadlift 3 plates. Get the fuck out of here.

shoo shoo skelly

Wrong, not OP. First commenter here. No need to be a dick, if you can't back up your gainz kid

how is that even possible
im skelly as fuk and bench my bodyweight 3 reps

>do these other exercises to get good at these barbell exercises

user, OP needs SS if his strength is this low

Shit dyet

Your form is probly bad
Watch "so you think you can bench"

And that has what to do with benching a bar?

Kek, nice projection. You don't need to be able to fly, to be a good ornithologist, so your argument is invalid. And he can't bench press 20kgs, it means that he wouldn't be probably able to set the bar on the racks. I would start with bitch push-ups and actually eating something if I were him.

I'd argue the opposite, user, as dumbbell exercises will develop his stabilizing muscles as well as allow him to progress up to the bar and have decent form.

you don't need to warm up if you're just benching the bar. if you're a beginner and want it all laid out for you, download the stronglifts 5x5 app.

You're a fucking moron, kill yourself you FUCKING faggot

To op, Switch to woman bar if you can't hang, nothing wrong with that. Get the form down.

did you just wake up from a coma?

his inner goddess awakened

>bruh

lold pretty hard

The worst advice possible.

OP listen to Start with the bar and once you have a good hand on it progress by adding weight a bit at a time.

You have to start somewhere, and for you its just the bar. As long as you keep at it you'll build up weight.

The last time I could only bench the bar was...never. Like I was skelly in high school and still started at at least 75lbs

>ss is a shit program

He wants to get better at bp so you tell him to use cables? That's like telling someone who wants to get into running to start skateboarding first.

This is how dangerous memes are. Some idiots talked shit on SS ironically and now idiots like this guy unironically believe SS is shit for beginners.
In conclusion kys

add 5lbs next time dummy thats how you progress

do it again next time except add weights

use proper form

I started at the bar too but don't give up, you need to just keep doing the program